Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

'Creamy layer' criteria for sons/daughters of psu/bank employees.

edited December 2014 in Miscellaneous
can any 1 clarify ,what is creamy layer criteria for sons/daughters of psu/ bank employees .?
as we know class of service determines non CreamyLayer status in case of central/state govt employees not salaried income. but for psu/bank rules state about equivalence vis-a-vis central govt services or income test.
my father is psu bank employee and is posted as manager scale 1.his income is above 6 lakhs .will i be eligible for non CL certificate?
pls sm1 from bank/ psu background share your experience.
·

Comments

• Refer obc guru.com
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    Salaried income not counted in the income criteria but your father should not be a class1direct recruit if he joins as a class 2employee he should not be promoted to class1 before age of 40
    ·
  • can any 1 clarify ,what is creamy layer criteria for sons/daughters of psu/ bank employees .?
    as we know class of service determines non CreamyLayer status in case of central/state govt employees not salaried income. but for psu/bank rules state about equivalence vis-a-vis central govt services or income test.
    my father is psu bank employee and is posted as manager scale 1.his income is above 6 lakhs .will i be eligible for non CL certificate?
    pls sm1 from bank/ psu background share your experience.

wards of scale 1 officers are not eligible for cl.it applies for all banks/psu/state/central/semi/govt institutes.
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    Your parent(s) should not have been recruited as a Group I officer or should not have been recruited as a Group II officer and gotten promoted as a Group I officer before the age of 40.
    But, if your parent had gotten recruited as a Group III or a Group IV officer and THEN promoted as a Group I officer before the age of 40, you would be considered as a candidate under the non-creamy category. Not withstanding the promotions, the past three years income of parent should not be more than 6 lacs per annum. For this, you need to submit IT returns of the past three years. Also, if your parent(s) have income from agricultural land or own agricultural land over a prescribed limit (decided by the revenue officer), it should be declared while you apply for the non-creamy certificate.

Documents required as proof for the aforementioned items:
    1) Your parent(s)'s recruitment order (or) proof to show that he/she was recruited as a Group III/Group IV officer at the time of recruitment. (OR) In case, the parent was promoted as a Group I officer after the age of 40, relevant proof for the same.

2) IT returns of the parent(s) for the last three financial years.

3) Proof of you belonging to an OBC caste as specified under the Gazette, clearly mentioning the state and central list number of your caste.

4) Proof of your father's caste in the form of his TC (transfer certificate) from the last attended educational institution.

Source: A government document I obtained from the Revenue officer when I went to inquire about the same for myself. The officer said there is a copy of it online. I remember finding it, but not able to retrace it now.. If I find it again, will upload it here.

Important Note: Most of the times, a non-creamy certificate is valid for one year from the date of issue. And it takes around 15-21 working days to obtain one (if you take the no-bribe route). So, calculate accordingly if you are planning to get one.
    ·
  • thnx every1 for responding.
    @digdeep

as per rules for psu/bank /insurance employees , equivalent post /position will be determined vis- a vis central/state govt,pending the evaluation of the posts on equivalent or comparable basis in these institutions, the criteria specified in Category VI( income test) below will apply to the officers in these Institutions.
    so i want to know whether these evaluations have been performed for psu/bank employees. i googled and could not find any document.
    how these institutions employees are treated with regard to creamy layer status ?
    @mrlobo

but scale1 is different from class A.
    a bank manager can never be equivalent to SDN/CO
    ·
  • ashish85

the whole funda is defined for proper govt officers,

for others the income criteria will apply
    ·
  • the thing is for govt employees there is no income criteria, only criteria is the service status of candidate's parents. Income test is applicable when there is no equivalence of posts vis a vis government grades as that of govt, psu employees.. here as per the latest rules the income should not exceed 6 lakhs...for this last 3 years IT return is required and if any of the year has less than 6 lakhs income of parents then candidate comes under non creamy layer...

This is what I know and I have confirmed from many...
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
    ·
  • i think then income criteria will be the determinant...
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
    ·
  • Try national commission for backward class website....
    Pursuit of knowledge is an end in itself.
    ·
  • Can I get a obc reservation if my father joined as a government employee class 3 worker and presently his salary is more than 7 lacs?
    ·
  • What if I have used obc to get into grade A service..what will happen to the very next attempt in civil services? Whether i would be countrd as obc or general?
    ISM Dhanbad 2014
    APFC 2015
    CSE 201*
    ·
  • my son is selected as officer scale 1 in regional rural bank. This job is equivalent to which class of government post? Can he awail the benefit of non creamy layer of OBC?
    ·
  • kunta said:

my son is selected as officer scale 1 in regional rural bank. This job is equivalent to which class of government post? Can he awail the benefit of non creamy layer of OBC?

His income is not considered while determining non creamy layer status but your income is considered. No matter what position he holds or how much he earns.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog