43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

India's Act East Policy

Can any explain what is Act East Policy
& how it's different from Look East Policy ?
The Law of Detachment - be equanimous to both victories and defeats
·

Comments

• edited January 2015
    @Nuralain

I agree that LEP wasn't successful to its entirety
    however when I was doing some net research on Act East Policy seemed to me more like a new jingo change which was lacking any substance. As in my view it was just improvement in implementation of LEP rather than changing the philosophy of policy
    after your response I have confirmed it wasn't a change in direction just a new jingo :P
    The Law of Detachment - be equanimous to both victories and defeats
    ·
  • AEP is merely putting our money where our mouth is wrt the LEP. It's just ensuring implementation. The NE connect is a method being used to implement the AEP, and thereby, the LEP.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google