43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

UP PCS Defence Studies Material in English

Hi. I'd be thankful if someone could tell me which books/notes to follow for Defence Studies for UP PCS Mains. Pls suggest
·

Comments

• CHECK MODERN STRATEGIC THOUGHT BY SHEKHAR ADHIKARI IT MAY ONLY BE AVAILBLE IN ALLAHABAD
    ·
  • Amy idea for paper 2 material?
    ·
  • i have 2 booklets regarding defence studies..purchased last year fron developing group in 1500/-i want to sell it as it is. if anybody interested please pm me
    If 50 percent of your career is not filled with failure, you're not really successful.
    ·
  • edited January 2016
    is it in english or in hindi?? @crazylazy
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
    ·
  • osho_baba said:

its probably in english but defence material in english not much relevant to actual course content.... with CSAT gone probability lot less for publishing in english
    ·
  • player10 said:

osho_baba said:

its probably in english but defence material in english not much relevant to actual course content.... with CSAT gone probability lot less for publishing in english
    do u know of any defence material in english @player10 ??? and how is scaling in this subject
    One of the greatest mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results
    ·
  • osho_baba said:

player10 said:

osho_baba said:

do u know of any defence material in english @player10 ??? and how is scaling in this subject
    no not in english. with surge in this subject in csat era i thought some material would be released n English but that has vanished after removal of csat and re-entry of hindi medium veteran brigade... Scaling is ok for all optionals and no major problem with it unless the commission adopts unfair and corrupt means(which it does regularly). Otherwise, do not bother about scaling. it wont affect much. only thing that bothers us in preference to hindi medium and corrupt means by the commission
    ·
  • Defence syllabus looks vast.
    कसूर ना उनका है ना मेरा, हम दोनो रिश्तों की रसमें निभाते रहे;वो दोस्ती का एहसास जताते रहे, हम मोहबत को दिल में छुपाते रहे।
    @summum bonum
    ·
  • @player10 what is the case with social works ?
    कसूर ना उनका है ना मेरा, हम दोनो रिश्तों की रसमें निभाते रहे;वो दोस्ती का एहसास जताते रहे, हम मोहबत को दिल में छुपाते रहे।
    @summum bonum
    ·
  • Bodo said:

Defence syllabus looks vast.

some part overlaps with IR and other subjects
    ·
  • Bodo said:

@player10 what is the case with social works ?

that is available...
    ·
  • osho_baba said:

the book is in english language

If 50 percent of your career is not filled with failure, you're not really successful.
    ·
  • edited May 2016
    "Sudhanshu Mishra" ji classes kab se shuru ho rahi aur pure notes kaise milenge ..thoda sab detail me bataye..

aapki coaching ka advertisement dekha tha fb pe

·
  • osho_baba said:

Bodo said:

Defence syllabus looks vast.

some part overlaps with IR and other subjects
    @osho_baba second paper to ho jata hai IR and IDSA site se thoda bahut...main problem is paper-1 I have only Shekhar Adhikari ...it's little bit confusing and no one here in Delhi to help us...
    ·
  • In 2015 I got 127 in paper-2 but performed badly in paper-1 by securing only 83 marks. .
    ·
  • Sir protected file hai .... plz password batayein
    ·
  • well i have often reiterated the fact that defense is not conducive for eng medium students.. its not .... target is not to get avg marks but good marks to cover up for hindi paper and fair and just interviews.. not only selection + good rank.. + in last few years it was downscaled as well. nowhere you gonna get syllabus wise topic wise material in english...get that thing very clear
    ·
  • In 2015 I got 127 in paper-2 but performed badly in paper-1 by securing only 83 marks. .

Strange u got 83. Adhikari is not that OK? Gud marks in paper 2. Hw come?
    @clausewitz I didn't read Adhikari properly bhai.... anyway good or bad it's only choice in paper-1
    In Paper 2 I only followed Chokalingam's IR notes and IDSA...

·
  • I heard that someone is giving coaching for Defense Studies in English in Mukherjee Nagar...in 21 days for 10k
    If anybody have information regarding that teacher plz share his name and institute ...
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google