Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Which coaching institute is best for mock interviews?

Which mock interviews are best to join?
·

Comments

• Anyone?
    ·
  • Vajiram is the best place for mocks!
    ·
  • They keep senior bureaucrats in their panel and their feedback is also very enriching
    ·
  • More reviews are welcomed. So that an unbiased decision can be arrived at.
    ·
  • Vajiram and sankalp. Almost everyone joins them for mocks
    ·
  • Have heard some good reviews about Vision also but no personal experience. More reviews needed..
    ·
  • This year coaching wallas are charging very high fees...like test series.
    Vision - 10k & 20K
    Academy for administration and governance - 9k
    CL - 20K (I think they are having some tight connection with UPSC ) =))
    ·
  • Last year I joined Vision ias, I can say it is no good. They take the entire process jokingly. There is no preparation before the mock, directly the Mock. I paid Rs6000 for the entire course. The Psychologist was never available (I am not from Delhi so I could not stay there for as long as they wanted. I was there only for a week).

·
  • Vajiram, Samkalp both charge high fees for interview?
    ·
  • Vajiram not good,joined last year.. questions and reviews are very trivial and superficial. Sankalp is better than that
    ·
  • Do both award marks or only general review?
    ·
  • edited April 2015
    Is it Justified to pay 9000 for single mock and some lectures in this new Academy of administration and Governance?
    Indian Forest Service - Batch 2017
    ·
  • @PS1000

Any idea about Vision's informal mock session??
    ·
  • Can someone review Samkalp Academy also for Interview panels.
    ·
  • Review of Vision IAS Interview Program

1.I work in #does not matters#, went for a week to Delhi to attend the session.
    2. I was charged Rs 6,000
    3.I was only given a mock interview and an informal session with Mr. Amit
    4.Other things like Psycho analysis, Informal interview they were not able to arrange within time even when I had told them about the dates 15 days prior to my arrival
    5.They had given access to current affair of that time period which was good and comprehensive but not good from interview POV as it needs cross questioning and pragmatism not verbatim answers like in mains
    6.Mock interview was ok (I decided to take it in positive way), there was a lot of criticism, making fun etc. but if it helps then it does not matters.

Did it make any impact of my final day performance?

No. I have never taken coaching in my life. On the final day, I was completely myself. I did not score in 200's but I know the mistakes that I made. No body could have predicted or told me about those short comings which were only exposed in the battle field.

Will I join it again?
    No. I would rather goto every IAS/IPS/IRS that I know and let them interview me. I will not be paying Rs 9000 (new fees) and hotel charges for such little content.

My suggestion
    Instead of racing to a coaching institute prepare all that is in your DAF. After you are thoroughly prepared, so for Mock as only when you are prepared you can handle the mock. Don't think that they will spoon feed you on your DAF. Don't let fear mongers get to you. Everyone is different. Everyone's DAF is different. THere cannot be a "package" for each and every candidate. Just incase you are a complete newbie then I suggest go there to understand the essence of it.
    ·
  • Nice review. Thanks
    ·
  • @ps1000 may I know what mistakes u have done so that it can be helpful to us to correct
    SII
    ·
  • 1. The pic that I used while filling the pre form was from my college era. Spike hair, lose round neck tee shirt! That pic made me look like a punk. But, I could not change it as "similar" pics are supposed to be used. I did not want to be rejected for mains cuz of different pic.

2. My work is really complex for a generalist to understand. I could not phrase it in easier sentences, which took away the interview from my company to our company's foreign subsidiary. Although I put up a brave fight, but they thought otherwise.

3. I did not revise entire MBA syllabus.
    ·
  • Chanakya
    They are inviting for direct sessions without any prep session. I prefer (personally) some preparatory time before heading for any mock.

By the way how is their panel? Some self-proclaimed CS experts of real veterans of the filed are invited ?
    Be popular not famous.
    ·
  • pinterview mentioned about IBPS,HR interview ,whether it will be beneficial for the UPSC aspirant
    ·
  • Have you received an Interview Call ? Are you going to appear for a Job Interview ?
    Have you done your Interview preparation ? Don't take risk of million rupees Job offer.
    Prepare Interview with Industry Professionals Crack your Job Interview with Confidence

pinterview.in
    ·
  • Chanakya IAS Academy announces IAS Mock Interview session with an aim to instill right personality traits and confidence in candidates. The team of panel experts (retired civil servants, psycho-analyst, psychologists, retired judge and subject matter experts) intends to bring best in the candidates and hint at their major shortcomings that may pull them down in the actual interview process. Enroll now for Chanakya’s Mock Interview and ensure your success

Best Of Luck!!!!
    ·
  • So, the result of Civil Services Main is out! And you made it. Congratulations! Your hard work, talent and perseverance helped you secure a seat in the final list. Now you are just a step away to your goal. Take a wise step now and grab the opportunity before the deadline for IAS Mock Interview is over. Enroll Today!
    To Enroll - https://www.chanakyaiasacademy.com/ias-mock-interview
    ·
  • 1. CL
    2. Vajiram
    3. Samkalp
    4. Chanakya
    5. ALS
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog