43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Lets discuss Hindi Medium mains performance

edited April 2015 in Miscellaneous
Hey fellow aspirant,
how was the performance of hindi medium student in CSE-14. I could not get through :( . lets talk about the reasons.
·

Comments

• Hey fellow aspirants,
    how was the performance of hindi medium students in CSE-14 mains exam. I could not get through :( . lets talk about the reasons. My optional was sanskrit literature and my exam was superb and general studies paper was also not bad. i was expecting selection this time. the result was unexpected. there is one speculation that hindi medium did the disaster. but i am not sure as i dont have experience of others. please hindi medium students share your experience to clear the air.
    ·
  • @shruti it can't be analyzed before knowing the marks...by d way it seems hindi med. performance is almost similar to last year.
    ur sanskrit paper was superb ! thats quite surprise (to many) given the tough paper (espically paper 1)..
    where did u take coaching?
    will u plz guide ...how to perfom superb in that kind of paper?? :)
    कुछ किये बिना ही जय जय कार नहीं होती
    कोशिश करने वालों की हार नहीं होती
    ·
  • i have been a sanskrit student since starting. my sanskrit base is good. for upsc also i am preparing since last three years. So i didnt need coaching. but for preparation i read original text like siddhant kaumudi and ashtadhyayi. For sanskrit writing i joined sanskrit spoken course in samvadshala of sankrit bharati. i also read sambhashan sandesh magazine ffor sanskrit writing. Also i have some of my friends who are doing phd in sanskrit, they helped me a lot in learning sanskrit. i too have a deep interest in learning sanskrit. I have written mains in 2012 with sanskrit as second optional and I got 248/600, however the exam was average at that time. on that basis i can claim that this time my exam was superb.
    ·
  • Finally resigned frm the company....hoping to come back india in first week of may...most important part i m too going to give exam in hindi medium....most important thing is lack of ...hindi medium materials.... wch is not available in d market there is subsitute of FORNTLINE AND THE HINDU....just found civil service times is good but not best....even GS all question paper r now follow current affair ...directly or indirectly....so try to make group ...v can share question and answers i had seen delhi coaching wala material..thy r just kachra....there notes not up to d mark..if u guys looking for some delhi coaching wala materials u can download frm net i.e. xaam.in---- no need to mug off ..just analysis the material...u vl feel how much v r far behind frm english medium aspirants...i m looking for hindi medium group...correct me if i m wrong...
    ·
  • Hey fellow aspirant,
    how was the performance of hindi medium student in CSE-14. I could not get through :( . lets talk about the reasons.

Wait and watch ...untill result

·
  • i think better than last year (2012 around 450 qualified for p.i ,2013 no. was only 150 ,this year again around 500)

·
  • shruti, I was also expecting the same with good performance in GS but result was not positive.My optional was Pub Ad.

·
  • PRIYA IS IN
    WITH HER FIRST ATTEMPT..!!!
    चन्द्रगुप्त :
    किस्मत पहले ही लिखी जा चुकी है,
    तो कोशिश करने से क्या मिलेगा ?
    चाणक्य :
    क्या पता किस्मत में ही लिखा हो
    कि कोशिश से ही मिलेगा !!
    ·
  • i think better than last year (2012 around 450 qualified for p.i ,2013 no. was only 150 ,this year again around 500)

can you please let me know that what is the source of your information
    ·
  • PRIYA IS IN
    WITH HER FIRST ATTEMPT..!!!
    congratulations. can you tell me what was your optional subject. you are with hindi medium?
    ·

can you please let me know that what is the source of your information
    for 2012 you can refer to upsc report, in 2013 it is well known because there was a protest by hindi medium student in delhi (final selection only 28), and this year this is just an extrapolation of the data .(poll on forum and my peer groups).
    although i am not sure that it is around 500 this year but it is definitely better than last year.

·
  • edited April 2015
    120 interview students in nirman ias 's classes ; hindi medium coaching (my elder bro goes there ) ! no will definitely move as far living students barely take classes or those who are in services .
    these 120. 150 are in mngr only .seems hindi medium done well compare to last year . You could expect 100+in final list than merely 26 of last year.
    Cheers !! Keep doing hard work !
    correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
    ·
  • shruti, I was also expecting the same with good performance in GS but result was not positive.My optional was Pub Ad.

Bhai mesg me ....or send ur email id..my optional also pud af
    ·
  • मेरा भी नहीं हुआ लोक प्रशासन विषय से
    ·
  • भाइयों क्या कोई मनोविज्ञान विषय की कुछ अच्छी पुस्तके बता सकता है हिंदी में?
    ·
  • edited April 2015
    Bhai log hindi medium se jo qualify kiye hain usme general category wale kitne hain rough idea do koi
    ·
  • guys my optional is public administration and
    2015 will be my 1st attempt . right now after the
    mains result I am looking for a single positive
    result of pub ad from Hindi medium. I am getting
    hopeless and the worst thing is due to paucity of
    time and lack of self confidence I am not able to
    decide any alternative optional . what minimum I
    found is that history , Hindi sahitya and agriculture
    I can opt . now please tell me which will be the
    safest choice for me
    ps- I am a Hindi medium aspirant
    Assistant Commandant ITBP
    ·
  • all public admin aspirant from hindi medium may form a whatsapp group to discuss strategy and analyse reasons for failure.
    ·
  • i m from hindi medium. Have been preparing pub ad for a few months, but seeing the kind of treatment meted out to it , i have decided to change it. This year's paper 1 was again too tough. But i hv come to know that dis year pub ad has done v well. I m surprised n confused. I am thinking of going wid history. Time is v less nw and history sylb is v vast. Plz guide. Shud i continue wid pub ad?
    ·
  • i m from hindi medium. Have been preparing pub ad for a few months, but seeing the kind of treatment meted out to it , i have decided to change it. This year's paper 1 was again too tough. But i hv come to know that dis year pub ad has done v well. I m surprised n confused. I am thinking of going wid history. Time is v less nw and history sylb is v vast. Plz guide. Shud i continue wid pub ad?
    ditto same situation for me bro
    Assistant Commandant ITBP
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google