Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Israel palestine crises

Isreal people are one of intelligent races... why dnt USA allows them to settle in USA.. it will atleast do justice to isreal people. No arab countries want israel to prosper and develop.
This move certainaly stop killings from both side palestine and israel.
·

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Isreali people are one of the intelligent races... why doesn't USA allow them to settle in USA.. it will at least do justice to Isreali people. None of the Arab countries want Israel to prosper and develop.
    This move will certainly stop killings from both sides i.e. Palestinian and Israeli.

Re-posted after editing the question. Hope you do not mind.
    ·
  • one more thing guys.... is it worth creating Israel?
    as much i see... israel is today lightning rod for killing many terrorists... and its contribution to medicine sci and tec and business enormous...
    what happen if thr were no israel.
    ·
  • avtaar... ya.. i am sorry... will take care next time...
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    ^ Even my English isn't perfect. So never mind. I wish somebody edited my posts too when they see mistakes . :)

Important Discussion by the way.
    ·
  • This was a debate that should have taken place after WW I when the Caliphate of Ottoman was abolished and Balfour created mandates and the thought of a Zionist Israel came into being. Ab behas karke kya fayda :)

Waise what is it that you want to be answered? Why US did not adopt all the Jews?
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
    ·
  • yes. thats what i want to know.. why US didnt adopt jews...
    ·
  • @Thor , which book did you read for world history ? Which one is better for mains point of view.. Lowe or arjun dev. Saw the thread on this but couldn't make up my mind.
    ·
  • @Thor , which book did you read for world history ? Which one is better for mains point of view.. Lowe or arjun dev. Saw the thread on this but couldn't make up my mind.
    Well I read World history from documentaries and Wikipedia. I do not have neither Dev nor Lowe. Also, I am interested in the history of mankind, so pehle se bahut padta tha.

I cannot suggest you any book but look at the qns on WH this year, NEP impact on India, Suez Canal crisis and world happenings in Socio, Political, Economic spheres impact on Indian Nationalism - now tell me which text book you need to read these or where will you find the answers to these qns.
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
    ·
  • yes. thats what i want to know.. why US didnt adopt jews...
    As thor rightly said, the question could have been considered post WW-1. It is also true that the World considered different options for a Jewish homeland, one of which was re-locating the jews to Madagascar. However, Hitler's final solution hastened the matter and the priority shifted to saving them.
    Also it is futile discussing such options now. Jews and the Arabs must find a way to co-exist.
    ·
  • ^^
    I forgot to add one more thing. There was indeed Jewish migration to USA in the first half of 20th century, however public opinion in the US was strongly against it. There is an interesting story that I remember:
    When the jewish migration to the US intensified, US citizens started protesting through public meetings and articles in the press. A US court restricted the freedom to undertake such protests. However, the Jews started a campaign urging the Court not to restrict the freedom of speech of the US citizens, even if that meant negative public opinion against them. ( Voltaire?)
    ·
  • one more thing guys.... is it worth creating Israel?
    as much i see... israel is today lightning rod for killing many terrorists... and its contribution to medicine sci and tec and business enormous...
    what happen if thr were no israel.
    There would always be an Israel. If you've read the Jewish history you'd know that the place which is today Israel along with the West Bank and the Gaza Strip is their 'Promised Land' or the God-given inheritance of the Jewish people.
    The major cause of conflict between the Jews and the Arabs is that both Jews and Palestinians believe they are the intended inheritors of this "divine promise".
    One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.
    ·
  • I guess Israel should act little soft as Israelis were known for their sufferings and historic pain so they should understand others pain and suffering's too. However Hamas and PLO are not son of God but still this is responsibility of Israel to at least accept the identity of other ppl who are also son of soil of that place.
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    @khajoor

While it is true that it was the promised land, it is also true that the Jews never laid a claim to the land solely on the basis of "promised land".
    If you have read the Jewish history you'd know that Jewish migration to Jerusalem had always been triggered by some external events- be it the Spanish inquisition leading to the migration of Sephardi or the massacre under Romanov leading to migration of Ashkenazi and Theodre Herzl reviving the idea of Zionism or be it the Holocaust.
    It is only post Oslo Accords that this argument has been put forward by Israel with force. Of course, this has been the consequence of changed geopolitics.
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    @cestrum_nocturnum

you are right mate.

@khajoor Jews always had the concept of Yerida and Aaliyah, but Yerida was always there under which emigration form Israel and it went for ages leading them to settle everywhere in the world and be a part of the powerful banking & technology circle.

As pointed out, any event in history that threatened Jewish existence triggered Aaliyah which is re-emigration to Israel. Aaliyah was never significant unless circumstances triggered it and holocaust was a big event.

The Hamas attacks and Arab concept of Intifada did bring in more immigration and also wars. The Arab Israeli wars were always seen as existential but I always saw that as geopolitical and getting vantage points. Israel took parts of Jordan, occupied Sinai peninsula - later let to its demilitarization, took Golan Heights - provider of fresh water from Lebanon-Syria.

And we all know Israel was US's NATO ally as the traditional Turkey is waning. US has jumped ships in Middle East as well, Iran-Saudi switch etc.

And finally, as pointed out, Oslo accord gave Israel a voice. Even with EU opposing construction of settlements in 2013, Israel has been going ahead with its agenda of occupation and pushing Palestinians in Gaza.
    ·
  • From what I understand, the land of Israel is central to Judaism. The concept of Promised Land was there when world politics had not even originated. My point here is even if external factors did play a role in the formation of Israel, it would have come into existence nevertheless, because it is the foundation of Judaism. A section of Jews would've made sure this happened either by lobbying with other nations or back-channel talks and so on.
    Those who are interested may refer http://www.jewfaq.org/israel.htm
    One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog