Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Modern Indian History                                         (2) Environment & Ecology
(3) Polity, Current Affairs & Govt. Schemes            (4)Budget & Economic survey
(5) Geography with MCQ's                                        (6) Important Current Affairs
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

UPSC CMS 2015 doubts n mcqs

Hi guys , let's discuss gather all who are going for CMS this year and help each other solved their doubts.
First attempt in 2014 - couldn't clear prelims, second to be in 2018
Optional - medical sciences

Comments

• In my view answer should be hoarseness. Any views?
    20150321_101140.jpg
    3264 x 1836 - 2M
  • I have listed an image of a book page. Please in view in desktop format not in mobile format to make it visible.
  • Type out the questions. Can't read on mobile.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Q1. A primipara with a cardiac lesion has come on the 40th day of delievery asking for c contraception?  What's the best choice for her.
    Q2. A 28 yr old third gravida with two children and compensated heart disease undergoes medical termination of pregnancy at 8 weeks of gestation. The best choice for her in contraception is:
    Options for q same.

A. Condom with spermicidal jelly.
    B. IUCD
    C. OCPs pills
    D. Laproscopic sterilisation.
  • B for 1and D for 2 in my view
    Change is The Only Constant
  • Barrier method for question no 1 will also be good
  • 1.A
    2.D
    IRS-IT [2016]
  • 1. 'lesion' is too vague. Have to assume some serious pathology. Safe to go with 'A.'

2. I'd say 'B.' Heart disease can decompensate though not sure about whether it is an absolute contraindication. May be 'D.'
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • @all
    Kindly guide me how to prepare for CMS. haven't prepared for any mcq based pg exams till now
  • @shinchan_pande @MisfitMedico @Etat
    for first question the book days ans is A that is barrier methods.
    My issue is why not IUCD ? Any specifics. We can take heart disease as valvular, CHF, old MI etc
    what's the problem with iucd

Second question ans is D lap tubal sterlisation. Here i can accept the answer n is explanation that because family is already complete and also in first week of puerperium with compensated heart we can do sterlisation. Here also it mentions heart disease as CI for IUCD .why .please explain.
  • Q-1. Whenever there are options which include barrier methods and there is no discomfort with it [like latex allergy etc.], it's always better as it also provides STD protection and almost harmless. though failure rate is a concern. Source : My friend who is a gynecologist. He also mentioned about IUCD, but forgot the specific points.
    IRS-IT [2016]
  • Q-1. Whenever there are options which include barrier methods and there is no discomfort with it [like latex allergy etc.], it's always better as it also provides STD protection and almost harmless. though failure rate is a concern. Source : My friend who is a gynecologist. He also mentioned about IUCD, but forgot the specific points.
    I researched on net and found out that there are chances of systemic infection with IUCDs and that infection may cause heart to Decompansate and valvular vegatation if valvular heart disease.
  • can anyone post gs qstns of cms exam 2015
  • Any idea about the result friends ??
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog