NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Internet connection help (Delhi waalon)

edited December 2014 in Tools & Technology
I will be moving to delhi for my preparations, kindly suggest me some good internet service provider. i will prefer modem, 3g services. @Seniors, who are already putting up in Delhi please give your suggestions. PS: I surf very much and rely on online sources. I cross 10 15 gb usually. waiting for your guidelines. 8->
·

Comments

• There are few local service providers in ORN,,bt wer r u gonna stay in delhi.?"?
    ·
  • Airtel. In my view, it wins hands down.
    ·
  • I have a 25GB/2mbps/500rs/30days connection at ORN,,,service provider name is TEN to TEN...it's better n economical
    ·
  • or
    There are few local service providers in ORN,,bt wer r u gonna stay in delhi.?"?
    orn or near ksg....
    ·
  • I have a 25GB/2mbps/500rs/30days connection at ORN,,,service provider name is TEN to TEN...it's better n economical
    ten to ten? never heard of it. can you please be specific, like service provider is? aircel, airtel? and what is the downloading speed that you get? is it a modem based device?
    ·
  • As I mentioned these are local service providers just like your local cable to at home..not pan india brand cum cellphone companies like airtel,aircel...they just pull wires to your room n giv connection to your router,,no telephone connection required
    ·
  • As I mentioned these are local service providers just like your local cable to at home..not pan india brand cum cellphone companies like airtel,aircel...they just pull wires to your room n giv connection to your router,,no telephone connection required
    ohh! thank you so much. and about dl speed?
    ·
  • It's 2mbps for 500rs/ month and options to choose for high speeds
    ·
  • ohk! thnank you!! :)
    ·
  • MTNL is also good. YouTube video can be seen without buffering. The supply bandwidth is 768 kbps for Rs 750 per month.
    ·
  • @orange
    Net lgwane ka kitna alg se ??
    Upsc upsc upsc upsc .!! Aur upsc !!
    ·
  • It's an unlimited data plan. Initial cost is Rs 1800 (Out of this Rs 1000 is security deposit, which will be returned when you close the connection) + modem cost (approx Rs 2000, for wifi model).
    ·
  • @kaaliyo
    Please make an informed decision regarding taking MTNL. There internet connection is ok. But service is extremely poor and you will have to waste a lot of man-days going to the "Sanchaar haat" at karol bagh to get things set right. And biggest problem is connection surrender, it will be a full 1 day process. Since you have to run from pillar to post getting clearance from countless departments. And they didn't even give me my security back because I could not find the original receipt of payment (made long ago).
    If you want quality service, go for Airtel only. Awesome service, just e-mail them any problem and they call back plus take action.
    If you want cheap, go for Ten to Ten.
    ·
  • I used Ten to ten in ORN for 6 months. Plan unlimited 700 waala. Till 6 gb speed is 2mbps then it drops down to 786kbps
    ·
  • @kaaliyo
    Please make an informed decision regarding taking MTNL. There internet connection is ok. But service is extremely poor and you will have to waste a lot of man-days going to the "Sanchaar haat" at karol bagh to get things set right. And biggest problem is connection surrender, it will be a full 1 day process. Since you have to run from pillar to post getting clearance from countless departments. And they didn't even give me my security back because I could not find the original receipt of payment (made long ago).
    If you want quality service, go for Airtel only. Awesome service, just e-mail them any problem and they call back plus take action.
    If you want cheap, go for Ten to Ten.
    I used Ten to ten in ORN for 6 months. Plan unlimited 700 waala. Till 6 gb speed is 2mbps then it drops down to 786kbps
    thank you!! that summed it i guess, i'll go for ten to ten.
    ·
  • @all, for orn its ten to ten. but any info about vijay nagar, near ksg???
    ·
  • @hungry4more In North Campus, there are only few ISPs like Airtel, Reliance, MTNL. So, you don't have much options here like ORN.

I would suggest to go with airtel for speed and stability of connection. But, their plans are albeit costly.
    ·
  • I used Ten to ten in ORN for 6 months. Plan unlimited 700 waala. Till 6 gb speed is 2mbps then it drops down to 786kbps
    how is hathway at patel nagar or karol bagh ?any users here? also is ten to ten available at these place apart from orn . Are you all talking about wired connection or login based public wifi?
    jungle jungle baat chali hai pata chala hai .......
    Hakuna Matata , What a wonderful phrase
    Hakuna Matata , Ain't no passing craze
    ·
  • @UjjalBharat yea, airtel is so very costly. :( what about MTS?
    ·
  • Used both Tata Photon Plus and MTS and did not have a good experience with both them. Dumped them and finally I am satisfied with airtel.

As far as MTS goes, there has been a lot of complaints of it being unstable with fluctuating speeds. So go their office, take a demo and check out for yourself.

What you can do is go with airtel broadband now and then after 3 months apply for disconnection. You will be called by their Nodal Office and you will be offered attractive retention plans like 2mbps@800 bucks for 9 GB. These retention plans are not available for the general public and are only for existing customers.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google