SSC CGLE 2015: Affected by change in date for reckoning of age

edited May 2015 in SSC
Every affected students should take a printout of this and send it to Dopt and SSC and also mail it.

To,
The Joint Secretary,
Establishment Wing,
Room No. 111
Dept. Of Personnel & Training,
North Block,
New Delhi-110001

Subject: - Date of age Limit reckoning for SSC CGL Exam-2015.
Respected Madam/Sir,

The following post is regarding the gross injustice looming large for the lakhs of genuine students/Govt. Job Aspirants through SSC CGL-2015 Exam. ( notified on 1st May, 2015).

Every year SSC publishes the Notification for Combined Graduate Level Exam(CGL) in First half of the year and conducts the Tier-I of exam in 1st half itself. The same schedule was supposed to be followed by SSC for CGL-2015 Exam with crucial date for age limit reckoning to be considered from 1-Jan, 2015 as per DoPT guidelines and the same was published in its Original Examination Calendar for the year 2015.

However due to various inefficiencies of SSC like paper leak of CGL-2013, CHSL-2014 exam paper leak, subsequent cancellation and reexamination of these exams, various court cases against ssc etc. the whole processing of CGL-2015 exam got delayed with no fault of job aspirants at all.

Subsequently In its revised exam calendar for 2015 SSC pushed the exam of CGL-2015 (Tier-1) in second half of the year 2015 which has rendered thousands of students ineligible (Overage) because now the crucial date for age limit reckonings would be considered from 1Aug, 2015 as per DoPT guidelines which makes thousands of students of all categories born between 1st January and 31st July with one last Chance remaining in normal circumstances ineligible to appear in the CGL 2015 Exam.

The whole delay by SSC if not intervened timely by you will rob the genuine candidates of their on last chance to appear in CGL exam and secure a govt. job, without any fault of theirs and will only add to ever growing youth unemployment in our country.

Note- In case of CGL 2012 too, tier-1 of the exam was conducted in 2nd half of the year but date of age limit reckoning was considered from 1st January 2012 as per DoPT provision/instructions contained in DOP&T OM No. AB 14017/70/87-Estt (RR) dated 14.07.1988 which stated that-

# It may sometimes so happen that due to exigencies of circumstances, an examination, which is normally held during 1st half of the year is shifted to the second half. In such a case, the date for determining the age limits would still be the 1st jan.

So we, the Govt. Job aspirants request DoP&T to look into the matter & discuss it with SSC & to help thousands of students in getting one last chance to appear in the CGL Examination by keeping it as 1 jan 2015.

Thanks,

Yours Truly,
name n dob
Email for this
Jsest@nic.in

Comments

• Better send it to
    mos-pp@nic.in
    too
    Its the ministers id...
    TAX ASSISTANT IN CUSTOMS (CGLE 2014)
  • I personally interacted with Ex-SSC Chief and asked for advice over this draft letter. i m posting the screenshot of his advive. I think we need to soften the language a bit and plead a bit more. Can anyone help in revising this draft as per his advise.
    Screenshot_2015-05-02-17-46-54.png
    800 x 1280 - 290K
  • Is it an mistake as how can they make such an big change?
  • I personally interacted with Ex-SSC Chief and asked for advice over this draft letter. i m posting the screenshot of his advive. I think we need to soften the language a bit and plead a bit more. Can anyone help in revising this draft as per his advise.
    One of my friend who is seriously preparing for this exam is also going to become ineligible for most of the posts due to this cutoff date. I will tell him to send letter, I think it shall be propagated by all as it is about our fellow friends who may have devoted time and money for their last attempt .
  • Yes..but i think technically ssc is correct..
  • Please elaborate
    Buddy do u claim to know the technicalities more than a Retired IAS and ex- ssc chief who has served for around 40 years in 'n' no. of govt. departments. Its like teaching law to a supreme court judge.
    Buddy do u claim to know the technicalities more than a Retired IAS and ex- ssc chief who has served for around 40 years in 'n' no. of govt. departments. Its like teaching law to a supreme court judge.
    No bro..i was saying exam got shifted and acc to dopt guidelines, they have kept the date criteria considering the exam is in second half of the year..It's not just for candidates who fall within these 6 months...delays are not because of us anyway..they need to revise the date..I never meant to claim anything..you have assumed many things on your own here..
    No bro..i was saying exam got shifted and acc to dopt guidelines, they have kept the date criteria considering the exam is in second half of the year..It's not just for candidates who fall within these 6 months...delays are not because of us anyway..they need to revise the date..I never meant to claim anything..you have assumed many things on your own here..
    m sry.. i missunderstood u.
  • Subject: - Loss of last attempt of lakhs of applicants due to sudden change in Date of age Limit reckoning for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (S.S.C. C.G.L.) Examination-2015.
    Respected Madam/Sir,
    Every year S.S.C. published the notification for Combined Graduate Level Examination (C.G.L.) in First half of the year and conducted the Tier-I of exam in 1st half itself. The same schedule was supposed to be followed by S.S.C. for C.G.L.-2015 Exam with crucial date for age limit reckoning to be considered from 1-Jan, 2015 as per DoPT guidelines and the same was published in its Original Examination Calendar for the year 2015.

However due to various inefficiencies of S.S.C. like paper leak of C.G.L.-2013, other exam paper leak, subsequent cancellation and re-examination of these exams, various court cases against S.S.C. etc. the whole processing of C.G.L.-2015 examination got delayed with no fault of applicants at all.

Subsequently, In its revised examination calendar for 2015 S.S.C. pushed the exam of C.G.L.-2015 (Tier-1) in second half of the year 2015 which has rendered lakhs of students ineligible (Overage) because now the crucial date for age limit reckonings would be considered from 1 Aug, 2015 as per DoPT guidelines which makes lakhs of students of all categories born between 1st January and 31st July with one last Chance remaining in normal circumstances ineligible to appear in the CGL 2015 Exam.
    In case of CGL 2012 too, tier-1 of the exam was conducted in 2nd half of the year but date of age limit reckoning was considered from 1st January 2012 as per DoPT provision/instructions contained in DOPT OM No. AB 14017/70/87-Estt (RR) dated 14.07.1988 which stated that-

It may sometimes so happen that due to exigencies of circumstances, an examination, which is normally held during 1st half of the year is shifted to the second half. In such a case, the date for determining the age limits would still be the 1st January.

As the Government of India itself is committed toward stable and predictable norms in every segment of government function, this abrupt change is destroying career of lakhs which is not what Government of India is striving for. So, Please help us by making necessary correction as this sudden change in date of age determination does not give any advantage to the country but at the same time disable lakhs of poor students like me who were preparing hard for the exam as this was their last chance.

Kindly instruct Staff Selection Commission to make change in age determination date in S.S.C. C.G.L. 2015 notification from 1 August to 1 January,and save the career of lakhs of S.S.C. applicants who are losing their last chance of appearance in S.S.C. C.G.L. 2015 and of securing a better job.

Thank You

ye bheja hai,Jsest@nic.in par aur http://pgportal.gov.in/GrievanceNew.aspx is par bhi dopt me apna grievance daala hai,aap log bhi daal do
  • kisi ko ssc walo ki email id pata ho to post karo ,use bhi bheja jaaye
  • I have sent the above content to the DOPT, SSC, PMO authorities via email and will soon be sending a letter to the SSC HQ in Delhi for the same. We need to fast pace our efforts as time is running out.
  • There is some software problem in ssc form, even it rejecting for 24 yr people, and in some case it except t1 reject t2.
    Most probly thay update script and upload
  • I just turned 24 but mera hua but my friend who is 25 uska nai ho raha hai,ssc wale anadi hai.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • @all Brothers I have worked in a govt. organisation earlier and believe me emails may or may not be taken seriously as in most of the govt. organisations they don't give an inward no. to emails due to which the are not compelled to dispose it of. Where as if you send a hardcopy of the letter to them then they have to inward the letter in to the system, give it a specific inward no. and dispose it off in 15 days and mention the action taken in the system white writing off the inward no. Believe me it is really very important for us to send that letter to all the depts. concerned.
  • Guys, we need to speed up the process of sending the letter to the concerned authorities as soon as possible as time is running out. I'll be send my letter tomorrow itself.
  • what are the possibilities of revising the date back to 1 Jan 2015? I very dear friend of mine, preparing solely for ssc became over age. Seeing the current atmosphere, what are the possibilities?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • @above there r possibilities but subject to how many people send letters.. I have mailed from two email addresses to Secy_mop@nic.in,mos-pp@nic.in, jset@nic.in, put up a greviance on http://pgportal.gov.in/GrievanceNew.aspx, sent a hardcopy letter to joint secretary, dopt.. today i will be sending one letter to the chairman of ssc. Tell your freind to take some action from his side too. These small steps might really change things in our favour.
  • Yes..i will tell him..Hope they change the date back to 1st Jan. Keep your good work up. Meanwhile keep updating this thread when anything significant happens in this issue. Best of luck.
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • Join this group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/360405504167505/
    looks like the group maybe fraud...
    I got banned at the first sign of reasonable criticism...
    I know our forum members are a lot more reasonable and rational so
    just Think twice before you pay them any money...
  • Concerened beneficiaries please comply to para no. 4.
    Screenshot_2015-05-15-20-11-46.png
    800 x 1280 - 259K
    should we send a mail...???
    Any standard formats or just self drafted...???
    Mail them.. there are many drafts avalable on fb.. if u say i will post one here..

• Hey Guys,

Few days are left ..we need to send more mails and more letters to the DOPT, SSC and PMO.
    Also see this link: http://www.sscnaukari.in/2015/05/date-of-reckoning-of-age-for-cgl-2015.html#more
    Mail them.. there are many drafts avalable on fb.. if u say i will post one here..

Please post the draft here...
    They banned me from that facebook group for questioning their hurry in collection of money
    and the quantum of amount they (where trying to collect) collected...
  • Draft mail to DoPT:

Subject: Supporting the move of bringing back the date for reckoning of age from 01.08.2015 to 01.01.2015

Dear Sir,

Please refer to the recent notification published by DoPT , No. 24012/02/2015 -Estt.(B)(Part). In this connection I am attaching the Original Examination calendar for January to December 2015 issued by SSC on its website. As you can clearly see in this calendar in ‘Sl. No. 3’ that the notification was supposed to be issued on 14.03.2015 and examination to be conducted on 14.06.2015 and 21.06.2015 and as DoPT guidelines the date for reckoning of age was expected to be 01.01.2015. But due to some administrative exigencies SSC had to postpone the date of notification and consequently the date of examination, with no fault of the candidates born between January 01 and July 31.

The candidates should not lose a chance due to SSC's decision to postpone the publication of the Notice of the Examination.

This is a very welcome move by DOPT that it is considering to bring back the date for reckoning of age to 01.01.2015 as this will provide lakhs of students who have been working very hard to compete, a last chance to appear in the examination. Yours this decision will stop the gross injustice which might fall upon lakhs of hard working unemployed youth of the country.

Thank you for your consideration and kindness.

Regards,
    Name
    Date of birth

(please find the attachment)
    10373841_799772293451529_2180222323662608397_n.jpg
    739 x 960 - 89K
  • I think they already changed this..i filled the fotm today..no error came
    form was getting filled earlier also for all the posts.. they havnt changed it yet.. plz mail them at dire2@nic.in from as many email addresses as you can.
  • Draft mail to DoPT:

Subject: Supporting the move of bringing back the date for reckoning of age from 01.08.2015 to 01.01.2015

Done
    last week i was sending similar mail from 10+ ids to 3-4 official ids
    but now i sent only once from one id
    I m afraid too many mail might make it hard for them to finish the consideration process in time...
    ;)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog