Invitation : Attend OPEN Classes on Current Affairs for Mains 2017 on 16th & 17th at 11AM

Walk in to the Test Center at 11AM Today or Register for the 2 Days Open Classes, or enroll for the ONLINE / OFFLINE Current Affairs for Mains 2017 by visiting the below link http://blog.forumias.com/currentaffairs2017. A registration fee of Rs. 50/day is charged for the two day event to have a correct estimate of the number of people attending.

[Mains 2015] Review needed for Test Series-Praveen Kishore (NICE IAS)vs Bibhash Sharma vs Lukman IAS

Hi,

I am thinking of joining a test series for Sociology for CSE 2015. Please share your review for Praveen Kishore, Bibhas Sharma, and Lukmaan IAS in terms of :

1. Standard of Questions
2. Quality of Discussions
3. Evaluation

Thanks a lot!
·

Comments

• Please let me know your opinion.
    ·
  • @Locus_Standi .I would say go for praveen kishore. I have taken his test series, his questions are a little tough but his discussions are awesome, they will help you understand sociology better. Bibash is not good and no idea of Lukmaan

Also there is a sociology answer writing forum group, you can join that.
    ·
  • Hi, can any1 shed some light on lukmaan.... Have planned to join it. But seems it is not so popular
    ·
  • This is the guy who takes the classes . here
    ·
  • @Locus_Standi I had joined Praveen Kishore Test Series last year, after Preliminary. His discussions are very thorough. Especially for certain important topics like Thinkers in Paper 1 and Caste System in Paper 2, his question answer discussion sessions felt like classroom lectures as instead of just providing a 'model' answer for the question, he explains the concept(s) in the question in great detail. But because of this, he was not able to finish the entire syllabus (left certain general topics in Paper 2, but otherwise finished all important topics with a few extra classes).

Most of the questions asked in his test series follow the UPSC pattern but certain questions as @CM123 mentioned are difficult, as they seem vague (mostly taken from non-standard reference books). His evaluation is strict but he is always available to discuss the corrections any time in case you disagree with his marking.

Hope this helps.

Also there is a Sociology Answer Writing group which has been started recently at the link given below. You can join this initiative to answer Sociology questions for UPSC mains and discuss them with fellow aspirants.

http://sociologyanswers.blogspot.in/
    ·
  • @CM123 , don't pass misinformation about the person whom you don't know. Bibhash Sir is a good teacher and his sociology test series is also good. I don't negate Praveen Kishore because I don't know him, but I have attended bibhash sharma sir's class as well as his test series.

A better way could be that please supply us some of his sociology questions and answers. I wish to do the same. In this way this thread could be place of discussion on topic rather than person.
    ·
  • @CM123 , don't pass misinformation about the person whom you don't know. Bibhash Sir is a good teacher and his sociology test series is also good. I don't negate Praveen Kishore because I don't know him, but I have attended bibhash sharma sir's class as well as his test series.

A better way could be that please supply us some of his sociology questions and answers. I wish to do the same. In this way this thread could be place of discussion on topic rather than person.
    I attented his orientation class and I did not liked it. That's my personal opinion no misinformation. But being a third person why are you feeling so offended I could not understand. Anyways I still say the same I personally didnot liked his style of teaching thats it.
    ·
  • @CM123, bro I respect your personal view. Can you please supply me some study material or test paper of Parveen Kishore, If you wish I'll also do the same. Finally we have to prepare, they are just facilitators. Contact me via PM
    ·
  • Thanks a lot for all the inputs.

Any idea about Vikas Ranjan who teaches at Chronicle. [ He call it SociologyForIAS ]. Please let me know. How is its test series ?

·
  • @CM123, bro I respect your personal view. Can you please supply me some study material or test paper of Parveen Kishore, If you wish I'll also do the same. Finally we have to prepare, they are just facilitators. Contact me via PM
    I joined test series so I have his test papers, I can click pics bad mail you if u need them.
    ·
  • Please share the test paper pics.
    ·
  • @CM123
    bhai can u share 1 or 2 pic of test papers here....it would be of great help for all of us
    TIA
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • If anyone has joined Bibhash Sharma test series, do they provide solution also?
    All generalizations are false including this one
    Fascinating Universe - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-J3Rig6mrJhGECH-yVMwSg
    ·
  • Has anyone joined the online test series of Praveen kishore??

I understand that his discussions are awesome but I can't go to Delhi.. So would it be fine if I join his online test series and contact him over the phone for question specific discussion....

Also, i came to know that he doesn't give model answers....So does it mean that for online test students, it would just be give test, discuss if you have doubt and that's it..

Someone please clarify..Really in a tight situation right now
    Only worthwhile lesson from toppers -> Mains में इतने अंक लाओ कि साक्षात्कार redundant हो जाए
    ·
  • I had joined his test series last year and found his test series and feedback not that useful. Personally I wont recommend it.
    ·
  • @Satat_Prayash

You are referring to Nice IAS?
    All generalizations are false including this one
    Fascinating Universe - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-J3Rig6mrJhGECH-yVMwSg
    ·
  • @abhinitb

Yes, was referring to NICE IAS.
    ·
  • @Satat_Prayash .. Can you please elaborate about NICE IAS. I want to join them for sociology test series. I went there today. Found him to be very informal. May be that is his USP.
    But he has got very good review on forumIAS. Many including Neyawn has given positive feedback about him.
    ·
  • any ideas about ...praveen kumar pandey for sociology test series..?
    ·
  • @ae65 . don't join him. He is not that good. Join Nice or Vikash Ranjan.
    ·
  • I joined Praveen Kumar Pandey last year. He is okayish.
    Corrects papers on time, his knowledge regarding subject is vast and very humble person. You can approach him any time you want.

Negative if I had to mention that would be, he repeats questions. From one test to the next.

His discussions are good though.
    ·
  • Haha... More knowledge than you mr @AndreBeteille? :P
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    Can we join nice ias now..since it's static only mist of the times..is there any batch running or getting to start in sometime? Anyone ?
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    How is Vikash Ranjan's test series? Is it worth joining over Vision or Nice IAS?
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    Is it possible to join 15 Feb batch of Praveen Kishore Sir now? Any idea when Upendra Sir is starting his batch?
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog