NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Does wifi cause health hazard ?

edited July 2016 in Tools & Technology
bought tp link wifi, using it for 5 days , i felt the difference.........it caused head ache to me (distance between me and wifi router < 1 meter).........in my room there is another aspirant also whom too needs net access, thats why we bought a wifi router. Somehow i disabled wifi but just using ethernet through it.......would wifi router still emits radiation even if just using ethernet function but disabled wifi ? would wifi router really causes health hazards or is it just rumour ?
·

Comments

• Afaik wifi does emit ionizing radiation so not harmful to your health.
    2014-1st attempt,mains--pol science
    ·
  • Its a myth that it causes cancer and all. Infact even mobile phones are carcinogenic by that logic since it is also a radiation emitter.The World Health Organization has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation as a possible group 2b carcinogen.[12][13] This group contains possible carcinogens with weaker evidence, at the same level as coffee and automobile exhaust!
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
    ·
  • Sorry for being a grammar nazi..please change your thread topic to "Does wifi cause health hazards"
    Ellame inimae nallathan nadakkum
    Pattasum summave koluthama vedikkum
    AIR News Analysis and other useful stuff overed here:
    theelectricdreamz.blogspot.in
    ·
  • bought tp link wifi, using it for 5 days , i felt the difference.........it caused head ache to me (distance between me and wifi router < 1 meter).........in my room there is another aspirant also whom too needs net access, thats why we bought a wifi router. Somehow i disabled wifi but just using ethernet through it.......would wifi router still emits radiation even if just using ethernet function but disabled wifi ? would wifi router really causes health hazards or is it just rumour ?
    Bhai even if u connect an ethernet cord it doesn't mean wifi stops radiating!Also wifi routers are safe by design read more on this herehttp://www.quora.com/What-are-the-health-effects-if-any-of-sleeping-next-to-a-WiFi-router
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
    ·
  • uppar jo bhi reason aur link diye gaye hain wo apni jageh theek hain.....but i too feel headache while using wifi and everytime i turn off wifi situation back to normal to kucch panga hai wifi mein :D baaki sabke apne apne experience ;))
    मंत्री धूर्त प्रसाद
    ·
  • Intensity of the Signal is an Important factor and wifi routers operate at very low voltages..

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2012/sep/27/wi-fi-health-risks
    CSE Mains (Geography)-3rd attempt
    IFOS mains- 2nd attempt
    ·
  • Sorry for being a grammar nazi..please change your thread topic to "Does wifi cause health hazards"
    ohhh , how very helpful of you!!
    ·
  • Am I the only who read it first as 'Does 'wife' cause helath hazards? ' :).
    As already pointed out, you shouldn't lose sleep over it .
    ·
  • @xcs you can criticize me, you can hurl cuss words at me, you can curse me to hell, but this is something that I simply cant stand. But I don't go about ridiculing people about it. I was just pointing out a mistake in the most polite manner and more importantly I believe that being civil service aspirants these things should be taken care of or at the least rectified at appropriate junctures.
    Ellame inimae nallathan nadakkum
    Pattasum summave koluthama vedikkum
    AIR News Analysis and other useful stuff overed here:
    theelectricdreamz.blogspot.in
    ·
  • Wifi can negatively affect overall health and brain health, especially in children. And health is not something we can buy. So be carefull. Rebuild Hair Program by Jared Gates
    ·
  • bhai wifi does effect : also bluetooth and mobile so (scienctific study will come later)

--avoid wifi for internet prefer ethernet (buy that 1000 modem ) if you are on for mobile then connect mobile dongle to modem to outdoor (also better signal ) and bring in wire inside

--avoid bluetooth mouse use normal ones

-- also 2G signal generate most radiation so avoid them for speed ; for mobile device directly use there SIM internet preferebly with 4G/3G with best signal operator

baaki apki marzi !
    कृपया यहां ज्ञान न बांटे यहां सभी ज्ञानी है
    ·
  • First put something btwn you and router so that you dont see it and then dont visit this thread for next couple of days, and do tell me about your headache after 3-4 days.
    ·
  • edited July 2016

bhai wifi does effect : also bluetooth and mobile so (scienctific study will come later)

--avoid wifi for internet prefer ethernet (buy that 1000 modem ) if you are on for mobile then connect mobile dongle to modem to outdoor (also better signal ) and bring in wire inside

-- also 2G signal generate most radiation so avoid them for speed ; for mobile device directly use there SIM internet preferebly with 4G/3G with best signal operator

baaki apki marzi !

lolwa :D :D :D
    Good Bye. See you Later.
    ·
  • pizza said:

bhai wifi does effect : also bluetooth and mobile so (scienctific study will come later)

baaki apki marzi !

lolwa :D :D :D
    connect mobile dongle to modem to outdoor (also better signal ) and bring in wire inside
    > the more away u r from the receiver antenna the less radiation exposure u get

2G signal generate most radiation
    > 2G/EDGE/GPRS are GSM singal generating brust radiation causing the most damage to brain (there is study about this if u google ) 3G/4G are WCDMA with continuos signal so less radaition if signal are full

>i used to be a engineer
    कृपया यहां ज्ञान न बांटे यहां सभी ज्ञानी है
    ·
  • Absolutely not. WiFi signals operate at radio wave frequency. Which is the lowest frequency for an electromagnetic radiation.

http://www2.lbl.gov/images/MicroWorlds/EMSpec.gif

Even visible light has more frequency compared to WiFi signal. More frequency means more energy, so technically you would be harmed more by visible light than WiFi signal. In fact there is radiation all around us due to the sun. We can only see visible light so we don't fuss about other radiation. Only radiation that has frequency similar to UV light and above can damage. Everything else is non-ionizing( cannot affect cells). Dangerous waves are alpha,beta,gamma radiation, UV radiation, X-ray radiation etc. Everything else such as WiFi, Mobile tower signals, mobile phone signals have lesser frequency and cannot harm you even if you try.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google