How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

[week1] [NEW] 12-19 dec.'12. Weekly Download "The Hindu Editorials" PDF

edited December 2012 in Current Affairs
As we already know that The Hindu editorials are of immense importance as far as UPSC exam is concerned.
The Hindu Editorials help us to expand the horizons of our thinking capabilities and develop our innate quality of logical interpretation along with the generalisation skills.
Also, I learned that many IAS aspirants needed The Hindu editorials in the PDF format so that they can download it in their devices for offline reading. But the glitch was that it was not available in PDF. But not anymore !!!!
I have brought a solution for it.
Here I will post the download links of all the "The Hindu" editorials PDF created by me on the weekly basis. No hassles anymore. ;-) You just need to click once and get the whole week's editorials content downloaded as-it-is.
No need to browse the editorials daily. Once-in-a-week download will save much of your time and energy.

----------
12th TO 19th Dec.2012 The Hindu Editorial PDF file.Click the below given link to download.
http://sheen1.comuv.com/uploads/sheen.12-19dec.hinEdt.pdf
-------------
The downloadable PDF of the week 2: 20th to 27th Dec. will be available here on 28th Dec.
-------------

Suggestions / feedbacks are welcome.

Best regards.
sheen.

Comments

• awesome work _/\_

can you somehow cover up past editorials? nov-dec?
    philosophy | 2013 - first attempt || Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn
  • awesome work _/\_

can you somehow cover up past editorials? nov-dec?
    You can use google reader. It compiles all for you.
    http://mrunal.org/2012/10/tech-read-the-hindu-online-efficiently-via-google-reader-ias-upsc.html
    “So many books, so little time.” ― Frank Zappa | Indian Police Service 2013
  • @sheen , First of all I would like to thank you for making this effort.

As someone who has been around here for long, I will just give you a heads up about the articles we need to do and those we need to ignore from exam point of view.

Doors make buses safer -> Good: Gives you some idea of public commutation safety

In and out before you know it -> Not required. More politics than academics

The price of compromise -> Not required

End of the road for BJP in Karnataka -> Not required

Sheltering the urban poor -> Excellent+ Essential Read

Look out for the overseas worker -> Good and informative

Ageing with dignity -> Good and informative

Muddy waters, made muddier -> Not relevant again

Letting Mali slide -> Required

America’s gun madness -> Not for mains + Required for PI

Standstill policy -> Required

Note that when I say Not Required, It means not relevant ONLY from exam point of view. This is also not criticism, but only a pointer on how we can make our filtering and selection criterion better, something that we learn only after 2-3 attempts at UPSC.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • @sheen Are you not able to upload the documents here? I have downloaded yours and attached it below:-

pdf
    pdf
    sheen_12-19dec.pdf
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • edited December 2012
    @Neyawn

Yes. I totally agree with you,sir.
    I don't feel criticized at all. Infact, I consider myself lucky to get your genuine advice. It was really helpful. Thanks a lot.
  • @sheen I am glad it was well taken :-)
  • Awesome work
  • @sheen
    I would like to thank you for a brilliant initiative.
    Also i am having difficulty in downloading from your link.When i click it takes me to the following site :
    error404.000webhost.com/?

I dont know what the problem is,so it would be great if you can help to sort it out ?
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
  • Anyone interested in activating this thread and going on till mains 2013. It would be of gr8 help if people can consolidate editorials of not only 'Hindu' But 'Indian Express' as well.

The quality of IE editorials has improved with Sanjay Baru, Sorabjee and others writing often
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
  • @LuV It means the project has been abandoned.

@Thor Good thing with IE is that one can download it in PDF format. Just save the required pages and compile a list/index to ensure easy access to required editorial in the future.
  • @Luv @Thor @AragornTheKing
    Guys, I had computer system with me when I started that little project.
    Then my laptop got damaged. I do not have any computer with me now. It is difficult to maintain a website with a mobile phone. GUI does not work upto the mark. So, that site has been made defunct.
    Sorry friends.
  • Oh !!!
    Anyways it was a nice initiative on your part.
    ;-)
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog