Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

How to avoid weird thoughts during study?

edited December 2014 in Miscellaneous
Every time I open a book, some weird thoughts start creeping in my mind like sex etc. How to avoid such thoughts and stay with books,newspaper..?
·

Comments

• Connect those thoughts to ur aim... For example think how ur avenues for attracting better sexually attractive life partner or otherwise improve once u become successful.... In this way ur " dirty thoughts" could motivate u to work harder
    when is the climax?..... err.... its kinda anticlimax now..
    ·
  • There is nothing weird in this...infact its very natural...wake up early(not late than 7 am)...practise some meditation or yoga or physical exercise like running(not gym) for not more than half an hour...have balanced and simple diet....drink lot of water...go to sleep by 12 pm..i think following such a lifestyle will help you in developing a balanced and healthy mind ..remember always that you have to be the master of your mind and not let the mind enslave you...this mind is not to be trusted at any cost
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    Channelize the pervert inside u to constructive means.... Freud calls this sublimation.... Whatever u do do not suppress erotic feelings ever..... Express it in the form of art, healthy flirting or hardwork( by deriving sexual pleasure out of studies)
    ·
  • Channelize the pervert inside u to constructive means.... Freud calls this sublimation.... Whatever u do do not suppress erotic feelings ever..... Express it in the form of art, healthy flirting or hardwork( by deriving sexual pleasure out of studies)
    +1
    Manzil mile na mile ye to muqaddar ki baat hain, Hum koshish bhi na kare ye toh galat baat hain.
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    ForumIAS =Baba logo ka Jamghat
    ^:)^
    ---
    I think common folks have started coming here for advices.
    ·
  • ForumIAS =Baba logo ka Jamghat
    ^:)^
    ---
    I think common folks have started coming here for advices.
    =))
    ·
  • Its right that such thoughts can never be suppressed...you can supress it for few days but such thoughts will bounce back with even more vigour and intensity and you will fall prey to it..but such thoughts can be implicitly tamed by following a balanced lifestyle
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    Its right that such thoughts can never be suppressed...you can supress it for few days but such thoughts will bounce back with even more vigour and intensity and you will fall prey to it..but such thoughts can be implicitly tamed by following a balanced lifestyle
    I think we should be proud of such thoughts ..,.,
    We shouldn't tame it but use them constructively
    ·
  • Such thoughts are natural...but can be hindrance towards our goals...so we need to tame it...as i said taming it directly would be counter productive and more dangerous...so such thoughts need to be subdued only by indirect methods ...and one such potent method is bringing a healthy change in your lifestyle...as far as using such thoughts constructively is concerned i think harbouring such thoughts wont allow us doing constructive things because ultimately we will fall prey to such thoughts and end up wasting time
    ·
  • Use those thoughts to your advantage by constructing mnemonics around them. You will have better retention :)>-
    ·
  • There is one more method to counter such thoughts and that is the ultimate one...that is to bring change in our consciousness but that requires utmost dedication and such method is used by those who want to be one with god..one who adopt this method wont even have such thoughts in his subconscious mind...to put it plainly he would see god even in his wife as ramkrishna paramhansa saw it...but in our case following a shift in lifestyle and not believing our mind would also work considerably
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    When i visited this thread, a song immediately played in my mind " Tharki Chhokaro Aayo Re Banake Mhaaro Mehmaan"
    "God is great"
    ·
  • well, if the thoughts are not too weird, try fulfilling them. :P
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
    ·
  • Would shahjshan have built Taj Mahal without erotic feelings? If ar Rahman had followed Wahhabism that bans music, would he have won an oscar?
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    Bhai, build a system.
    System bole to ek disciplined life just like that of military people.
    1 mahina follow karo uss system ko, believe me it will be tough, but make it a habit.
    Jab bhi system nahi follow karne ka man kare, note down kyun tumahara mind divert ho raha hai. Source identify karna important hai. Us source ko note kar lo taki dobara if it again tries to distract you, you have a plan to counter it.
    Try karo ki FLOW maintain rahe, continuity nahi toote. Note down kitne baar continuity ka streak toota. Bahut zarrori hai, nahi to log is illusion me rahte hai ki bahut pad rhe hain, par output uska 20-30 % hi rehta hai.
    Hamesha ek parameter rehna chahiye check karne ke liye ke kitna pada. Aimless padai me kaafi time waste ho jata hai, aur is exam me time sabse jyada imp hai.
    Plan all your moves ahead. You should know ki 2 mahine baad kahan stand karoge, nahi to phir time waste hoga.
    Itna kar liye to pressure se padai hogi.
    Apna mettle thoda strong rakhna hoga, kyunki dekhne me aasan lagta hai, par enormous will power chahiye. Patience ka bhi bahut bada khel hai. Things seem apart initially, dheere dheere everything starts making sense.
    This account's purpose has been served. Carry on.
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    @Hippo bhai,source to mujhe pata he,wo sexual desire me hai. Problem ye hai ki when such weird thought creeps in mind,and it definitely does,I start doing more weird stuff like masturbating,which again wastes huge amount of time.
    ·
  • @confused_guy bhai khali time mile hai ya frustation ya pressure cope up karne ke chakkar me?
    Waise agar frequency normal hai to no problem dude. Jyada karne se energy barbaad hoti hai bhai.
    ·
  • Bhai maine smoking chor di 3-4 mahine pahele. Tough hota hai par kuch din dheeraj rakhna padega. Strategy to tumhi ko banani padegi.
    Mere ko lagta tha ki smoking se concentration badta hai. Jab bhi pressure aata tha kisi bhi cheez ko lekar, jala deta tha ek.
    Pahle 1 mahine to khud ko convince kiya is all my conceptions are bullshit.
    I stopped being with my smoker friends. Jaata bhi hoon to unko mana kar diya hai ki mere samne nahi piye. Cold-turkey quit kiya. Ek mahine baad talab aana band ho gaya.
    In the same line, distraction ke sare source identify kar aur try kar unche bachne ke.
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    @Hippo bhai khali time hai kaha? Working guy hu. But I told you whenever I pick up a book/newspaper in available time,these thoughts pop up in mind.... and then whole plan of study collaps. Sometimes I feel very shame, you guys are really lucky,never distract your mind,never think/talk about sex,fully focused and happy in studying. I too want to become like the one,please help.
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    @confused_guy
    Nahi pata yaar tu kaise isko tackle karega..par .sab tere par denpend karta hai.
    Koi aur madad karne wala nahi hai.
    Aur waise laundibaji koi kharab chiz nahi hai...isloye guilty feel karne ka nahi.
    Jab ladki ho raazi, to kya kare qazi.
    ·
  • Tu ek kam kar..bindhast ji..koi nahi..Sab esliye taiyari kar rage ki unki life make me Kate..tera Jo man kare n jitna kare ..bas kar de..rat din me fark nahi karneka..sari bhadas nikal dal..
    Don Goshti Majhyasamor aalya na.. Ki mala kay karaycha te kalat nahi .. Vanilla Ice cream ani tu..
    ·
  • Everyone thinks about it .. But no one disclose it .. Certain frustrations can be released too , then come back to studies .. :D
    2017--> 8th attempt
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    "Intrusive Thoughts."It's not a common problem folks. [-(
    The last earthly sojourn....therefore i accept every suffering with a big heart

·
  • edited January 2015
    just like we need water,food and thought to satisfy our body and mind ,same is the case with sexual desires ,irrespective of gender, both man and woman faces such desires once in a day/week or maximum fortnightly.
    relax, its not your fault, its the nature's way of maintenance(that's why we reproduce) . It is bound to happen, whether you're Indian, American, bhramchari, Muslim etc . its also a kind of hunger that quenches your mindful needs related to sex .
    so my advice is .
    @devilanuj17
    It means , you have never ever seen in your life a " True Celibate " .....That is why you are talking like this ......Jis din kisi Pakke aur akhand Brahmchaari se mil lega naa, saari galat fehemiya duur ho jaaegi tumhari ...

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog