[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Jharkhand State - Interview Related Questions

edited January 2015 in Interview Preparation
plz post questions related to jharkhand--expected and previously asked questions
·

Comments

• thanks to SelfStudy

SelfStudy 11:32AM QuoteFlag1 Like LikeThanks
    @ all those with home state Jharkhand -

1. how much is injustice to the tribals responsible for insurgency
    2. brief info about Tana Bhagats and their present relevance
    3. total number of tribes ? how many of them are PTGs ?
    4. total no of districts and the names of the last two districts formed
    5. Saranda Plan

6. rough figures for GDP, growth rate, per capita income, population , gender ratio etc ( these r not asked generally, but on a bad day u might be asked about these )
    7. which was India's first regional development project ? On which model it was based ?
    8. what r the issues related to Chiria mines ?
    9. displacement issues related with Koel-Karo project & Subarnrekha project ?
    10. Some famous places for various minerals like - koderma for mica, Naomundi for Iron ore , Jaduguda for Uranium etc

11. Uranium pollution in the areas near Jaduguda
    12. Which districts in Jharkhand not affected by insurgency ?
    13. Why is Jharkhand so called; brief political history of the Jharkhand movement ?
    14. number of MPs and MLAs from Jharkhand ?
    15. brief info on some famous tribal festivals like sarhul, karma, tusu parva
    ·
  • ques asked to me in interview-

1. name some pol parties of jharkhand
    2. 5 main problems of jharkhand
    3.main demands of naxals, their slogan
    4.jadugoda and problems there
    5.tribes and their problems
    6.underdevelopment
    ·
  • jharkhand me kaha se ho?
    ·
  • jharkhnd walo ka interview kafi late hota hai i think..result k baad bhi prepare kar sakte hain :D
    ·
  • @upscmains there is no such rule. Since last year UPSC uses a software to randomly allot interview dates to candidates. So someone from Jharkhand can get have his interview on the very first day itself.
    ·
    @upscmains there is no such rule. Since last year UPSC uses a software to randomly allot interview dates to candidates. So someone from Jharkhand can get have his interview on the very first day itself.
    ok tx.. whr r u from in jhrkhnd?
    ·
  • my take
    1.political instability
    2.rich in resources yet underdeveloped
    3.naxal problem
    4.development plan/policies fir tribals
    5.mining issues
    6.tiger reserves of jharkhand
    7.cricket/sports
    8.key cities their importance
    9.major crops/cuisine
    10.corruption
    11.presence of islamic terrorists in ranchi
    12.psu firms like mecon/hec etc.

pour in more...
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
    ·
  • up :bz
    ·
  • Great initiative.
    RR was asked about the success of MGNREGA in Jharkhand.
    “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.”
    ― Napoleon Hill
    ·
  • In recent assembly elections Santhal Pargana tenancy act made much noise...

apart from that how is the relationship of tribal state like Jharkhand with other tribal sates like Chattisgarh...
    I am just an ordinary guy with nothing to loose
    ·
  • In recent assembly elections Santhal Pargana tenancy act made much noise...

apart from that how is the relationship of tribal state like Jharkhand with other tribal sates like Chattisgarh...
    It is not just SPTA but even CNTA ( Chhota Nagpur Tennancy Act, 1908).
    Also i could not understand the "relationship" which you mentioned. Do you mean "relative comparison" ?

Management || The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few - Star Trek II Wrath of Khan (1982)
    ·
  • @noob

please explain SPTA AND CNTA..in brief...

"i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
    ·
  • In a few lines - These two acts regulate the transfer of land in scheduled areas of Jharkhand. In simple terms they determine who, to whom, how, what kind of and when can the land ownership be transferred.
    These acts were enacted by the British to protect the interests of Tribal people against the zamindars of yester years.
    Management || The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few - Star Trek II Wrath of Khan (1982)
    ·
  • some more from my side
    1.rampant problem of trafficking in jharkhand
    2.how r the administrative challenges of a dc different in lwe districts
    3.reasons for political instability in jharkhand
    4.pesa
    5.role of palamilitary forces vis a vis police
    6.what cities of jhk have potential of being developed into smart cities
    7.why has representation from jhk in national hockey team declined
    zindagi lambi nai..badi honi chahiye
    ·
  • @satyama bhai...jharkhand me kahan se ho?
    ·
  • edited January 2015
    I am from Jharkhand and in my PT I was asked following questions related to JH.
    > Chotanagpur Tenancy Act & its clash with builders assoc.
    > MGNREGA and JH plus what 'productivity' enhancement measures should I suggest to the policy dept. On this I was also asked about NPV and IRR for a typical rural dev project.

P.S: I am from Ranchi and have my house in 'downtown' Doranda :P ... near JH High Court.
    Indian Foreign Service | Career Diplomat
    ·
  • @mango_dolly ...npv ..irr?..commerce or mangement background?
    ·
  • @mango_dolly ...npv ..irr?..commerce or mangement background?
    I have done MBA
    ·
  • @mango_dolly ...kya aap already service me ho?
    ·
  • @mango_dolly ...kya aap already service me ho?
    Yes .. through Civil Services 2013.
    ·
  • oh sorry ...likha toh hai...indian trade services...my bad
    ·
  • @satyama bhai...jharkhand me kahan se ho?
    Ranchi
    ·
  • @mango_dolly What can be a typical answer to NPV or IRR for a rural development project? Is it more qualitative or quantitative?
    RBI Grade B Manager
    ·
  • @mango_dolly What can be a typical answer to NPV or IRR for a rural development project? Is it more qualitative or quantitative?
    I would have included other aspects of valuation for rural development projects like the social and cultural preservation and/ or development, political stability etc which cannot be measured in quantitative terms. Surely I will employ NPV and IRR methods and will justify the shortfall for the points mentioned above.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog