43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Best Book for International Relations (Ganguly OR Sikri OR Khanna)?

edited November 2014 in International Relations
Sumit Ganguly
OR
Rajiv Sikri
OR
V N Khanna??????
·

Comments

• Giving mains?

P.s. I have read Sikri and i found it good.
    Manzil mile na mile ye to muqaddar ki baat hain, Hum koshish bhi na kare ye toh galat baat hain.
    ·
  • I have read Dixit( NBT) and sikri. Sikri is better of the two
    ·
  • Any Notes (Short)? Thanks in advance.
    Believe best is yet to come.
    ·
  • Is there a need to even read an IR book? Isn't following newspapers and maintaining a record of all the MoU's,agreements,visits of dignitaries for an year would suffice for mains?

@Confused_soul Sikri and all these IR books are for historical perspective,right? ^which I believe is absolutely de-emphasised by UPSC and they are majorly concentrating in current sets of events. Please correct me if I am wrong!

·
  • Is there a need to even read an IR book? Isn't following newspapers and maintaining a record of all the MoU's,agreements,visits of dignitaries for an year would suffice for mains?

@Confused_soul Sikri and all these IR books are for historical perspective,right? ^which I believe is absolutely de-emphasised by UPSC and they are majorly concentrating in current sets of events. Please correct me if I am wrong!
    For those giving mains, I would say that an IR book with historical perspective is not required. Sikri, for example, has stuff only pre 2009 and does not include recent developments such as BRICS, Arab spring etc.

Focus on current stuff, and get a historical perspective on specific events by reading online.
    ·
  • @Redemptionseeker : True.
    I read it because i am having interest in IR.

Its not that books for IR is mandatory but one can read if he is having ample of time. Thats why my first question was 'are you giving mains'?

Secondly, newspaper will suffice for 80% of the IR things but you need to have a historical perspective for few things like israel-palestine, etc.
    Manzil mile na mile ye to muqaddar ki baat hain, Hum koshish bhi na kare ye toh galat baat hain.
    ·
  • Have Ravindran's notes appeared in the market?
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.
    ·
  • Giving mains?

P.s. I have read Sikri and i found it good.
    Yeah...
    ·
  • @Gupta : Forger Sikri. Its a waste then.
    either follow vaji or chokkalingham
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google