Friends I have created this thread cuz I didn't find any single thread for 2016 geography optional aspirants. So those aspirants having geography as optional and going to appear in CSE 2016 gather here and discuss strategies and share doubts and problems. We will collectively find the solutions.
Here I am giving the books which are recommended by toppers and coaching institutes. These are the core books which are needed to read before we go ahead. So there is the list:
(These are core. Can't think about reading other topics without completing these.
1. Physical Geography by Savindra Singh
2. Human Geography by Majid Hussain
3. Indian Geography by D.R. Khullar
Apart for the above mentioned books we will be required to cover these books also:
1. Geographical Thoughts by Majid Hussain
2. Models and Theories by Majid Hussain
3. Biogeography by Savindra Singh
4. Environmental geography by Savindra Singh
5. For remaining topics we need to refer coaching materials or Internet.
Note : I have not mentioned NCERTS and GC Leong cuz you will be reading it for GS. Also as suggested by insights and some successful aspirants we need to have single standard reference book for every topic.
The Road To Success Comes Through Hardwork, Determinations and Sacrifice...