43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

B. Tech. Electronics and Communication : Interview preparations

those who have given interviews with ECE background please post the questions asked by board.
and those who've not, come up with the probable questions. :)
Waqt ka takaaza hai, tufaano se jhoojho yaaro.............kab tak chaloge yun kinaare kinaare..
·

Comments

• Some of these UPSC members don't know the difference between electrical and ECE. ECE people were asked those stupid questions on functioning of a 3-phase motor with only 2 phase supply.
    Myself didn't get asked questions on ECE topics.
    Wait for a week or two, you will find questions aplenty.
    ·
  • I passed out in 2011(Branch ECE) and I don't remember a thing of my syllabus now . Please suggest what to prepare in graduation papers !!!! :(
    ·
  • I know of a friend who was Instrumentation and he was asked all VLSI and Electrical in the board :P

The members are generalists and they do not know the lucid difference between various engg sub-classes of Electronics, I myself am an Electronics guy with Instrumentation and Wireless engineering but the fact is I am sure they will ask me DC/AC and 2 phase and 3 phase motors and active power and power loss etc.

We can't help it but prepare the basics of most of the aspects. The other Irony is I finished my engg in 2006 =)) :)) :((
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
    ·
  • My interview Ques

1) what is spectrum. (explained)
    2) No. explain in layman terms (tried to explain, then series of ques followed like I am a laymen
    I don't understand the terms u r using..... (not convinced with my answers)
    3) Frequency of naval communication and some more parameters. (mostly factual)
    4 Then asked about freq range of VLF,VHF,EHF..... (Again a factual)
    5)Freq, wavelength and energy relations.
    6) Asked some freq of VIBGYOR their wavelength energy etc
    7) Among microwave and visible(or some other I don't remember) which has more wavelength?
    ( I think I have answered correctly, they tried to confuse me, So I changed my answer)
    ·
  • last year I gave capf interview and they didn't asked a single question wrt ECE...
    but they asked What is MIS ? when i said i dont know then they told....management information system ?

In my FCI MT interview... board asked how internet works ?
    types of communication ?
    satellite communications ?
    Waqt ka takaaza hai, tufaano se jhoojho yaaro.............kab tak chaloge yun kinaare kinaare..
    ·
  • I know of a friend who was Instrumentation and he was asked all VLSI and Electrical in the board :P

The members are generalists and they do not know the lucid difference between various engg sub-classes of Electronics, I myself am an Electronics guy with Instrumentation and Wireless engineering but the fact is I am sure they will ask me DC/AC and 2 phase and 3 phase motors and active power and power loss etc.

We can't help it but prepare the basics of most of the aspects. The other Irony is I finished my engg in 2006 =)) :)) :((

bro...do provide us the topics you gonna prepare ;)
    like ac/DC and all ;)
    ·

• bro...do provide us the topics you gonna prepare ;)
    like ac/DC and all ;)
    Sure, we can all share what we are preparing on ECE. It can aid the rest.

I will at first read basics of my domain from Carlsen, Rappaport and Sedra/Smith. Only the basics :P

Later will move to other domains of Electronics and Electrical as well.

Also, looking at the qns asked to past candidates can help us draw a line on what to prepare and what not to :)
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
    ·
  • edited January 2015
    mine is electronics and instrumentation
    my questions were
    what is sensor
    what is transducer
    one question on PLC that's all i was asked
    but yes as @Thor said questions are very unexpected so need to prepare well from various sources both of electronics and electrical
    @Thor bhai it seems like u wl go through a lot of topics humse toh utna na ho payega :(( :((
    ehh what's up doc!!!!
    ·
  • Will wiki based/ ( IIN :P ) knowledge do ? Going through EC EE etc. engg. texts would be an impossible task.
    ·
  • edited January 2015
    completed eng in Electronics and Communication in 2008 .Have forgot that . Worked in IT for 3.5 years on a technology which no generalist will know . Now for past 2 years preparing for CSE .Out of touch with IT as well =))
    first person to be honored with the title of dasasahasratikapati on forumias
    ·
  • Reading whole books now would be a herculean task for me (and I'm sure for others).
    Does anybody have any concise notes for each topic? Or any website that has these?
    ·
  • Reading whole books now would be a herculean task for me (and I'm sure for others).
    Does anybody have any concise notes for each topic? Or any website that has these?
    You can read made easy handbook for ece for most of the basics.But you'll have to read at least 2 books first one is kennedy for communications & second is integrated electronics i forgot the author's name but there is a wave kind of thing on the front page.
    Open your mind before you open your mouth.
    ·

You can read made easy handbook for ece for most of the basics.But you'll have to read at least 2 books first one is kennedy for communications & second is integrated electronics i forgot the author's name but there is a wave kind of thing on the front page.
    I found this: http://madeeasypublications.org/books/A Handbook on Electronics Engineering.pdf
    Will this suffice? It seems to have all the topics covered.
    ·
  • @somestuff it will but you should also read kennedy and millman.
    You can answer almost all interview questions reading these 3.
    Open your mind before you open your mouth.
    ·
  • Millman/Grabel or Sedra/Smith is a must, if not then the quick read-up Ben G Streetman is ok.

I feel communications is more important - Carlsen and Rappaport :)
    ·
  • Don't you guys think reading the whole book is too much? Questions will be very basic I suppose.

May be each of us can pick up different topics like communications, electronics, instrumentation etc. and post questions related to these here?
    All generalizations are false including this one
    Fascinating Universe - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-J3Rig6mrJhGECH-yVMwSg
    ·
  • Don't you guys think reading the whole book is too much? Questions will be very basic I suppose.

May be each of us can pick up different topics like communications, electronics, instrumentation etc. and post questions related to these here?
    Who the heck will read the whole book sir :)) engineering mein hi nahi padhe to ab kya padenge, just the basics - first 7-8 chapters in the book ;)
    ·
  • references given here are reminding me of my seniors...whose advice I never followed...

come on...all guys here are not from IITs and NITs...
    can't we have separate to the point questions of interviews rather going through the chapters of books ???
    ·
  • Millman/Grabel or Sedra/Smith is a must, if not then the quick read-up Ben G Streetman is ok.

I feel communications is more important - Carlsen and Rappaport :)
    bhai sedra smith hi thik ee nhi padha sala abhibtak bhi confused hun bjt ka configuration me and my last year project was on mosfet :-)) =))
    ehh what's up doc!!!!
    ·
  • completed eng in Electronics and Communication in 2008 .Have forgot that . Worked in IT for 3.5 years on a technology which no generalist will know . Now for past 2 years preparing for CSE .Out of touch with IT as well =))
    Same boat for me bro... Na idhar ke na udhar ke :)..

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google