"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening)-5:15PM - 7:15PM & 29th June (Morning)-11AM-1PM ; FREE SEMINAR ON 25TH JUNE, 5.15PM Subject To Availability Of Seats
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal(Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar(Rank-200, 2016) (3) Athar Aamir 1st booklet and 2nd booklet(Rank-2)
ForumIAS Community Meet 2017 on 25th June at 11 AM - You are invited

Dear Friends, ForumIAS Annual Community Meet will be held on June 25th at 11AM in Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi. The Chief Guest for the event will be Suharsh Bhagat, IAS Rank 5, CSE 2014. Come join us , and meet ForumIAS members who have secured ranks this year. Click here to register

Mahapatra Sir or Upendra Sir? Which is Better as per latest trend of papers?

As per the latest trend of Sociology Papers 2013 and 2014, Which is more effective? Classroom coaching of Mahapatra Sir or Upendra Sir? Will their notes suffice
with self study or do we need to take classroom Coaching?
Are these teachers covering the Dynamic part of paper 2 especially the Sociological Perspective compulsory questions? I need the advise urgently as both
are starting their batches.
Kindly advise on the preparation part for paper2.
·

Comments

• Even I wanna add aditya mongra,vikas ranjan n bibhash Sharma name in d list

Out of these 5 (upendra+mahapatra) which is best person to help prepare for exam,as sociology I am able to read n understand but as I have no experience in sociology looking for exam helpful guidance.

Plz reply
    ·
  • I have taken coaching from Mahapatra sir. And after seeing this year paper I found his notes beneficial. Though his teaching style is very different. He does not dictate notes in the class. He teaches in a very random manner. Mixing topics and thinkers. So it becomes a challenging task to understand him in starting.
    ·
  • @iasmaniac @dusrath123
    Best Upendra (he teaches to the point, admirable clarity for paper I. Finally, old is gold... he is able to maintain his consistency), 2nd I'll rank Bibhash Sharma (he too teaches to the point, and the best part is that he teaches the course with combination of both Paper I & Paper II. - recent trend of UPSC 2014 sociology mains question paper is showing the same). 3rd good teacher is Mohapatra (he is admired for Paper II, minus his lofty nostalgic stories about past experiences and his children's achievements). 4th Aditya Mongra (he is also teaching since long time but erratic consistency as a teacher. Nowadays, he has reappeared after some gap. Good teacher.) I would position Vikas Ranjan on 5th position (New teacher but trying to upgrade himself with UPSC trend. When i'm saying 'new' means his presence in teaching field is since couple of years. Good teacher but need more exposer).

Finally, I would like to conclude that no teacher is bad, choose that teacher as your guide who can provide you personal attention.

Lastly, your hard work gets you selected. Teacher is just a facilitator, his experience helps you overcome your flaws, and make you prepare in right direction.
    ·
  • One of my seniors advised me to follow saroj samal's notes for paper 2. i found it good since most of the topics were presented in a simple and lucid manner but can someone clarify whether his notes alone is sufficient from exam point of view?

·
  • edited April 2015
    Upendra is excellent for paper 1 especially thinkers part...but he really rushes for paper2 and doesnt give justice to paper 2 at all.... For this u might have to depend on mahapatra, sinduri notes..

Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
    ·
  • Upendra sir teaches very well...Although he teaches at a very slow pace but you can understand very well... Especially the thinkers, he explains each and every terminology very clearly.
    ·
  • I have read upendras sir notes and presently studying in mahapatra sirs class
    except few areas like unit 2(data collection etc) of paper1,i found it good....(personal opinion)
    and ya he relates topics with contemporary scenario
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
    except few areas like unit 2(data collection etc) of paper1,i found it good....(personal opinion)
    How many months does it take to mahapatra to complete the syllabus ?
    CSM-2014
    CSM-2015
    ·
  • edited April 2015
    @Dharma
    yaar that is also one negative point i failed to mention ....abhi complete nahi hua but roughly...4 n half months :|
    but i have gained a lot
    hopefully it will help in mains
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·

How many months does it take to mahapatra to complete the syllabus ?
    Bhai mahapatra sir took full 6 months to complete our course; though he did not taught every topic but whatever he taught was quite apt for new trend. That was an election year and lot of things were going on and he beautifully interlinked everything with the discipline. Perhaps that is the reason he took so much time

Only thing which everyone hated about him was that he stopped dictating notes in our batch and our repetitive request went in vain. So we had to struggle hard to listen and write at the same time. And 20 days before batch ended he started taking 5 hours classes.
    ·
  • Any idea....anybody with sociology option having cleared the mains??...
    "as a devout atheist, thank God that in His almighty wisdom, he made us mortal" - Norman Finkelstein
    ·
  • Can anybody give review of Saroj Samal Sociology,Nice ias,Crack ias sociology printed notes?
    "God is great"
    ·
  • Anyone please?
    "God is great"
    ·
  • can anyone tell whats the qualification of Upendra sir? and result of his students?
    ·
  • Can anybody give review of Saroj Samal Sociology,Nice ias,Crack ias sociology printed notes?
    Saroj Samal is good

·
  • which notes are good to follow ?? vajirams 5 volumes or uias 3 volumes ?? please give your feedback
    ·
  • Guys, just download the PDF on Guidelines for Sociology Optional as provided by Aditya Mongra Sir. Just read it and download all his notes from his Facebook Group: Sociology @ Aditya Mongra. All the very best.
    ·
  • Here it is for your reference.
    pdf
    pdf
    Guidelines - August 2015.pdf
    ·
  • Please suggest best notes for sociology optional
    ·
  • can anyone please suggest about aditya mongra's classes i m planning to join so guidance needed
    ·
  • Best teacher for Sociology. His focus on answer-writing and providing personal attention gives him an edge over others.
    ·
  • Sab ke notes lo. Mix kar ke padho.. No need to waste money on one teacher. Paper 2 nobody can complete paper 1 upendra is good
    To you, I'm an atheist
    To God, I'm the loyal opposition
    ·
  • Is anyone attending Upendra Sir's test series for 2015 mains?
    ·
  • Mahapatra is vast unorganised dichotomous chaotic
    ·
  • Mahapatra is a selfish and business minded teacher who intentionally does not dictate notes so that people keep taking coaching drom him,, his class notesare trash and deserve to be in bins
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google