Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

UPSC Vs Youth !

notification will come on 16th and final call on aspirants till 32 will be taken. 10 lakh prepare for 1000 seats. the deserving ones get selected rest try again and again till one day like me they realise their whole youth is gone being an aspirant. pattern changes,new youngsters coming every year,developing technology,from orkut to facebook to forum time flies.things i regret not spending time with family,all my cousins and brother sisters married,missed most of them,friends got married,many have school going children now,lost all market relations, no savings,health wise i look more than my age, hair loss and weight gain combined,specs on eyes sun burnt from running from coaching to mess to room,to constant back pain and fluffy eyes from lack of sleep. no job skill added.when i visit home no common topic to talk as i dont know about most happenings. my ex girlfriend whom i thought i would propose from LBSNNA has a 4 year old son today.when i started my preparation friends decided to watch 1 movie per month bunty aur bubbly to badlapur time flies friends very fast in this race of life. Friends sometimes i sit and think about past and ask myself was all of that effort worth it ?
·

Comments

• Seniors plz advise on job searching
    ·
  • and youngsters too
    ·
  • Hufff
    Bhai it is very scary.
    you have not mentioned your edu qualification for us to help.

·
  • graduation in history thanks for reply
    ·
  • notification will come on 16th and final call on aspirants till 32 will be taken. 10 lakh prepare for 1000 seats. the deserving ones get selected rest try again and again till one day like me they realise their whole youth is gone being an aspirant. pattern changes,new youngsters coming every year,developing technology,from orkut to facebook to forum time flies.things i regret not spending time with family,all my cousins and brother sisters married,missed most of them,friends got married,many have school going children now,lost all market relations, no savings,health wise i look more than my age, hair loss and weight gain combined,specs on eyes sun burnt from running from coaching to mess to room,to constant back pain and fluffy eyes from lack of sleep. no job skill added.when i visit home no common topic to talk as i dont know about most happenings. my ex girlfriend whom i thought i would propose from LBSNNA has a 4 year old son today.when i started my preparation friends decided to watch 1 movie per month bunty aur bubbly to badlapur time flies friends very fast in this race of life. Friends sometimes i sit and think about past and ask myself was all of that effort worth it ?
    Very true.. it mirrored my life.!!....

^:)^ ^:)^ =D>
    ·
  • Sorry brother.
    Donot know anythong about Job market for Arts Professionals.
    Waisey my optional is also history.

·
  • let this thread continue....
    ·
  • no problem friend seth all the best for your exam agent upsc thanks for reply
    ·
  • edited May 2015
    No no dude.. i must tell thanks to you.. as long as i was reading i felt as though somebody wrote what i went through... you made my day dude... awesome. Chalo.. we have come till here.. we will see rest of the life too.. our lives may not be as expected. But somehow we lived..!!.. we lived ... !!!!
    ·
  • Not exactly my story, but I can relate a lot with me. I never left my job, but compromised a lot at every step.

Now, I feel I am too old but still gathering courage for final strike.
    ·
  • hats off to u dude for continuing so long ...i am 28 preparing from 5 years 3 attempts down ...it does take away your youth for sure ...though i live with family ..but is it living ..i hardly go out ever ..when i do ..i feel awkward ..internet has become my life since last 5 years ..you started from bunty bubbly lol..well i started from friends season 1 ..then 2 ..then 10 ..then how i met your mother ..to ..modern family ..to games of thrones to what not ..every hollywood blockbuster to every tv sitcom ..it sure has taken a toll on my health ..my hair are falling ..and remaining are going grey ..thought wud get transplant once through upsc ..but even that looks a far fetched dream as hair left are few ..have gained weight due to late night maggie and cold coffees ..social life nil..facebook ..nil ..not uploaded a pic since years ..though i log in every day ...watch my class mates ..trip pics from france to manali .. almost all my crushes in friend list are married ...my friends have stopped calling me ..and i feel .. i will call them once i get through ...but waiting for that day ..since last 6 years ..in my coaching days ..turned down lots of approaching females ..coz was charged i have to study ..now i regret ..and feel frustrated ..parents are still supportive though ..but neighbours always look at me like alien ...colony crush also got married ...ex gf's ..got married..laughed at me last time we met ..saying "why have u become devdas ..did u loved me soo much "..she is naive ..she doesn't understand ..its not her ..its UPSC !!
    ·
  • take care of your health friend and prepare well for final strike all the best and good luck to you
    ·
  • Time is the most precious resource on Earth, utilize it properly.
    ·
  • Well done friend ... Wonderful ... Life is too precious to be wasted... In the midst of preparing for upsc we sometime stop living ..
    ·
  • edited May 2015
    well ..thanks ..health has been going down since last 2 years ..from 30 to 32 to presently 36 ..i have witnessed change literally ...i dress only in lowers now ..cause i have no jeans in 36 ...i sumtimes doubt weather i will be diagnosed with diabetes ..with all the junk food ..and no exercise ...bmi is in uncomfortable territory ...have not played a game in years that was not online or on my phone ...forum has became the facebook of us ex vajiramians ..but most have gone to other jobs in mnc to banking ..from night birds to bakars ..we did shared a lot of time together .we used to pull all nighters ..prepare our cold cofees and maggie .we almost didnt see sunlight for a year then on result date .we were done and dusted ..but the few lucky who got selected hardly respond to whatsapp mesgs now ..leave alone meeting in person ...once they get selected ..they do change colours ...and i m living proof to that !
    ·
  • notification will come on 16th and final call on aspirants till 32 will be taken. 10 lakh prepare for 1000 seats. the deserving ones get selected rest try again and again till one day like me they realise their whole youth is gone being an aspirant. pattern changes,new youngsters coming every year,developing technology,from orkut to facebook to forum time flies.things i regret not spending time with family,all my cousins and brother sisters married,missed most of them,friends got married,many have school going children now,lost all market relations, no savings,health wise i look more than my age, hair loss and weight gain combined,specs on eyes sun burnt from running from coaching to mess to room,to constant back pain and fluffy eyes from lack of sleep. no job skill added.when i visit home no common topic to talk as i dont know about most happenings. my ex girlfriend whom i thought i would propose from LBSNNA has a 4 year old son today.when i started my preparation friends decided to watch 1 movie per month bunty aur bubbly to badlapur time flies friends very fast in this race of life. Friends sometimes i sit and think about past and ask myself was all of that effort worth it ?
    Don't have any job suggestion for u. But u may apply for MSW through distance, that will surely add for future scope in NGO's and different UN organizations. UN jobs are highly paid and dynamic too. Being a CSE aspirant you can sail through their interviews.

And as far as missing friends marriage, girlfriend and other such happiness is concerned, I believe that neither of the events were the last source of happiness. In future many occasions of probably much happier moment might be waiting to embrace u.
    This is my first attempt and I may not posses sufficient experience to suggest you but still I would say that we should always enjoy every second of our life. And by saying that I mean to ask you that didn't you enjoyed the preparation phase. Wasn't running from coaching to mess a challenge? And didn't you overcame that?
    Didn't reading newspapers and subjects enhanced your knowledge? Didn't preparation gave you a new, brighter and better perspective to look around?
    I know you enjoyed every bit, then why get dishearten brother. UPSC is not important than life itself.

I wish you find pleasure in every coming moment, stay honest, stay noble. Wish you a great future ahead.
    Its not about how much time you have, its what you choose to do with it.
    ·
    Don't have any job suggestion for u. But u may apply for MSW through distance, that will surely add for future scope in NGO's and different UN organizations. UN jobs are highly paid and dynamic too. Being a CSE aspirant you can sail through their interviews.

And as far as missing friends marriage, girlfriend and other such happiness is concerned, I believe that neither of the events were the last source of happiness. In future many occasions of probably much happier moment might be waiting to embrace u.
    This is my first attempt and I may not posses sufficient experience to suggest you but still I would say that we should always enjoy every second of our life. And by saying that I mean to ask you that didn't you enjoyed the preparation phase. Wasn't running from coaching to mess a challenge? And didn't you overcame that?
    Didn't reading newspapers and subjects enhanced your knowledge? Didn't preparation gave you a new, brighter and better perspective to look around?
    I know you enjoyed every bit, then why get dishearten brother. UPSC is not important than life itself.

I wish you find pleasure in every coming moment, stay honest, stay noble. Wish you a great future ahead.
    ·
    ·
    ·
  • biggest distraction..isnt booze ..smoke ..aur even bumpy relationships...it is this ..dinosaur called internet ...it is one hell of a time waster ...from rank wars in class tests ..it later turned to forum wars ...where we all believed v wre studying but we wern't ...after getting knocked out in interview ..a lot of us believed ..we wr the bosses ..we r just there ..just need to improve a bit of personality ...enrolled for a gym .yeah real gym ..cut down nicotine ..fresh juice and cocunut water after workout ..one of us got a guitar ..to improve on hobbies column ..we ...became judgemental ...questioning even teachers ..what do u know ..we have cleared mains ..what u know ..fell on our backs in next attempt ...failing even mains ...while most left this race ..i am still carrying the flag ..for one last time ...but i m not the same guy anymore ..time does take a toll on ones health ..i hate to say this ..but i feel old ..my hairline has receded to saif ali khan's level ..my body structure is equivalent to sajjid khan ...and to top it off ..-1.5 specs ..in ..hindsight ..i feel my best chance was ..right after i failed interview ..instead of improving ..i gave away what i earned ...your best chance is your 1st shot ..give it after 2 years preparation..no issues ..but make it your best one ..coz with advancing age ..depression ..creeps in ..no matter how tough u r ...and after few years ..u cant even sit through lectures ..same old jokes ..same old bakar by teachers ..they do fool us good ...i remember ..one teacher of geo..told a fresher still in college gal to open a class window ...and said ...feel the air ..its coming from lbsnaa ...its caling u ..close ur eyes and feel the call...i was like wtf ..is this guy even qualified to teach civil services aspirants ...every time i think how these "teachers" robbed me my blood boils
    ·
  • to sum it up ,,,have a social life ...so when u succeed ..u hav someone to celebrate with ...take care of health .. its rightly said health is wealth ...my best shot was ..when i was fit energetic ..outgoing ..happy ..chirpy lad ..now i m this lethargic lonely ..and tired overweight man ..yeah a 28 year old man ..last week my neighbors college going daughter called me uncle ...man ..a child died inside me that moment..an earthquake of 10.0 jolted my nerve center ...life will never be same again ! so plzz close this thread and dont talk about "youth" ...it hurts...it hurts real bad...one day u will also understand ..
    ·
  • edited May 2015
    @nusrat javed

I stand at the same crossroad. But coming across good people, some from this forum, makes life a bit bearable. I've nothing much to say. Just wanna give you a tight hug >:D<

·
  • on hug for me too >:D< ..i need one ...badly .. O:-)
    ·
  • dogdog
    edited May 2015
    to sum it up ,,,have a social life ...so when u succeed ..u hav someone to celebrate with ...take care of health .. its rightly said health is wealth ...my best shot was ..when i was fit energetic ..outgoing ..happy ..chirpy lad ..now i m this lethargic lonely ..and tired overweight man ..yeah a 28 year old man ..last week my neighbors college going daughter called me uncle ...man ..a child died inside me that moment..an earthquake of 10.0 jolted my nerve center ...life will never be same again ! so plzz close this thread and dont talk about "youth" ...it hurts...it hurts real bad...one day u will also understand ..
    You write brilliantly. I can ready your writing whole day without getting bored. Try script writing also.
    ·
  • to sum it up ,,,have a social life ...so when u succeed ..u hav someone to celebrate with ...take care of health .. its rightly said health is wealth ...my best shot was ..when i was fit energetic ..outgoing ..happy ..chirpy lad ..now i m this lethargic lonely ..and tired overweight man ..yeah a 28 year old man ..last week my neighbors college going daughter called me uncle ...man ..a child died inside me that moment..an earthquake of 10.0 jolted my nerve center ...life will never be same again ! so plzz close this thread and dont talk about "youth" ...it hurts...it hurts real bad...one day u will also understand ..

You write brilliantly. I can ready your writing whole day without getting bored. Try script writing also.
    i wish u were the checker of my answer sheets
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog