"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains 2017 : The Only Course you will need to Score 400+ in GS
Mains Foundation 2017 by Ravi R Chokkalingam – to cover GS Paper 2, Paper 3, Paper 1 (Social Issues), Ethics & Essay – with 4 Full Length Mock Tests.
Classes (Online | Offline) commence from 27th June for Mains Foundation, Mains Current Affairs, GS Paper III, Ethics & Essay

Call : 9555923039 for early bird discounts

UP candidates interview discussion related to state

edited December 2014 in Interview Preparation
Being UPite, we are expected to answer for more or less all types of social, economic and political questions.
Let this thread be more informal so that we can freely discuss issues concerning UTTAM PRADESH. :)>-
हार नहीं मानूंगा, रार नहीं ठानूंगा ।
·

Comments

• We may also discuss sensitive issues of communalism, casteism, politics, religion.
    I remember one guy being asked... What kind of impact ppl like Raja Bhaiya have on UP youth?

So we should discuss informally.
    Freedom of speech should be respected but we should not hurt others deliberately.
    ·
  • We may also discuss sensitive issues of communalism, casteism, politics, religion.
    I remember one guy being asked... What kind of impact ppl like Raja Bhaiya have on UP youth?

So we should discuss informally.
    Freedom of speech should be respected but we should not hurt others deliberately.
    Great thread..considering the size, population and problems of our state a healthy discussion here would be awesome.

Let's start with the communal tensions in UP and what possible solutions can there be for it?
    Communal tension - reasons, why rise in recent months and solutions?
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Goodboy :Good initiative .....

I am from VARANASI-
    In My CAPF-2013 interview-HC Gupta panel asked these Q

1: what is total distance of road in KM of VARANASI?( he has given answer 2400Km )
    2: Name 1 great person born in Varanasi? I named Kabir Das then he asked his philosophy and religion near to his thought.
    3: what are resource available in UP and Varanasi? how to develop them.
    4: why so much Communal tension at Varanasi and Hyderabad?
    5: Ganga River pollution -Impact and how to curb it pollution?
    6: how a constituency represented by PM will get benefit from it?
    7:what you will bring from Hyderabad to Varanasi and vice versa?
    8: why Varanasi one of oldest city left behind by Delhi in growth after 1910 ?
    9:Name the industry which can be developed in Varanasi?
    10: why name Varanasi?
    11: what benefit/consequences will come if UP divided in 4 parts?

there are many but they more focused on Development and its resources.....
    ·
  • That is good initiative..one persistent problem which i experienced in up is erratic electricity supply..any thoughts about this...
    ·
  • @lachicaindu

Let's start with the communal tensions in UP and what possible solutions can there be for it?

Being a sociology student, oderwise an engineer, I see communalism as a symptom of fight for scarse resources. Communalism becomes problematic when ppl start seeing oder's interests as both different and contradictory to theirs.
    However, UP also has some historical reasons behind communal violence.
    I personally dont c many solutions possible till v start developing economically and till our politicians are forced to lure voters on their development agenda than theor religion or caste. I dont see dat happening soon.
    Sorry, for this pessimistic analysis but its just out of hope in UP that I suggest a long term view.
    \m/
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    @ethylamine
    Various important question...
    I think electricity production needs some expert opinion which wud require some research. So cant coment at dis point.
    At the level of distribution, UP is the worst performer in India. It has around 30% transmission loss(check).
    Also people dont pay their bills and believe in sustainable practices like katiyabaaji :D
    Kisi ko agar detain men pata honto please guide us.
    I lived in agra for some time. They have private distribution. Agrites please comment on its impact. I felt it was gud.
    ·
  • Anyone for

Is UP politics healthy for democracy?
    ·
  • bhai up ka division 4 parts me......riots....communal harmony.....ganga rejuvenation....dividend...politics...baki district specific... or koi topic jispe qstns ho sakte ho...plz post...

anyone from Lucknow ?
    Waqt ka takaaza hai, tufaano se jhoojho yaaro.............kab tak chaloge yun kinaare kinaare..
    ·
  • tell me some book please. I am from UP originally but I have never lived there.
    ·
  • @dprofane
    I have given my address as lucknow, but not as my birthplace.
    ·
  • @lachicaindu

Being a sociology student, oderwise an engineer, I see communalism as a symptom of fight for scarse resources. Communalism becomes problematic when ppl start seeing oder's interests as both different and contradictory to theirs.
    However, UP also has some historical reasons behind communal violence.
    I personally dont c many solutions possible till v start developing economically and till our politicians are forced to lure voters on their development agenda than theor religion or caste. I dont see dat happening soon.
    Sorry, for this pessimistic analysis but its just out of hope in UP that I suggest a long term view.
    \m/
    Another reason for communalization of rural UP...most of the muslims are landless agriultural workers. In urban UP..they are mostly artisans and craftsman..so relative deprivation is huge and it needs a small spark to take the form of active hostility.

Solution can be active development of the minority commununity on various HDI parametera.
    ·
  • Anyone for

UP politics is highly divisive and caste based. The voters are seen as vote banks and treated as such, with election sops being announced and then forgotten. Some prominent leaders in recent months have made disparaging remarks about the communal harmony and equation in the state.

Coalitions are often made on caste grounds. All this leads to representation of the erstwhile deprived section of society, which is good but in the long run it dividea the social fabric of society..which makes the rifts more glaring and does not bode well for a civil society.

Higher intellectual inregrity on the part of voters and politicians is definitely needed in UP political landscape

·
  • bhai up ka division 4 parts me......riots....communal harmony.....ganga rejuvenation....dividend...politics...baki district specific... or koi topic jispe qstns ho sakte ho...plz post...

anyone from Lucknow ?
    UP ka division in 4 parts...I feel it should be done keeping the administrative efficiency as the top consideration. Ulterior vote bank motives should not be catered to.

Anything else in this?

·
  • koi gorakhpur ki gk bhi daal do
    ·
  • Anyone for

UP politics is highly divisive and caste based. The voters are seen as vote banks and treated as such, with election sops being announced and then forgotten. Some prominent leaders in recent months have made disparaging remarks about the communal harmony and equation in the state.

Coalitions are often made on caste grounds. All this leads to representation of the erstwhile deprived section of society, which is good but in the long run it dividea the social fabric of society..which makes the rifts more glaring and does not bode well for a civil society.

Higher intellectual inregrity on the part of voters and politicians is definitely needed in UP political landscape

Politics plays an essential role in any democracy. In UP, politics has helped the deprived sections get a united political voice. Also, political class has aided bring harmony to the multi-religious society.
    However, political classes indulging in casteism, communalism and nepotism, has become a common phenomena. The result is widespread corruption and continuing caste and religion based violence.
    ·

• @lachicaindu
    UP ka division in 4 parts...I feel it should be done keeping the administrative efficiency as the top consideration. Ulterior vote bank motives should not be catered to.

Anything else in this?

But how do we know whether smaller states wud b better governed widout actually breaking dem?
    There are examples of both small and big states doing bad or gud on adminsitration.
    Financial viability is also important. How wud bundelkhand survive?
    And more importantly, Perhaps UP's problems cud b solved only if we have a better politics, rising above caste and religion else we may end up wid 4 UP than 1.

PS :: I dont have answers to these questions. So discussiong dem wud help us.
    And friends dont just post questions. I intended this to be an informal discussion thread. Please contribute more.
    ·
  • felllas.. wndrful initiative.....Its better if we cud mention our related districts also...bottom up approach..:)...

me...schooling:: Moradabad...
    Home district: Gautam Budh nagar:
    Permanent addrs: Meerut:
    Present postal address: Ghaziabad:( Indirapuram)..
    further; father being in state govt. service have touched almost all spheres/districts of UP...hence true blood of UP..:)..
    Please put upon as many questions:
    Expected ques:
    1. whether up needs a bifurcation/trifurcation?( current:: advocates agitation demanding a branch of allahabad high court in western part.. advocates in allahabd are protesting against any such move..)..

2. politics here... caste based..what are the concerns?

3. how its industrial development could be accelerated?

4. SWOT Analysis of UP: ( strength/weakness/oppor/threat).

5. baaki district specific ques. put karo yaaro..
    ·
  • Friends, I dint expect ki UP wale itna inactive rahenge.
    Mujhe to laga ki this post wud b grt hit :D
    But Koi jyada interested lag nahi raha... [-(
    ·
  • @Goodboy yar ppl are infact holidaying and celebrating holidays and all these days..some have joined back their jobs also..but dont worry ppl will return here when the result day approaches..till then enjoy!
    SDM :UP-2015
    ·
  • Any idea Uppcs mains 2013 ka result kab tak out hoga?
    ·
  • @vasu
    Bhai it hardly takes half an hour to contribute on the forum. And I roam through my new city for most of the days and evenings. :D
    Still I manage to contribute fruitfully on other discussions which are quite active.
    :P
    ·
  • reasons for up's backwardness.... industrial status....where it is lagging.....law and order....
    Waqt ka takaaza hai, tufaano se jhoojho yaaro.............kab tak chaloge yun kinaare kinaare..
    ·
    by 10th jan..
    SDM :UP-2015
    ·
  • edited January 2015
    @dprofane
    Regarding industrial status,
    Most of the investment goes to well off states like delhi and mh, leaving poor investment for backward states like Up. Thus, poor investment climate.
    Also, law and order, corrution, lack of political will combinely worsen the investment climate.
    Naturally, Up doesnt have rich mineral resources, thus no largescale core industies.
    Thus perhaos, manufacturing is the only possible area but for that excellent infrastructure and connectivity is req, which is unfortunately lacking.
    Oder issues have been discussed earlier. If u have some new points, please share.
    ·

by 10th jan..
    U sure? Anything announced?
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google