Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

CSE 15 Form: Community Certificate (OBC, SC/ST) and date issues

edited May 2015 in Miscellaneous
I'm from OBC and I have a OBC-NC certificate issued in year 2009.

Should I get a new certificate issued? Does UPSC gives some format to follow while getting new certificate?

If I can use the old certificate, then how old could it be? Like 6 months or 3 years or what?

And what is this Community Certificate Date in form?
दूध मागोगे तो खीर देगे.... दूध फट गया तो पनीर देगे :-)

Comments

• You should get it renewed as far as I know it should be max 1 yr old..
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
  • Obc certificate validity is 3 yrs, for 2014 pt & mains I submitted of 2013, interview due in june, no objection being raised on obc date certificate..

remember 3 years is validity because 3 years financial returns-income tax returns you have to file along with daf..

And yes they do give time if any certificate they need you to re-submit.. Many students have even submitted after getting selected-remember in pdf final list- these roll numbers selection is provisional-it is normally due to some certificate not submitted..
  • Bro its date of issue of caste certificate. Sc st have only one certificate so community certificate date is the date of the original certificate. Don't know how obc certificate works.
  • wat about sc mine was issued in 2004.should i get it renewed
  • SC/ST certificates remain valid from the date of it's issuance while OBC certificate has to be updated on periodic basis because of the creamy layer clause.

While UPSC remains extremely cool with regards documents up till Mains stage, it's advisable that one gets the certificate for it has to be produced anyhow during interview.
  • wat about sc mine was issued in 2004.should i get it renewed
    Bhai mine is from 1998..lifetime validity..

No such thing of renewing sc st certificate.
  • edited May 2015
    SC/ST wont be having much issues . But Parliament some time add or remove certain castes from OBC's list .. Any way 2-3 years old certificate can be used with ease if the particular caste has not got any renewal ..

I think beyond that get a new one --> I meant this for OBC candidates only..

:)>-
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • SC/ST wont be having much issues . But Parliament some time add or remove certain castes from OBC's list .. Any way 2-3 years old certificate can be used with ease if the particular caste has not got any renewal ..

I think beyond that get a new one --> I meant this for OBC candidates only..

:)>-
    parliament only amend presidential order specifying sc/st in order to include or exclude certain caste or tribes from respective list.obcs inclusion/ exclusion is done by executive itself on basis of ncbc recommendation
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
  • edited May 2015
    @hummingbird nice info. Thanks for share.. =D>
  • So, that means I need to get a new OBC certificate from Tehsidlar in our area.

So, can someone tell me or give link to valid format of OBC certificate accepted by UPSC?
    दूध मागोगे तो खीर देगे.... दूध फट गया तो पनीर देगे :-)
  • When you say obc certificate, is it NCL or caste one? @Vibin ? I have filled date of issuance of my caste certificate which is 12 yr old. Even my NCL certificate is nearly 7 yr old.
  • When you say obc certificate, is it NCL or caste one? @Vibin ? I have filled date of issuance of my caste certificate which is 12 yr old. Even my NCL certificate is nearly 7 yr old.
    @mooreeze even you can clarify.

• For OBC NCL, you can mention date irrespective of how old is that, but remember during time of interview, get a new one.(max. a year old) because salary keep changing with time for NCL

• edited May 2015
    @MoCuishle So is it cool to have submitted form with date of caste certificate(which is 12 year old) and not with NCL date( 7 yr old)?
    Sure, I will get new NCL before filling DAF.
    Also, last year I appeared under General Category. That should not create any issue,right? I have mentioned that attempt in this year's form.
  • I have two SC caste certificates one original which is not according to the prescribed format of upsc and one which is according to the prescribed format on the basis of original one. Both have different dates so which date should I fill in the form ??
  • @MoCuishle So is it cool to have submitted form with date of caste certificate(which is 12 year old) and not with NCL date( 7 yr old)?
    Sure, I will get new NCL before filling DAF.
    Also, last year I appeared under General Category. That should not create any issue,right? I have mentioned that attempt in this year's form.
    Yes, it's all fine. But make sure, just after prelims you renew your certificate, it's a small process. Get income certificate attach with the performa of OBC certificate, fill all the details, give it to Tehsil office(or whatever offfice in your district). They will provide it renewed one.

• edited May 2015
    The new OBC certificate format has a 2014 clause(edited to add)So this automatically means you have to get one after 2014, so that the new clause is included.

As the certificate is a function of your parent's income status + community listed under OBC list, do get it from where your parents are ordinarily resident.
    CSE 2014 / First Attempt / Interview.
    CSE 2015 - sigh. here i come.
  • @sanket002 By date of Community certificate, UPSC doesn't mean your state govt. issued community cert! It refers to the certificate - the OBC certificate.
  • @Joker110 2014 mains annexure VI has the latest 2014 resolution date - let me post it.
  • @ashley The prescribed SC certificate is issued based on your original one. It is the date of the prescribed format cert that UPSC wants.
  • And there can be no hard and fast rule for a OBC cert validity, because communities get added and dropped from the central OBC list. It is better to get a cert with the latest clauses included, than to worry in the PT stage.
  • Instructions from last year's main application :
    Note l : Candidates claiming to belong to OBCs should note that the name of their caste(including its spellings) as indicated in their certificates, should be exactly the same as
    published in the lists notified by the Central Government from time to time. A certificate
    containing any variation in the caste name will not be accepted.

Note 2 : The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State (or part of the
    State) to which his father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State (or
    part of the State) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been
    issued to him based on his father's OBC certificate from the State to which he (father) originally
    belongs
  • Go to : http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AxTKyoCWBq4J:upscdaf.nic.in/DAF/daf_csm_2014/Instructions.pdf+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=in

and you'll see the form for OBC there if you scroll down with latest 2014 clauses added.
  • is there any requirement for OBC certificate in prelims form filling??
  • Hi friends I need your help, my father is class 3 employee in Railway and income is 4.5lakhs per annum. so please let me know am I eligible for Non creamy layer OBC reservation for UPSC.
    From some sources i got to know that if your parents are govt employee, then INCOME criteria doesn’t apply. Please clarify.

thanks in advance!
  • @kirrak yea thats right only service status will apply..moreover even if u apply income test then also.u are ncl coz currently income limit is 6 lacs
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
  • koi OBC wala hai kya, concrete info on land ceiling thing. i just want to confirm
    land.png
    1172 x 768 - 47K
    मैं खड़ा हूँ उसी दोराहे पे, आज भी इंतज़ार में तेरे !
    या तो ज़िन्दगी आये तेरे लिबास में! या मैं चलूँ फिरदौस की तलाश में !!
  • can anyone confirm
  • threshold would be 85% of statutory ceiling limit
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog