Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Handwriting Speed & Legibility Improvement Classe at ForumIAS
Dear Friends, We are arranging for a handwriting speed and legibility improvement course on August 27, Sunday at 3PM, by Mohan Ray from Healthy Handwriting. | . If you facing the problem of slow handwriting, you can take this course, which has been brought on the request of several students who were facing similar problems.

How to read Vajiram Current Affairs magazine

edited April 2016 in Current Affairs
As the title says, I am currently lost as to what should be read from thus magazine. It has so much data that I am more confused as every topic seems important.
Can anybody please guide me on this one.
·

Comments

• Read everything but dont read it in detalis.
    Follow the foll.rules

forget about:
    Numbers and facts
    New star/black hole/nova found stuffs

Remember:
    Why's ,how's ,what's and when's,backgrounds,history of issue,policies,schemes,env species,corals

As far as I know, such material is compiled by content developers who might not be qualified for the job. They use simple copy+paste techniques for making this content.So dont use it as material of last resort.follow the newspapers more than you follow these magazines.

If u read the newspapers , you will find that most of the stuff is copied from them only.Sometimes I could find editorials of the Hindu written in bullet forms In that magazine.

If you read both of them thoroughly , u canmake notes out of the magazine which can be not more than a single A4 page. I did it last year.

Best of luck!
    In times of universal deceit,telling the truth is a revolutionary act!
    ·
  • a combined effort of both mind and eyes should work.... :-)) =))
    ·
  • As the title says, I am currently lost as to what should be read from thus magazine. It has so much data that I am more confused as every topic seems important.
    Can anybody please guide me on this one.
    If you have it, read it in a linear fashion. If you are not having the gusto to complete and digest it, I think you should rather relax and do 1 thing. Download Insights Current Events. Also go to Hindu's website and from past November on wards just download important editorials in your drive. From that, either make notes or highlight important key words/phrases in it. For that you would need a good Pdf reader like Foxit. Read it and keep reading it as well as read the Hindu daily from now on making notes online if you dont do it offline. Also those highlighted editorials+the documents provided by Insights+Undercover Group's documents on secure as well as the other areas= enough as per my estimation to appear confidently. Plus they would seem less taxing as you would have taken the effort. Dont forget to highlight as during last moment, we can go down the whole hog and rather those highlighted stuff help us well.
    ·
  • I was primarily confused about how to prepare current affairs(CA). I have been religiously preparing notes from Hindu and Express(mostly for editorials). Since many say that reading magazine is compulsory, hence started out with Vaji and might not refer it further.
    Can anyone guide me on how to use Insights Current Events? I don't think we need to prepare all the articles under the Daily events. Please correct me if wrong.
    Thanks again.
    ·
  • I was primarily confused about how to prepare current affairs(CA). I have been religiously preparing notes from Hindu and Express(mostly for editorials). Since many say that reading magazine is compulsory, hence started out with Vaji and might not refer it further.
    Can anyone guide me on how to use Insights Current Events? I don't think we need to prepare all the articles under the Daily events. Please correct me if wrong.
    Thanks again.
    Highlight important texts I mean keywords in that Insights Current Events. Also keep revising Inisghts Currents and your notes. Along with that if you feel you can also add Undercover Group's Secure and snt+Enviro weekly notes which they have laboriously prepared. I know its tough handling that material collective greed. But hold your horse and you will be assailable. Also keep a tab on mrunal articles. Just hit print and revise them whenever he publishes one. This way you wont have anything pending.Weekly revisions can also make a big difference.
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    kitne volumes aa chuke hai vajiram currents ke ?/
    Chale the ek sath hi, manzil ki talash mein....
    Mera safar zara lamba tha,ye tune der mein jana ...
    ·
  • edited March 2015
    from my experience I can tell you that only 30% of that current affairs books is useful and that too for prelims point of view .... for mains, vaji current affairs booklet is 10% efficient ....

they might make you feel that 100% of book is useful in their test series but that is not true for actual exam
    your newspaper paper notes are enough .... nothing can supplement that ....
    The long night is coming and the dead come with it.
    ·
  • "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • from my experience I can tell you that only 30% of that current affairs books is useful and that too for prelims point of view .... for mains, vaji current affairs booklet is 10% efficient ....

they might make you feel that 100% of book is useful in their test series but that is not true for actual exam
    your newspaper paper notes are enough .... nothing can supplement that ....
    A genuine reply. You should completely adhere by it.
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    kitne volumes aa chuke hai vajiram currents ke ?/
    7 to be precise. Thinking of returning them.
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    Anybody would like to share Vajiram current affair notes.
    ·
  • pls share enotes of these notes
    ·
  • Can we get insights current compilation somewhere...
    आ नो भद्राः क्रतवो यन्तु विश्वतः
    ·
  • Now I am starting study of civil service plz tell me where and how to start it....
    ·
  • They are not worth reading ...focus on visionias current notes ...
    ·
  • Dont read them. There are many better sources available.
    All good things are wild and free
    ·
  • Bhai vision to bohot acha hai yaar! Wo kyun nahi padhte?! No non-sense!
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    Vision and vajiram current affairs almost same..u can check vajiram ca on their website..its freely available..and comparr it with vision..
    ·
  • Now Vajiram has improved the Current Affair magazine by multifold, as it has omitted all the redundant columns like Obituary, sports etc, which are irrelevant for UPSC. Other than that , it has added a Cover Story column in the beginning of the book, which covers the burning topic of the month, and above it Vajiram has started providing with the objective type questions in the fag-end of the magazine.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog