ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

Any one with Botany optional here?

though i hope till 2011 botany aspirants were about to get extinct !!!
World is full of cheaters..

Comments

• I am living fossil...with botany optional :)
    Chale the ek sath hi, manzil ki talash mein....
    Mera safar zara lamba tha,ye tune der mein jana ...
    living fossils are always paid utmost attention and special care. I hope upsc will take care of this elite cum vulnerable class of ours :p
    living fossils are always paid utmost attention and special care. I hope upsc will take care of this elite cum vulnerable class of ours :p
    Tathastu..
    Bhai tumhara pre kaisa raha ? Writing mains this year ?

• edited September 2014
    bhai sure nahi 210-215 border line case.. 24th se aajtak kuch nahi padha.. tumhara score?
  • hey ppl, thinking to take botany as an optional. Preparing from home. Can u please provide books, strategy or name of coaching notes or anything as to how to go about the subject.?
    thankyou.
  • i am with you man botany optional but doubtful about qualifying
  • @ kappa_ pandit..u r not the only living fossil...me too...I write prlims 2014 , didnot qualify..will write again for 2015..so we can discuss here..
  • edited January 2015
    @ kappa_ pandit..u r not the only living fossil...me too...I write prlims 2014 , didnot qualify..will write again for 2015..so we can discuss here..
    B-)
  • Hello guys.. how is marking in botany? I attempted arnd 450 and 400 is solid attempt
  • Hey guys ... I appeared in upsc mains 14 with botany optional. Did 450 marks question and thinking to get 220 marks. Hoping for interview call. One of my senior attempted 310 marks and got 220 marks last year. Finally got selected also...
    Maidan- e- Jung me ghudhsawar hi girate hain....
    WO tifn kya girenge Jo ghutano ke bal rengate hain
  • Hello guys.. how is marking in botany? I attempted arnd 450 and 400 is solid attempt
    Hey guys ... I appeared in upsc mains 14 with botany optional. Did 450 marks question and thinking to get 220 marks. Hoping for interview call. One of my senior attempted 310 marks and got 220 marks last year. Finally got selected also...
    @naveen1234 @bigdreamer
    you can land anywhere between 200 to 250.
    Hey guys ... I appeared in upsc mains 14 with botany optional. Did 450 marks question and thinking to get 220 marks. Hoping for interview call. One of my senior attempted 310 marks and got 220 marks last year. Finally got selected also...
    @naveen1234 @bigdreamer
    you can land anywhere between 200 to 250.
    kappa bhai... you are with botany? i have some doubts..
  • I have decided to take botany as my optional subject.
    Will give my frst attempt in 2016.
    Started with reading NCERTs.
    Should i take coaching or do self study..
    I know about 1 institute in Delhi n head that its best for botany optional preparation.
    Suggestions are welcome. :)
    Simple living and high thinking !!
  • Any guy who made in interview list with botany????
  • I couldn't get through it. What's about you @bigdreamer
    I haven't heard anyone who has qalified with botany so far this time..
    Kya hua bhai log kaha ho sab log..
  • I also could not... @hopeleads will u go on with same optional. I left pubad and went with botany this year and got screwed....
  • This was my first attempt and considering the papers of botany this year, I dont think any advantage of taking botany. Still, I can't think of taking any other optional.. Let's have a cryptogamic kill of upsc with little more efforts :)
  • Please suggest sm1. M gonna appear for CSE 2016 and decided to take botany as my optional subject.
    I hvnt strted any preparation for botany. Should i think once more abt tkng it as my optional subject as i found that no1 cleared mains wid botany optional. What should i do. Please guide.
  • @IAS_officer
    you have enough time. Better to go for some other life. Life at botany is a real trouble with a long boring journey.. Last moment mess with syllabus is a normal phenomenon with botany people..
    Have a deep introspection, take breath and take life. Better to change the track at your juncture if botany is not the only source of orgasm for you :) feel the change..
    Good luck
  • Bro pehle geography,political science,pub ad,history,socio,wallop se bhi suggestions le lena.so bhaiya extent of living fossilism is directly proportional to marks in upsc.
    "revision is just like a paan leaves
    if it wudn't be turned continously it wud have rotten

similarly... if the revision has n't been done repeatedly it wud have forgotten".

• @ias_officer. If you have confidence of paper 2 of botany and good knowledge, only then go for it otherwise leave it. I messed up with paper 1 this time. But I am sure that I will make it with botany only next time.
  • edited April 2015
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/1470662459840344?ref=bookmark

Guys,
    Everything is relative.so is the success of an optional say botany. This year no one seen clearing mains with botany so botany seems to b a futile subject. But if in 2015 any of Vinay Baranwal Shrey Puranik Sudhir Pandey Vinay Tripathi etc lands in top 10, then same botany will be regarded as good optionals.
    There is no denying of fact that botany is a tough optional to take. But probs can be overcome if a proper strategy is followed.
    Main prob with botany is that it has a vast syllabus but at the same time syllabus gives aspirant the greed that 'i alone can master botany syllabus'.
    Mastering botany kills time of GS. Viceversa one cant complete botany syllabus on time.in either case its loose loose situation.
    So master strategy to master botany is to form a serious dedicated study group so that in lesser time botany can be completed in a quality way.
    I am planning to have one such study group in delhi starting from may 2015.me and Vinay Baranwal and few others will b part of this. If anyone else is interested then you can join us in delhi. Otherwise of you are serious with botany form study groups in your respective cities.
    However those who are yet to start with botany i would siggest - look for other optionals as well.
    if you are still waiting for that one person who will change your life..
    then stand infront of mirror !!!
  • I am confident in both paper 1 and 2. But i need to join coaching. I know i will do very good with botany.
    But when i c the result of botany in upsc.. i feel sad. I start doubting, m i going on right rack or should i change it. Thinking of changing track gives me headache as from core of my heart i dnt want to leave botany n others subjects r totally new fr me n i dnt want to study them in so much depth as i knw that ill nt b able to do justice wid other optional subjects. 8-|
  • I am confident in both paper 1 and 2. But i need to join coaching. I know i will do very good with botany.
    But when i c the result of botany in upsc.. i feel sad. I start doubting, m i going on right rack or should i change it. Thinking of changing track gives me headache as from core of my heart i dnt want to leave botany n others subjects r totally new fr me n i dnt want to study them in so much depth as i knw that ill nt b able to do justice wid other optional subjects. 8-|
    Madam, you kindly leave botany. Botany will b vry happy having break up with you :D
  • edited April 2015
    @Dr_Prem How do u knw dat m madam nt sir ?
    Think before saying smthing. U r aspiring to b an IAS n this is nt expected frm u.
    Your name is Prem, why you are toking about breakups..
    And m nt gonna leave botany. Its my final decision.
    Ull c my name in top 5 in CSE 2016 results (with botany optional)
  • @Dr_Prem How do u knw dat m madam nt sir ?
    Think before saying smthing. U r aspiring to b an IAS n this is nt expected frm u.
    Your name is Prem, why you are toking about breakups..
    And m nt gonna leave botany. Its my final decision.
    Ull c my name in top 5 in CSE 2016 results (with botany optional)
    Thats like a good girl.. ^:)^
  • What ? Few min. ago u were suggesting me to hv brkup wid botany..
    nw good grl.. ?
    @Dr_Prem
  • What ? Few min. ago u were suggesting me to hv brkup wid botany..
    nw good grl.. ?
    @Dr_Prem
    Hmm..bcos u were showing nakhrey to botny. But now u hv made up your botany ;)

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog