Regarding filling of online application for CSP 2013

Comments

• I confirmed with UPSC if Blue ink sign is okay? they said its okay to have sign in blue ink but should be clear.
  • @Anurag_Sinha actually m asking that in online form if we have done graduation in commerce then there is no seperate column provided for it in form. So i think it will come in "Other" Am i right?
    yes. one will have to choose "others" as the stream of graduation.
    Man is sometimes extraordinarily, passionately, in love with suffering.
  • I have not filled form yet, what to do now shd i go ahead or wait for further not. from upsc??
  • I have not filled form yet, what to do now shd i go ahead or wait for further not. from upsc??
    I would suggest you to fill the form
    Yes go ahead fill the form. at most there will be minor changes , and there r hardly any form details relevant to pattern change . so fill it , as early as possible.
  • edited March 2013
    I have not filled form yet, what to do now shd i go ahead or wait for further not. from upsc??
    fill the form dude. and chill now no exam this year. :P dp along with upsc has gone nuts. :P
  • Hi ..i filled 1st part and got mail that part 1 is successfully completed.....then when i tried to fill 2nd part..i got the attached error..........then i installed the certificate which was given on the site.....but still getting the same error.......,,,any 1 having similar kind of error...pls suggest...or is ther any problem in part 2 ..right now..fr some time....or I plan to fill it from differnt system...first installing the certificate..and then part2 ...
    Certificate error.jpg
    768 x 395 - 71K
  • edited March 2013
    Hi ..i filled 1st part and got mail that part 1 is successfully completed.....then when i tried to fill 2nd part..i got the attached error..........then i installed the certificate which was given on the site.....but still getting the same error.......,,,any 1 having similar kind of error...pls suggest...or is ther any problem in part 2 ..right now..fr some time....or I plan to fill it from differnt system...first installing the certificate..and then part2 ...
    @mohansingh

Relax dude. just continue with filling the application part.
    The error is coming because the security certificate that the site provides has been issued for nic.in's some other site. But they r using it for this domain name upsconline.nic.in , , all the browsers are showing errors ,

This is happening because all the browsers check for Security certificate from one of the many issuers of such certificate. since they r viewing certificate for some other site used by upsconline , thats why they are generating error.

You should have noted that part 1 is filled on HTTP , while for part 2 they shift to HTTPS , it means they r shifting to secured, encrypted layer and every encrypted site has a cerficate of authenticity issued by some authority or company.

Just relax its a authentic site. continue with it. and fill the form . make payment. its safe.
  • edited March 2013
    Hi ..i filled 1st part and got mail that part 1 is successfully completed.....then when i tried to fill 2nd part..i got the attached error..........then i installed the certificate which was given on the site.....but still getting the same error.......,,,any 1 having similar kind of error...pls suggest...or is ther any problem in part 2 ..right now..fr some time....or I plan to fill it from differnt system...first installing the certificate..and then part2 ...
    Use other browser. I also had used internet explorer first, but got the same error. Switching to Mozila helped in validation of security certificate.

• Use other browser. I also had used internet explorer first, but got the same error. Switching to Mozila helped in validation of security certificate.
    I had used Mozilla yet I got the error message.

One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.
  • I Used all IE, Firefox(mozilla) , google chrome, opera . to verify if any of them worked without error.

all of them produced the same error.
    all n all same thing . trust the site. the govt . the people at NIC.
  • @ sanki...it means..all would have got error while filling form...then they would have continue to this website (for IE error)...or proceed anyway(google chrome error)...........did u complete ur form this way
    ?
    @ khazoor...Did u submit ur form...or still getting error ?
    @ others..
    Need input from those who have completed the form after getting such error......and still proceeded with part -2.........or else.....other way..
  • @mohansingh

Dude i checked there security certificate and read information about it , then rechecked it.

It was coming same for all the browsers. So i continued filling in the form , trusting the UPSC and NIC . Yes i filled the form continuing the link .

Error is not a page or script error. Error is because Security certificate is being used at Wrong domain name.

Relax and fill the form . i used all the browsers to check .

yes , continue to this website (IE) , proceed anyway (chrome) , add to exception and continue (firefox) , Approve (opera) , they r the same things. They are asking you to enter the Encrypted site at your own risk. since these browsers are unable to verify the certificate that the site is providing to us .

just relax everyone is getting the error.
  • I had Hindi in Ist & 2nd Year of graduation but dropped it in 3rd year. I'm I eligible to keep Hindi Literature as my optional in present changed mains pattern?
  • I had Hindi in Ist & 2nd Year of graduation but dropped it in 3rd year. I'm I eligible to keep Hindi Literature as my optional in present changed mains pattern?
    The notification says:
    However, a candidate can opt for the literatures of a language, indicated in Group-2 below para 2, as an optional subject, only if the candidate has graduated in the literature of that particular language as the main subject
    So you need a degree in Hindi literature to be eligible.
    Blog: DailyGyan | AIR 380s in CSE 2013 | Thank you ForumIAS!
  • This is wrt my signature. When I crop it it gets hazy. How can I avoid that. Or should I just upload it in its present form. It's 17 kb. I took its pic in vga, anything in 5 or 8 mp just refuses to crop to the right size :( should I simply scan it?
  • This is wrt my signature. When I crop it it gets hazy. How can I avoid that. Or should I just upload it in its present form. It's 17 kb. I took its pic in vga, anything in 5 or 8 mp just refuses to crop to the right size :( should I simply scan it?
    Bro the quality of vga camera is not equivalent to scanned image , the difference is in DPI depth. so it would be far better if you go and scan your signature, make it with black ink. and you will be able to obtain smaller sized image with decently visible quality.

camera clicked image , has no comparisson to scanned image. So get it scanned. don't give upsc any reason to reject your app.
  • edited March 2013
    @sanki thanks! I spent an hour trying to get the right image. As you must have understood by now, I'm technologically challenged. :D
    I'll just move my lazy self to a cyber cafe. Lazy 'girl' self!
  • I have already recieved the acknowledgement regarding my upsc form submission but the printout of the signatures is not clear enough even with a good quality printer, although they appear to be legitimate on the screen. I had uploaded my signatures too in 110 widthX 140 height pixels. Shall I fill up the form again??
  • I have already recieved the acknowledgement regarding my upsc form submission but the printout of the signatures is not clear enough even with a good quality printer, although they appear to be legitimate on the screen. I had uploaded my signatures too in 110 widthX 140 height pixels. Shall I fill up the form again??
    even though i filled the form again the same thing (as you mentioned) is happening. if the printout is little hazy then leave it all that matters is that you should up;oad the decent sign in black ink. leave the rest to them.
  • Bachelor in Engineering mein sare engineering cover ho jate hai kya...com science ya others mein dalna hoga
  • while filling the part II of the application i got a warning saying that, it is not safe to continue,but still i went ahead n filled the application. Now i am starting to worry. i have submitted only one form, how to confirm that my application has been received by UPSC. somebody please guide
  • while filling the part II of the application i got a warning saying that, it is not safe to continue,but still i went ahead n filled the application. Now i am starting to worry. i have submitted only one form, how to confirm that my application has been received by UPSC. somebody please guide
    Go to first page > install security certificate > retry
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • part 2 not working
  • @anika

part 2 must be giving error security error more like. relax just continue with filling the application.

If you are using IE then just click on continue , for chrome proceed anyway. for firefox just add the site to exception . that will allow you to fill the form.

fill it make payment . trust upsc and nic .
  • Bachelor in Engineering mein sare engineering cover ho jate hai kya...com science ya others mein dalna hoga
    yup dude, if you have BE or B tech in any stream , count yourself in engineering.
  • can sumbudy tell wat can be tym gap btwn filling part 1 and part 2 of form
    “It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain

One mouse to another (both looking at a mousetrap)
    "You see a mousetrap?? .. I see free cheese and a fucking challenge!!"
  • Help me out!!!
    I m doing job in gujrat , earlier was having plan to come to delhi. So filled the centre delhi, now I have to change the centre to Ahmedabad. What will I have to do? Whether fill new form or write application to upsc?
  • Help me out!!!
    I m doing job in gujrat , earlier was having plan to come to delhi. So filled the centre delhi, now I have to change the centre to Ahmedabad. What will I have to do? Whether fill new form or write application to upsc?
    Fill new form, UPSC wont entertain such kind of applications

• edited March 2013
    Cant pay the fees yet using debit card

The service is temporarily down for maintenance. Please try after some time. Inconveniences regretted.

Its ok to fail once but Dont Quit..else how will u taste the sweetness of the success that awaits you if you Quit !
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog