Madhya Pradesh as home state : Interview questions

Please share your district name, we'll frame specific questions on related issues.

Mine are Indore/Dewas

Comments

• Mine is Datia :)
    All generalizations are false including this one
    Fascinating Universe -
  • edited January 2015
    Mine is Datia :)
    What is Datia famous for?

Why do stampede incidents such as the one at ratangarh temple occur frequently in India? As district collector, how will you prevent such incidents?
  • Sheopur
    Tell me something about your priorities as an administrator in Sheopur district.
    I am also from datia bro
    Assistant Commandant ITBP
  • Bhopal , m expecting questions on gas tragedy specially its relevance with the liability law tussle goining on between India and US .
    What though the field be lost
    All is not lost
    The unconquerable will and the courage
    Never to submit or yield- Zahiruddin Babar

Why do stampede incidents such as the one at ratangarh temple occur frequently in India? As district collector, how will you prevent such incidents?
    bhai to be very honest, that incident was totally avoidable. There was a similar incident in Ratangarh few years back. Considering this, any vigilant collector would have taken preventive steps to avoid any incident. But, unfortunately, many lives were lost without little accountability.

I think half of the task is done if DM's become aware of any potential stampede situation. After this, making provisions for Loud Speakers etc. for communication is important since most of the times stampedes happen because of rumors. Besides this provision of ambulances etc. for backup.

Let's also discuss common problems of MP like poor social indicators, high tribal junta etc.

BTW datia is famous for Jaina Temple, a temple and a huge palace which was build to commemorate the visit of Emperor Jehangir but he never visited

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-propertyplus/datia-mahal-a-splendid-fusion-of-architecture/article3947467.ece
    All generalizations are false including this one
    Fascinating Universe -
  • Bhopal , m expecting questions on gas tragedy specially its relevance with the liability law tussle goining on between India and US .
    Anderson died in September. Do you think India had not pursued case against him strongly enough? What are the reasons for undue delay and unfair compensation for Bhopal gas victims?

What measures have been taken for rehab of victims?

Do you think attempt to dilute civil nuclear liability act under US pressure is reasonable?

bhai to be very honest, that incident was totally avoidable. There was a similar incident in Ratangarh few years back. Considering this, any vigilant collector would have taken preventive steps to avoid any incident. But, unfortunately, many lives were lost without little accountability.

I think half of the task is done if DM's become aware of any potential stampede situation. After this, making provisions for Loud Speakers etc. for communication is important since most of the times stampedes happen because of rumors. Besides this provision of ambulances etc. for backup.

Let's also discuss common problems of MP like poor social indicators, high tribal junta etc.

BTW datia is famous for Jaina Temple, a temple and a huge palace which was build to commemorate the visit of Emperor Jehangir but he never visited

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-features/tp-propertyplus/datia-mahal-a-splendid-fusion-of-architecture/article3947467.ece
    Even I believe it was sheer neglect of arrangement on the part of Dist administration which led to stampede. Thats why DM was suspended even though he was on leave during the time of incident.
  • Please shoot your questions on MP relevant for UPSC interview.

Some of the questions are:

Is MP still a BIMARU state? If so why? If not why?

Why our own govt fails to recognize efforts of Indians until they are recognized at world stage? (Kailash Satyarthi)

How will you curb menace of Child Labour in your district?

What are the reasons for very high rate of Infant mortality in MP?

Why is it that tribals continue to remain poor despite massive spending on their welfare?

Name some freedom fighters from MP.

Name some fairs and festivals of MP.

What are the reasons for lack of investment in MP vis-a-vis states like Gujrat, Maharashtra, TN etc?
  • I m also from bhopal
  • Nice questions @SamratAshok .
    My home district-Singrauli ; native district-Rewa.Friends please shoot some questions.
  • Problems in mahan jungle?
    issues of environmental degradation due to mining?
    i guess kol janjanti/tribes there
    tell us about them?
  • I am not from MP but my birth place is Balaghat .
    first person to be honored with the title of dasasahasratikapati on forumias
  • Bina district sagar
  • I am not from MP but my birth place is Balaghat .
    Is Naxalism spreading in Balaghat?
  • Bina district sagar
    Tell us sth abt Bina refinery. Why Bina has refinery (any particular reason)?
  • Nice questions @SamratAshok .
    My home district-Singrauli ; native district-Rewa.Friends please shoot some questions.
    What is Singrauli famous for?
    What are the problems related to coal sector?
  • Me too frm Bhopal...possible questions amng othrs might be regarding municipal corp elections, linking smart city concepts nd urbanization..
    काक चेष्टा, बको ध्यानं, स्वान निद्रा तथैव च
    स्वल्पहारी, गृहत्यागी विद्यार्थी पंच लक्षणं।
  • edited January 2015
    I request all of you that we now need to focus on MP as a whole.

Please share info about district as well so that relevant ques can be put up.
  • are waah
    kya baat hai..!!!
    चन्द्रगुप्त :
    किस्मत पहले ही लिखी जा चुकी है,
    तो कोशिश करने से क्या मिलेगा ?
    चाणक्य :
    क्या पता किस्मत में ही लिखा हो
    कि कोशिश से ही मिलेगा !!
  • Birthplace:-Chhatarpur
    Domicile(declared):-Bhopal

Mahan Coal controversy, Ultra Mega Solar Plant and all time favourite Bhopal gas Tragedy related questions.
  • Birthplace:-Chhatarpur
    Domicile(declared):-Bhopal

Mahan Coal controversy, Ultra Mega Solar Plant and all time favourite Bhopal gas Tragedy related questions.
    Problems of Bundelkhand...is demand for separate state feasible?
    Khajuraho temples....history etc.

• Let me know if anyone willing to share insghts 2015 test series.They are too good if wanna see test appers let me know will share with papers and solution.
    iamdedicated2015@gmail.com
    Not the thread for this purpose. Dont.
  • District - Gwalior

Probable Questions on MP in general:

Why is MP's child sex ratio lower than the national average? In particular areas like Morena have an extremely low child sex ratio.
    What are the traditional reasons for the gun culture in the Chambal region? Is it still present?
    Why is MP almost always in news for crime against women?
    Despite having a high growth rate its literacy rate is lower than the national average. Are things improving? What steps have been taken by the state government?
    Hope is a good thing, may be the best of things and no good thing ever dies.
  • District - Gwalior

Why is MP's child sex ratio lower than the national average? In particular areas like Morena have an extremely low child sex ratio.
    What are the traditional reasons for the gun culture in the Chambal region? Is it still present?
    Despite having a high growth rate its literacy rate is lower than the national average. Are things improving? What steps have been taken by the state government?
    Good ones....Pls post answers too...Gwalior collector P.Narhari has taken some notable initiatives for improving administration. Can be asked.
  • @SamratAshok : The answers I have in mind are very general. Tried looking for specific information online and in books on mp but they are not of much help. Would you suggest any specific book or blog or some local coaching notes where some relevant information can be found. Have heard some coachings provide good notes in hindi, would not mind reading them.
    Hope is a good thing, may be the best of things and no good thing ever dies.
  • @SamratAshok : The answers I have in mind are very general. Tried looking for specific information online and in books on mp but they are not of much help. Would you suggest any specific book or blog or some local coaching notes where some relevant information can be found. Have heard some coachings provide good notes in hindi, would not mind reading them.
    Even I am searching for relevant stuff. NBT book on MP can be of help but it is not available as of now.
    Only source is hindi newspapers, but they just don't come out of sensationalizing news. That's why I started this discussion so that MP natives can share what they know.
  • District - Gwalior

If we see or rather ponder upon the above 2 questions,there is a link between the two.Being a person who is related to the dominant community present in these regions, I would like to put forth my 2 cents.

The basic reason behind the low sex ratio is feudal mindset.A son is still taken as an asset who can fight for the family as and when needed.In simple words he would be the one who could easily carry a gun or the legacy of gun culture.The prime reason behind this is again substantial low literacy and highly fragmented land.The dowry demanded is very high in these regions and thus as a result,women go for foeticide not once but even 3-4 times during their fertility period.Again,even government cultivates the gun culture as most of the recruitment from MP in PMFs is done from this region only.

PS:-Suggestions,contraviews,cross questions wld be appreciated.

• edited January 2015

Problems of Bundelkhand...is demand for separate state feasible?
    Khajuraho temples....history etc.

Bundelkhand region has been a highly neglected region in the state.Furthermore,the problem here is the same which India faced as a nation just after independence.There is hardly any industrial region in this area and the huge chunk of population is totally dependent on agriculture.
    Again,being a semi arid plateau it hardly provides enough opportunity and income to the people.The condition worsens when we see no alternate job opportunity available through local industries.Poor education and literacy rate also limits the opportunity in service sector.
    During the last couple of years some big PSUs, Maharatnas and even TNCs have started coming to the region and hence there is a hope that in distant future, agri-dependency would be far less.However, what is needed is better education infra along with institutes of skill development.
    One more problem is Infra(that is for whole of MP ;Bundelkhand is just like an orphan among the poors I would say )
    Demand for separate state:-I have very generic answer for this(Admin convenience etc things)....BUt If I am allowed to quote above problems,I would say YES

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog