MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Assamese Literature Optional

Hello there people. I want to get in touch with anyone having half a mind to opt for this optional or anyone who has knowledge about Assamese Literature. Kindly inbox me. Thank you.
Once of Bits P, now just an "anti-national" at JNU.

Comments

• Yes,I am thinking of giving upsc 15 with assamese lit optional.but have not started yet ;) .@DonQuixote,have u started and will upsc 15 be your 1st attempt?
  • I wrote with Assamese Lit in 2012 and again this year.
  • Aah, seems like I have reached the right people. :)

I am writing my pre for the first time this year, been away from Axom for like 6-7 years now so kind of lost the touch with the language I learnt in school as a second language. I had Assamese MIL as a subject till class 10 and it was so full of literature and all that I loved it.
    Following that I moved away and am currently working in Hyderabad and have been studying for UPSC on my own for over a year now.

Can you tell me how to start the preparation? Also a tip or two about the compulsory mains Assamese paper? My Hindi isn't too fancy.
  • @SatoshiNakamoto Please share your strategy like study material, books etc.
  • I wrote with Assamese Lit in 2012 with the old format... Could get 293/600. It's not very difficult and syllabus is limited. Most of us (people from Assamese medium) has mostly read the syllabus already as popular Assamese novels etc. are in the syllabus. So, one can write it with one month preparation. There are only around 150 questions that may be asked.

My strategy is that I don't give much time for it. I took help of a student to write me notes. Took one week class from a friend doing PhD in Assamese Literature just before exam. So, this year I put only two weeks. I think I wrote well.
  • Catch hold of some student doing MA in Assamese and get notes made for the questions. The students have little job prospects so they will write 150 questions for less than Rs. 10000. As the syllabus is same they can do it best.

I have some old questions which I can share.
  • Thank you dada. Pise, I haven't gone through the course as of now. Do you have any pdfs or e-docs regarding the course material?

• Go to the page UPSC Assam on fb...u will find notes by Satyakam Dutta
  • I wrote with Assamese Lit in 2012 with the old format... Could get 293/600. It's not very difficult and syllabus is limited. Most of us (people from Assamese medium) has mostly read the syllabus already as popular Assamese novels etc. are in the syllabus. So, one can write it with one month preparation. There are only around 150 questions that may be asked.

My strategy is that I don't give much time for it. I took help of a student to write me notes. Took one week class from a friend doing PhD in Assamese Literature just before exam. So, this year I put only two weeks. I think I wrote well.
    Where was ur exam centre ?
    293 is mind blowing. Are u in d services ?
  • Catch hold of some student doing MA in Assamese and get notes made for the questions. The students have little job prospects so they will write 150 questions for less than Rs. 10000. As the syllabus is same they can do it best.

I have some old questions which I can share.
    Brother please share list of 150 questions if possible.
  • @ SatoshiNakamoto .. Hey Buddy, So whats the reason that the attempt was not cracked with such a good score?
    Was it the GS papers or the Essay one.. I am thinking to go for Assamese as optional too.. So please help me out.
  • anyone who has experience of Assamese optional, kindly advise how to prepare the paper 1.
  • Friends can you suggest some good Assamese language coaching institute's in Delhi please ? It will be so nice of you
  • Anyone from Assam here who is currently studying in Delhi for UPSC-CSE? I am going to Delhi on April this year.
  • i m prepearing from home for Upsc i hv no money to efforts cochings
    is anyone available who have Assamese optional notes kindly contac me pls amitkuri1996@gmail.com
  • Since there will be lot of people from Assam here ,I would like to ask how is Assam-meghalaya as a cadre with respect to:

1.IPS
    2.Infrastructure
    3.Political interference
    4.Work load
    5.respect for bureaucracy ( i mean is it same as UP-bihar ? )
    6. People in terms of nature towards those from mainland India
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog