ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Pune study group and coaching

edited November 2014 in Coaching & Websites
Hi everyone. This is Mukta. Using my friends account bcoz my login isn't working. Anyway., I am from Mumbai and I didn't find good coaching there. Now I have shifted to pune for my 2015 attempt and trying to find some institutes which will focus on personal guidance than just finishing syllabus. I need classes only for gs. I am doing optional on my own.

How is dyanadeep or success academy as compared to unique? Anyone has any idea?

Prabodhini and chanakya don't hv fresh batches as of now.

Also, serious candidates do contact me. I need a study group.

Comments

• Try synergy institute..unique and chanakya are pathetic... Success is Ok ok
    Don't know about dyandeep
  • I attended one demo lec of synergy. But they have far too many people in one batch. Don't know how the personal attention will be. Also, I haven't heard good reviews about it from serious candidates. Are you a synergy student?
  • I too have attended their demo lecture in oct batch...it was average.,,.but didnt join it.. i thought ki GS ka self study hi accha rahega....whats your optional?
  • Go for Jnana prabodhini academy. It's only good academy for gs in pune. .it is in sadashiv Perth. .
  • Hi I am from pune only
    Go for Jnana prabodhini academy and it's in sadashiv Peth. It's only good academy for gs in pune bakki sab pathetic hai, no professionalism in teaching at all. . . .I have done my coaching from delhi. .my friends told me about Jnana probodhini. .they have taken coaching from there. .All the best. .
  • If you don't get admission in prabodhini. .it's better to do self study rather than wasting money on other useless coaching..
  • I am thinking about dyanadeep. One sir from jana prabodhini has started it. Now admissions in prabodhini are not open.
  • Instead of that do self study or join some coaching in delhi. .don't waste money and time on other institute in pune then whosoever started it in pune. .
  • I vote for self study, given the changed and vastness of syllabus, need to read diverse material and yet retain it, one can ill afford to go to coaching, put time in the journeys to and from the coaching centres (put aside the time to take rest); still after that its the self study that will matter. I have read most of the interviews of 2013 toppers, they all had one thing in common - 90% self study and only referred few coaching notes which they didnt find much useful. Books are there, materials are there, all that is needed is a planned self study and constant revisions. For everything else there are online forums and mrunal.org. Study groups are useful for resource sharing, to share anxiety and to compete. I am from mumbai and have formed a separate thread for mumbai/pune aspirants. Hope it works well. I request all mumbai/pune aspirants to contact me to start a serious group for IAS2015.
  • edited November 2014
    Yes I agree. However, I need coaching only for guidance and answer checking and for meeting some serious candidates. in Mumbai my first attempt was based on trial and error.
  • edited November 2014
    Yes I agree. However, I need coaching only for guidance and answer checking and for meeting some serious candidates. in Mumbai my first attempt was based on trial and error.
    I am in if you want a serious candidate for group studies..

email: ntg.life123[at]gmail[dot]com
  • I am also serious candidate from mumbai. This is my first attempt. (Writing main).

PS : currently i am not in mumbai. if interested drop a message.
    Believe best is yet to come.
  • Okay.. Lets form a whatsapp group.
  • edited November 2014
    M also interested...
  • Whoever is interested, pls share your Contact details on my wall. Thanks.
  • edited November 2014
    Please send your contact details on my email I'd I.e. upscstudygroup[at]gmail[dot]com so our no. Will remain secret from unwanted people. I will create what's app group for us. .interested people plz send your details n no. Thanks
  • edited November 2014
    Sorry it's upscstudygroup2015[at]gmail[dot]com plz send on it. .
  • edited November 2014
    Sorry again it's upscgroupstudy2015[at]gmail[dot]com. .it's final sorry guys
  • I am basically from pune and done my coaching from vajiram and Ravi institute for civil services - 2013 batch. .now I am preparing in pune. .I am also in search of serious candidate for group study. .plz leave your contact on above gmail account for what's app group. .Thanks
  • any reviews about chanakya mandal pune or mumbai?
  • hi i sent mail to u plz check
  • edited November 2014
    Mumbai One is pathetic. Pune one is good.
  • Hi everyone. This is Mukta. Using my friends account bcoz my login isn't working. Anyway., I am from Mumbai and I didn't find good coaching there. Now I have shifted to pune for my 2015 attempt and trying to find some institutes which will focus on personal guidance than just finishing syllabus. I need classes only for gs. I am doing optional on my own.

How is dyanadeep or success academy as compared to unique? Anyone has any idea?

Prabodhini and chanakya don't hv fresh batches as of now.

Also, serious candidates do contact me. I need a study group.
    For personal attention Synergy Pune was useless.Its way too crowded with non-serious candidates.See if you can find contact of Abhijeet Patil Sir,good for answer writing and essay.Atul Lande Sir though good is too busy printing money.

No idea about dnyandeep,unique or success.But you can sure join them for test series and see for yourself first-hand as to how they are.

Chanakya is more like love or hate it type.If you are the study-only types you will be left disappointed here as they focus A LOT on other things which are redundant from exam point of view..If Dharmadhikari Sir thinks you got spark then personal attention will be guaranteed.

Heard a lot about Pravin Chavan but have no personal experience.Been told he gives personal attention with weekly tests.

Best in Pune is ofcourse Dnyan Prabodhini but their batches become full in April itself haha.

My advice:
    Find some really good,serious and smart friends in Pune.Avoid coaching,just join test series. Also avoid over-thinking on coaching phenomena.If you are disciplined and can think logically in even the most stressed conditions than coaching will be a sheer waste of time for you.
    Dissect the syllabus in and out,read newspaper veryy diligently with the syllabus in mind.Keep the sources limited and think a lot,always have that analytical view.Practice answer writing from on your own from now onwards itself...go from simple questions at first(before pre) to not so simple ones after pre.Study for both pre and mains

Sweat saves blood.
  • Also don't think of going to Delhi,they will be even worse than the one's in Pune.
    Sweat saves blood.
  • Thanks! Yes, I am in pune. Decided not to go to Delhi.
  • Anybody experienced enough, please compare advantages / disadvantages for Pune vs Delhi..dont want to join any coaching...thinking of shifting from home before prelims 2015...i am from Thane
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • @OptimusPrime
    your views?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
  • @OptimusPrime
    your views?
    Bhai i don't really think i am qualified enough to voice my views on this and a person who has stayed at both places would be more apt to comment on this.
    However,i will give a general advice.If you are done with basics then it will be a waste of time and money to join any class for GS whether in Pune or Delhi.For optional go to Delhi only(again depends on your optional)
    Rest i will give you the same advice as i gave for @karansood
    Sweat saves blood.
  • @OptimusPrime
    Dont wanna join any GS coaching..wanted good test series for perlims and mains..currently into vision's tests...any good test series in pune for that purpose?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog