Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Adhaar card - PIL in supreme court

edited February 2015 in Miscellaneous
Here are some doubts regarding adhaar card.
Please have a look and help.
1. Can it be used as a legal proof of address.
2. Can i get my friend a card just by introducing him to the three registrar.(People or company who issues the card)
3. Why IB ministry of home affairs has objected to its use in telecom industry as eKYC data in issuing sim card s.
First attempt in 2014 - couldn't clear prelims, second to be in 2018
Optional - medical sciences

Comments

• Here are some doubts regarding adhaar card.
    Yes. But there may be exceptions ( in many places PAN card is not accepted as proof of identity due to reasons such as fake cards etc.)
    2. Can i get my friend a card just by introducing him to the three registrar.(People or company who issues the card)
    Could not get you questions here. There is an introducer concept in Aadhaar system where local registrars (e.g. state government, India Post )can designate formal introducers who can vouch for residents who cannot provide proof of resident for some reason.
    3. Why IB ministry of home affairs has objected to its use in telecom industry as eKYC data in issuing sim card s.
    IB has concrens as it "cannot vouch for the process and data integrity of UIDAI since it is not aware of back-end e-systems, e-processing, and e-auditing currently in place and also on how data is transmitted between various units of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). IB also says Aadhaar cards do not contain the nationality and permanent address of the cardholder, which could lead to a general presumption that the cardholder is Indian, thus posing a security threat to India as agencies of neighbouring countries can procure this 'identity' for their agents."

Management || The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few - Star Trek II Wrath of Khan (1982)
  • Here are some doubts regarding adhaar card.
    Yes. But there may be exceptions ( in many places PAN card is not accepted as proof of identity due to reasons such as fake cards etc.)
    Could not get you questions here. There is an introducer concept in Aadhaar system where local registrars (e.g. state government, India Post )can designate formal introducers who can vouch for residents who cannot provide proof of resident for some reason.
    IB has concrens as it "cannot vouch for the process and data integrity of UIDAI since it is not aware of back-end e-systems, e-processing, and e-auditing currently in place and also on how data is transmitted between various units of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). IB also says Aadhaar cards do not contain the nationality and permanent address of the cardholder, which could lead to a general presumption that the cardholder is Indian, thus posing a security threat to India as agencies of neighbouring countries can procure this 'identity' for their agents."

Yeah fine i got it. Thanks buddy .

First attempt in 2014 - couldn't clear prelims, second to be in 2018
    Optional - medical sciences
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog