[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

[CSE Mains 2017] Chemistry optional discussion

It is very difficult to find guys with chemistry optional. i hope to find some of them here.
so guys how was ur chemistry paper 1 and 2??
·

Comments

• how much all of you attempted?? in paper 1 and 2 ??
    ·
  • i felt difficulty level higher than last year
    ·
  • hey, i am having chemistry optional. Can you please upload this year's chemistry mains paper ? TIA :)
    ·
  • I also have the chemistry optional. but I didn't prepared even a single line. last time I read chemistry was 2.5 years back during engg. still paper was too easy,much easier than 2013. attempted 90&66.We can have future discussions and planning here.
    ·
  • Physical was easiest,inorganic was predictable. Regarding organic,no idea. But very few people have Chemistry and still fewer attend. In my center in Mumbai,only 3 guys had chemistry,out of which only I appeared for exam.
    ·
  • @vinnyiitr bhai are you teaching in allen kota?
    ·
  • I also have the chemistry optional. but I didn't prepared even a single line. last time I read chemistry was 2.5 years back during engg. still paper was too easy,much easier than 2013. attempted 90&66.We can have future discussions and planning here.
    Bhai attempted 90,66 or 190/166 ??
    ·
  • @vinnyiitr bhai are you teaching in allen kota?
    Bhai that should be a secret

@-) :P
    ·
  • Last year in my 1st attempt , I attempted 460-70 with correct attempt of around 370 and I got 225 after moderation . Attended interview last year
    This year I attempted around 470-80 but lag rha hai
    330-360 will be correct .. Felt paper to be tougher than last year :\">
    ·
  • @vinnyiitr I was asking coz if you are in kota only in Allen you can get the time for prep in any other institute strict no no as they take too much work
    ·
  • @vinnyiitr I was asking coz if you are in kota only in Allen you can get the time for prep in any other institute strict no no as they take too much work
    I work in Kota and not Allen and I get 4-5 hrs daily to study despite taking 4 classes a day!

:)>-
    ·
    Btw did u give mains?? U also teaching??

·
  • hey, i am having chemistry optional. Can you please upload this year's chemistry mains paper ? TIA :)
    it will be uploaded on upsc website soon. if you need it urgently let me know :)

·
  • @vinnyiitr: great yaar after taking 4 classes per day you are able to extract 4 5 hours. ^:)^ I usually have to prepare a lot before taking class. No I have not given mains this time
    ·
  • @vinnyiitr: lease send the paper, tired off looking @ web
    Rise, awake and stop not till the goal is achieved!
    ·
  • hey, it's my first attempt and preparing from basics as i have some notes of my 11 & 12 class while preparing in bansal classes, kota.. it would be great if you can upload or email me the paper... how you guys are preparing ( or prepared, if already done) for this optional.. sources of notes, strategy ? what if i give some 3-4 hours a day, how many months it can take? TIA
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    my email id: lolipopdave@gmail.com
    we can have a facebook group if you guys want and do add me there as well.. my facebook id : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008727610002
    ·
  • Yaar mujhe bhi tough laga specially paper 1 420 ka attempt hai total
    ·
  • @vinnyiitr: great yaar after taking 4 classes per day you are able to extract 4 5 hours. ^:)^ I usually have to prepare a lot before taking class. No I have not given mains this time
    U also teach in Kota ?? From iit?
    ·
  • hey, it's my first attempt and preparing from basics as i have some notes of my 11 & 12 class while preparing in bansal classes, kota.. it would be great if you can upload or email me the paper... how you guys are preparing ( or prepared, if already done) for this optional.. sources of notes, strategy ? what if i give some 3-4 hours a day, how many months it can take? TIA
    I will upload is as soon as possible.. Most probably today itself .. IIT jee notes wouldn't be enough .. Take Abhijeet Aggrawal notes as reference. (Search on Google) 3-4 for chemistry would take at least 6 months to 1 year depending on your foundational strength .
    ·
  • @ Vinny paper 1 and 2 mein alag -2 kitna attempt kiya
    ·
    220 in paper 1 and 250 in paper 2 but correct should be 330-350 :-((
    ·
    Aapke individual attempt??
    ·
  • Yaa nit
    ·
  • 210 in paper 1 and 225 in paper 2
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog