43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

[MOOC] Massive Open Online Courses cogent to the CSE Syllabus

edited October 2015 in Tools & Technology
This is a free Coursera course (MOOC). Who wants to take this with me? If we have some people on board, we can start group discussion on this.

Starts today. No professional background is required; all are welcome. The course will be taught in English. Read the link for details.

Six week online video course titled 'Economic Growth and Distributive Justice' by Tel Aviv University:

https://www.coursera.org/course/ecojustice
Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
·

Comments

• I'm in, Doc !
    Who is helping you, don't forget them. Who is loving you, don't hate them. Who is trusting you, don't cheat them.

Signing Off, Houston.
    ·
  • מיר אויך
    I want to put a ding in the universe.
    AIR 146
    ·
  • edited March 2015
    מיר אויך
    Yikes! Is that a 'yes' or 'I'm sending hit-men to find you and murder you by tonight?' :-SS

גרויס :)
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    ·
  • @Etat , Sorry bro. I've few fieldwork commitments starting march 23. I'll be on move and internet connection with good speed will a problem. I wish i could have joined. If you join, do share a few thoughts in this thread.

Preliminary=4 ; Main=3; PT= 2 ; Recommended=1 cse2015 The End
    ·
  • ^^ No issues dude. :)
    ·
  • מיר אויך
    Yikes! Is that a 'yes' or 'I'm sending hit-men to find you and murder you by tonight?'
    :-SS

גרויס :)</blockquote

Haha. Me too!!! :D

AIR 146
    ·
  • מיר אויך
    Yikes! Is that a 'yes' or 'I'm sending hit-men to find you and murder you by tonight?'

Both of you are taking the lectures in Yiddish? @-)
    One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.
    ·
  • מיר אויך

Both of you are taking the lectures in Yiddish? @-)
    Yeah! Google translate version. :))
    ·
  • I just signed up too.! Will go over the lectures tomorrow.

@Ziel - LoL. Yiddish makes ms go like this @-) So yeah, google translate edition as etat said.
    AIR 146
    ·
  • I had enrolled earlier today. Happy to have company :)
    1st attempt - 2014: written Mains. Could not clear.
    Optional: Pol Sc
    ·
  • edited March 2015
    Hope this time I'll be able to complete the course due to company here. Pahle 7-8 course drop out kar chuka college time se :))
    Who is helping you, don't forget them. Who is loving you, don't hate them. Who is trusting you, don't cheat them.

Signing Off, Houston.
    ·
  • I had enrolled in 'The Emergence of the Modern Middle East - Part I' by the same university some time back. Starts today. But I don't think I can manage both. Just checked the one mentioned by @Etat, it looks good. I hope to ride along.

Prelims: 2; Mains: 0
    ·
  • edited March 2015
    Tell me the procedure ..I m in ...btw how was your medical scienec paper @etat
    BAN ALL INSIDERS
    ·
  • edited March 2015
    The problem with coursera is that they are increasingly offering courses which give only Verified Certificate for which they charge money and don't offer any free statement of accomplishment for successfully completing a course. It radically decreases the motivation to complete a course.
    :-(
    ·
  • edited March 2015
    ^^ It used to be different earlier. But, this free availability of such courses is a good thing, so we better make use of it while it lasts. I agree that motivation is important, I dropped out of many courses for many reasons but I think the main reason is lack of motivation. Hope this thread helps us there. :)
    Prelims: 2; Mains: 0
    ·
  • ^^Basic motivation here to learn something relevant to CSE. These certificates don't really matter much in the real world, do they?
    Tell me the procedure ..I m in ...btw how was your medical scienec paper @etat
    Not my best. Hope it doesn't turn out to kill me. Missed many basic points. :(
    ·
  • Those who want to pursue verified Certificate mode, here is the trick, so far worked for me, Enroll the verified course and you get a chance to pay in 4 weeks(depend upon the duration of the course), score well, i mean scored +97% in all, and on the last date of the payment due, raise a request that you don't have a credit card so you can't pay, they will ask you to apply for financial assistant of Coursera, That's it, fill the form and you are done.

So far worked for me and some friends, finished 9 courses this year, All verified, paid nothing.

Best of Luck.,
    ·
  • i m in.....great initiative
    ·
  • I had enrolled in 'The Emergence of the Modern Middle East - Part I' by the same university some time back. Starts today. But I don't think I can manage both. Just checked the one mentioned by @Etat, it looks good. I hope to ride along.

i too enrolled for the same!

:D
    2015 First Attempt
    Optional - History
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google