43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Self study for Mathematics optional for CSE 2015

I chose to take mathematics as an optional subject for UPSC cse-2015. i'm presently doing self study but slowly lacking motivation so I'm afraid i will lose my consistency. I would post my daily progress, doubts etc. in this thread. Let the discussion flow as it will motivate everyone who participates in the discussion.
·

Comments

• @haindavik i am also preparing for 2015 with maths ,and doing in self mode.
    and deeply interested in coordinative and cooperative study.plz share your maths plan.
    i have just started with modern algebra
    ·
  • @neuron25 i have started ODE and am still at first order first degree..will complete first order but not first degree today
    ·
  • @haindavik ok bro keep it up
    ·
  • Im interested too
    ·
  • m interested as well
    ·
  • All,
    I have read booklist given by kashish mittal and Prakashraj purohit’s blog which mostly says topic name and Krishna series.
    Could someone post the exact name topic/Author/publisher wise?
    Thanks,
    @qcpass7,@Ben_Ten,@haindavik ,@neuron25
    ·
  • @neuron25
    How are you finding Abstract Algebra?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • hello dear friends ....this is janeb.....till now we were different but since all off our mission is same i.e ias and through same optional mathematics....so from now we will share each part of our study and plan so that we could able to know that what is our progress rate ..?
    ·
  • edited January 2015
    today i will decide that for which subject which book should i follow ...?ie either vashitha or shantinarayan?....?if any one can suggest me then i will be greately thankfull... :)>-
    ·
  • if anybody is interested in completing whole mathematics syllabus in 6-8 months parallely with others then i am ready,,,,....is there anyone else?
    ·
  • linear algebra ---- vasistha and sharma krishna series and Schuam's outline series "Linear Algebra" by 'Seymour Lipschutz' and 'Marc Lipson'.

modern abstract algebra ----- vasishtha krishna publications

matrices------- Vasishtha and Vasishtha (Krishna Series)
    real analysis-------" Elements of Real Analysis" by M.D. Raisinghania
    differntial calculus------Differential Calculus by Shanti Narayan (S. Chand)
    integral calculus--------Integral Calculus by Shanti Narayan (S. Chand)
    3d and solid geomtery----------------shantinarayan and p.n chaterjee rajhans publications
    ordinary and partial differtial equations--------------M.D. Raisinghania of S. Chand publication
    complex analysis------------krishna series
    linear programming------------krishna series
    vector algebra-----------------krishna series
    statics------------krishna series
    dynamics---------------krishna series
    numeric analysis---------------krishna series
    fluid dynamics-------------------M.D. Raisinghania of S. Chand publication

this is the most referenced list ....so i want to share it to all of my friends.....
    ·
  • i will start by matrices, then linear algebra, then 3d and solid geometry,, then differntial calculus,,then integral calculus ,then ordinary and partial diffrential equation....then afterwards i will share ...first let me complete all these within 2 months...i will share whatever and however i will complete...if i will find any problem then i hope that many of my friends will certainly help me.....thanks
    ·
  • edited January 2015
    @janeb,
    thanks for info shared so far regarding book list.
    best of luck.
    I have started with preparation for cse2015 with mathematics optional.
    ·
  • @janeb
    cool ref books.
    But before proceeding, Link the chapters ( irrespective of p-1 or p-2 ), so that it is easy to understand the topics and also revision.
    All the best.
    @ Son_Of_Soil
    ·
  • @ptkyadav thanks bro.....but can you help in linking those chapters which you told ...
    ·
  • Can anyone please tell if we have to skip any chapter of MD raisinghania of ordinary and partial diffrentiation and if we can directly start preparation with ODE & PDE
    ·
  • Anybody can share the pdf of integral calculus by shanti?
    ·
  • @Mathlover brother i would suggest you buy the hard copy of the essential books..
    ·
  • hello friends my name is Gaurav, I am too planning of taking mathematics as optional, friends I am facing problem in calculus part, kindly suggest which book to follow and parts to cover
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google