Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

Choosing between Vision IAS & GS SCORE: Mains 2015 Test Series

edited February 2015 in Coaching & Websites
I have written Mains twice but could not able to fetch good marks in General studies. I am searching for a good test series which can improve my writing skills.
I have gone through the test series programme of Vision IAS and Gs score. I m not able to understand which test series to join..pls suggest...

further I require a one to one answer writing session for improving the writing skill as I belong to an engineering background and not able to analyse the questions properly.....

Pls suggest

Comments

• Questions of both gs score & vision ias are good. I have visions model answers they are very good. But in terms of answer evaluation vision ias sucks. Last year people complained about the irregularity and delay in checking answer copies. People even complained about their answers being checked by senior players and receptionist. Whereas gs score was punctual in checking answer copies. The answer copies were checked by teachers. Also few questions of gs score test series did came in upsc mains. So you may go for gs score.
    "God is great"
  • @Mayuri

Vision's questions are good. But there evaluation is not good. Even if they check copies on time their feedback is not helping...
    Vision have done analysis of last year's upsc mains paper so you can check how many questions came from their test series in mains exam.. As far as copies checked by senior players are concerned we don't know what happens... Even 1 month after the scheduled day of test, vision checks only 500 copies..so i don't know why they need senior players to check the paper... at that speed even 1-2 people can check 500 papers..

The questions of gs score is also good... but i think they ask you to send answers within 5 days of test..that is what they have written on their website... but vision gives you more time to write answers...

you can join any test series..both are good.... not much difference... but i think more number of people join vision than gs score...so if you need ranking vision will be better.
    I am just an ordinary guy with nothing to loose
  • I am student of vision ias classroom+test series and i would like to say that their methodology of teaching is very unique and involve lots of real life examples.For eg to teach banking & equity share trading our economics sir opened his axis demat account and helped us understand the concepts with practical approach.

Regarding Vision Ias test series i will say the main advantage of joining test series in vision ias is that there is separate well qualified staff (many of them have reached till interview stage)for preparing each section of test series and they properly judge your answers and give you a thorough feedback on your answers with amendments you should made while answering along with points you missed out while answering.Also you can get your doubts regarding your test series solved through mail.

I read that some of your copies got checked very late but which could be solved if you send a mail to concerned department ; In my case i i think for classroom students they do on priority basis .
    "Why should we fear what will happen in life;if nothing else experience will be there"
  • @adi17
    @Sachinmayekar

Thanks for ur valuable advices.
    I hv joined GSSCORE n given first test last Saturday. The test was upto my expectations, but the best part was the discussion done by the faculty specially Manoj Sir....lets see for the copy checking scenario whether it is better than visionias or not...

now pls provide the review of their Distance Learning Prograame, is it worth studying...as I m nt joining any coaching this year n relying solely on coaching notes...
  • edited February 2015
    @Mayuri

As far as coaching notes are concerned there are only 3 notes: Environment from Shankarias / Economics from Sriramias and Current affairs of visionias which are worth reading..
    For the rest of the part use google/wiki and standard books.... if you have lots of time then read CST magazine...
    Read hindu and look for issues(not current affairs)...google and prepare answers...
    for current affairs refer either vision/CST... you can find many people on forumias who are sharing vision current affairs at very low price..

The best advantage of self study is that you can refer different standard books/websites..... so don't waste time on coaching materials...you have already joined the test series... it is enough..the role of coaching ends there...
    still if you want to spend money then get a good internet connection to surf faster..
  • @Mayuri Gs score is popular for ethics notes only. So rather than enrolling for their entire notes, you can buy popular notes of different coaching in xerox shops of orn, mn. Like for eg.
    1. Ethics - Sk mishra
    2. Internal security - vajiram
    3. Environment - Shankar ias
    4. Economic - Sriram
    5. Gs 2 - M puri notes ( dont know if its avaiable)
    6. World History - Baliyan
    7. Current affairs - Vision ias.
    "God is great"
  • Hello.. i am writting my experience about vision..i have enrollled in their 25 test serie plan..i wrote 1st test and got more than average marks even though i wrote only 12 and that too with refill not even with pen..i was not abl read my handwritting...in my 2nd test i wrote my best and got least marks..i found that their examiner give marks (>4) if ur answer matches their model answers..they give more emphasis on reports and neglect ur own views..they dont check answers on time....really demotivating..i dont know about gs score...so better u think before joining any..
  • Hello.. i am writting my experience about vision..i have enrollled in their 25 test serie plan..i wrote 1st test and got more than average marks even though i wrote only 12 and that too with refill not even with pen..i was not abl read my handwritting...in my 2nd test i wrote my best and got least marks..i found that their examiner give marks (>4) if ur answer matches their model answers..they give more emphasis on reports and neglect ur own views..they dont check answers on time....really demotivating..i dont know about gs score...so better u think before joining any..
    Yes, this can get demotivating at times. If you are appearing for Tests on time, you would like to get your copies corrected on time. Marks at the right time can help you get motivated for preparing for the next test.

@kaashonline has subscribed to both Vision and GS Score. Can you provide a detailed feedback for the same - highlighting the pros and cons of both?
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • edited February 2015
    Hello.. i am writting my experience about vision..i have enrollled in their 25 test serie plan..i wrote 1st test and got more than average marks even though i wrote only 12 and that too with refill not even with pen..i was not abl read my handwritting...in my 2nd test i wrote my best and got least marks..i found that their examiner give marks (>4) if ur answer matches their model answers..they give more emphasis on reports and neglect ur own views..they dont check answers on time....really demotivating..i dont know about gs score...so better u think before joining any..
    this is true that if you use your own imagination and write the answers they will not give you good marks...but if you stick to their model answers kind of format they will give you even 8+ marks out of 12.5.....

after looking at their feedback for 2-3 tests i stopped paying attention to them....
    when people say that vision's faculty are very innovative, i wonder where there innovation disappears when it comes to answer checking especially for distance learning students...

Only by opening and showing demat accounts will not help the IAS aspirants...
  • wanted to share cost of GS Score - Distance Learing Programme Notes , Anyone ?

ps: Does these notes photocopy available in ORN ?
  • @adi17
    @Sachinmayekar

Thanks for ur valuable advices.
    I hv joined GSSCORE n given first test last Saturday. The test was upto my expectations, but the best part was the discussion done by the faculty specially Manoj Sir....lets see for the copy checking scenario whether it is better than visionias or not...

now pls provide the review of their Distance Learning Prograame, is it worth studying...as I m nt joining any coaching this year n relying solely on coaching notes...
    I am also interseted in their Distance Learning Programme - need advice ?
  • the cost of DLP is 17500,

I hv seen some material distributed in class related to paper 2...they r gud n analytical...but not sure about other subjects...does anyone bought the whole lot of material...

I m very bad in history...pls suggest the easiest notes for that..hv anyone seen history notes of gsscore
  • @master4341

please don't purchase full material from any coaching institute... @Sachinmayekar has already given the break up above....they are the best in the market and you will get them at very less price in xerox shops.... apart from that read only books/internet.....

Once you pay the amount it is gone and you will repent in the future....
  • doubt which curtailed our chance in UPSC

i saw orf and gateway house website both have superb article, but now my doubt is these two website is good for IR sections only or other section also ???
  • hi,
    sending the GSSCORE mains test series paper 1...

pdf
    pdf
    Indian Society (GSSCORE test 1).pdf
  • @adi17
    @Sachinmayekar
    @rkr06
    @Neyawn

see the Discussion video of GS Score "Mains 2015 Test Series" on Indian Society, the answers of which I had attached earlier....

http://iasscore.in/gs-mains-test-series.php
  • I have to join test series within couple of days. Vision or GSscore ? I am confused.
    kindly help.
  • Which mains test series are available now?

Plz help, mains out this year. Want to utilize next couple of months before getting into mains mode.

Thanks
  • I am currently a student of GSSCORE TEST series; I found it better and according to the UPSC pattern.
    They provide videos of discussion class and you can give test anytime on their centre, even the previous one under their flexi module...due to UPPSC paper I had left few tests and given that afterwards. They check the copies thoroughly and give them back in time...

you can also send the copies online in pdf format...even that copies get checked in time...my few frnds staying out of Delhi are using this format....

• @Mayuri please share other tests as well.Thanks
  • Which mains test series are available now?

Mains out this time.
    Though failure has made me feel dejected, but i am ready to fight it again. Want to utilize next couple of months before getting into prelims mode.
  • @Mayuri ....can u please upload pdf of the the other mains Tests that you had given till now like you did for Test-1 !!!...
  • Is there any time limit to give tests for the distance learning students of GS SCORE???

Can I join it now???
    Humbleness, Ambition, Decisiveness, Compassion, Bigheartedness, Confidence, Killer Instinct, Morality, Dominance, Sense of Justice.
  • I think there is no time limit for tests, but I m nt sure...confirm it by calling at GSSCORE

By the way the experience is gud...they correct the copies in time with proper remarks
  • till now they are good. Correction is damn strict.... am unable to cross 60
  • Anybody interested in buying GS Score mains 2015 test series kindly please send me a private message. All tests are intact. I haven't written any.

:bz
  • VisionIAS (has both offline / online flexbility)
    GS 8 Section (written 2 of these) + 4 Full length + Current Affairs + Value Add (Module 415)
    Cost to me: Rs. 15,000 :: Cost to you = Rs. 8,000

GS Score (Mishra Sir wala) (offline)
    GS 10 Sectional (written 2 of these) + 4 Full length
    Cost to me: Rs. 15,750 :: Cost to you = Rs. 8,000

I have the all the necessary receipts. Based around Old Rajendra Nagar

Please PM if interested

Thank you and all the best for life/mains.
  • i want the gs score tests...actually i am going to join that...so if u could provide me the receipts it would be good....9818605476
  • thanks for your valuable advice

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog