Invitation : Attend OPEN Classes on Current Affairs for Mains 2017 on 16th & 17th at 11AM

Walk in to the Test Center at 11AM Today or Register for the 2 Days Open Classes, or enroll for the ONLINE / OFFLINE Current Affairs for Mains 2017 by visiting the below link http://blog.forumias.com/currentaffairs2017. A registration fee of Rs. 50/day is charged for the two day event to have a correct estimate of the number of people attending.

Which is the best current affairs material? Chronicle/VisionIAS/InsightsonIndia/Others?

Comments

• What does your initial research tell you? What does your homework tell you?
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
    ·
  • @Neyawn I have read chronicle in my previous attempts. I found it ok. But some people have told me that VisionIAS monthly magazine is better. InsightsonIndia notes also have some nice reviews. It would be nice if people who have read these materials share their experiences.
    ·
  • vision ias monthly magazine is good..but read along with Indian express
    ·
  • @neanderthal @sananthan @etat
    Kindly enlighten me...
    ·
  • @neanderthal @sananthan @etat
    Kindly enlighten me...
    I have no idea. Never used any of them.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    ·
  • edited May 2015
    @Neyawn I have read chronicle in my previous attempts. I found it ok. But some people have told me that VisionIAS monthly magazine is better. InsightsonIndia notes also have some nice reviews. It would be nice if people who have read these materials share their experiences.

which ever you cover within remaining days is best for you and most important which ever you remember till last is best current affair for you.

one small suggestion buying 3 different current affair, instead of follow 3 different newspaper it help alot.
    ·
  • @drmaverick

For Prelims: I'll use CST magazine and make notes from there. (time span: 1 year from prelims-2015)
    For mains: I am making notes from IOI Secure initiative. (time span: 2 years from mains-2015)

All your knowledge will go waste if you are not able to revisit the knowledge through 'your' notes, before the exams. Period.

If I would have enough time after answer/essay/GS-IV answer writing practice and if I am able to get them online(which I will), then I shall try to append my notes through the current affairs material mentioned by you in the 'thread heading'.

This is what my analysis about the CSE says.
    ·
  • @drmaverick : Hey , please guide me on note making for current affairs . I m really struggling with that
    2017 : First Attempt
    ·
  • You can refer to Vajiram or Vision magazines for Current Affairs. Now Vajiram has improved the Current Affair magazine by multifold, as it has omitted all the redundant columns like Obituary, sports etc, which are irrelevant for UPSC. Other than that , it has added a Cover Story column in the beginning of the book, which covers the burning topic of the month, and above it Vajiram has started providing with the objective type questions in the fag-end of the magazine.
    ·
  • I have referred Vajiram and Chronicle previously for Current Affairs. This year i just visited website BestCurrentAffairs.com. Their news seemed catchy and important to me. So I downloaded their free PDF magazine and compared it with Vajiram and Chronicle. I have no hesitation to say that coverage of this PDF magazine was more than of these two reputed institutes.

For current affairs for ias exam, my main focus remains on current affairs related to government such PIB, MEA, Niti Aayog etc. as questions comes from these areas more often. I found that this (Best Current Affairs) website covers all these events and news comprehensively.
    ·
  • bro genuinely i will tell you there is so much material availale.. so pick up just one and stick to it..dats it
    light up ur Darkness to bright up ur Future...AJ
    ·
  • I have done vision monthly. Will stick to them. Maybe check out insights full year coverage.
    ·
  • @drmaverick start with one news paper. Go through dynamic parts. Focus on business(economy), national international affairs and opinions. Initially it will take time to cultivate reading newspaper, but as you go ahead you will perceive the areas to focus and ignore.
    Though they is immense amount of material on current affairs, i suggest you to read news paper along side . It definitely helps.
    ·
  • I read The Hindu and Knappily(app), and it works well for my preparation.
    ·
  • Vision walo ne monthly magazine nikalna band kar di Kiya ? March ki ab tak nahi aayi hai
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog