MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Doubt regarding OBC annexure

edited January 2016 in Official Exam Process
I have doubts regarding OBC annexure. I hope senior members will be able to guide me.
1. Do we have to send OBC annexure along with print out of DAF. It is not expressly written anywhere in either instructions or mains notification. All that is mentioned is obc certificate and undertaking.

2. If yes, what proofs or documents are to be attached with obc annexure.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 1. Yes, you have to send the OBC annexure along with DAF.

2. Required documents are your parents' IT returns for last three years and proof of property/wealth details. If you don't have these, just send the annexure atleast. The documents can be submitted after selection.
  • @sarvana_ips my father is retired for the past 2 years...in that case I don't have IT returns...so what should be done in this case...and also let me know what we need to submit in proof of property/wealth and how does it effect on OBC category.
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
  • @aman131 If your father is liable to furnish wealth tax returns for three consecutive years or if you have irrigated agri lands(or a combination of irrigated and unirrigated), then certain provisions exist which could disentitle you to the benefits of OBC reservation.
  • @abirami my father owns only house and no agri lands...also he is retired for the past 2 years?
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
  • @aman31 In that case, he would be exempted. Wealth tax liability doesn't depend on retirement. It is basically a test of your combined wealth(car + jewellery + vacant land + houses lying idle). If this exceeds 30 L, you'd fall under the wealth tax limit.

In your case, you don't based on the info you have given.
  • @aman131 , Just send the IT returns which your parents paid before they retired. Regarding wealth details, you have to send a copy of wealth tax payment receipt. I think there is some limit above which you won't be considered an OBC. Don't know how much is it.

Again I'm saying don't waste time in getting these. Just fill the annexure and send it. They can be submitted after selection.
  • Do we need to fill all the details in point number 5 if father is currently not in service and is retired a year ago?
    That point mentions 'if in service' ...(details)... Really confused as reading of hindi and english part gives 2 different meanings. TIA
  • @Abirami @Saravana_ips please help with my query
  • My father is a retired govt. servant, so I've filled it as such.

So for point no.5, I've stated that he is an ACP(Retd) and I have filled in other details as well - his post at recruitment, the Group to which he belonged. Like @Saravana_ips says, I think it's better to give the details and not worry about this too much - if selected, UPSC would ask for more details.
  • @saravana sir: writting mains 1st tme,i want to knw if i m nt able to get obc certificate in the prescribed format b4 filling my daf ...shud i attach the older one...are they gona cancel my form? n one more thing can i provide the returns details after my selection as i may nt be able to furnish that rt nw....thanx in advance....
  • hey anyone aware of the format of obc certificate issued by UP government ( to the recently included Jat community). mine is different from that asked by upsc.. the resolution no. mentioned in it is also different .. plz reply
  • hey anyone aware of the format of obc certificate issued by UP government ( to the recently included Jat community). mine is different from that asked by upsc.. the resolution no. mentioned in it is also different .. plz reply
    My advise & reason -

Send certificate what you already have,

Reason- Time is limited to get a new one, & same certificate date you must have quoted in Prelims forms, Just remember to send undertaking as given in instructions.. If needed they will ask to submit a new one after mains result. Also why we should suffer if state government format is different than required by centre. Its National Commission job to take care of format being used by different states & bring cordination among them..

I am also doing same, mine is from Haryana, format 30 percent different, issued in 2013.
  • @jamesprincep , what do mean by you can't get? You've already mentioned the date in the application, didn't you? Submit only that. If that one gets rejected then you can get a new one. They'll not reject your form whatsoever.
  • @jamesprincep , what do mean by you can't get? You've already mentioned the date in the application, didn't you? Submit only that. If that one gets rejected then you can get a new one. They'll not reject your form whatsoever.
  • my father works in a sugar factory but it is seasonal job as factory works only in 5 winter months main occupation is agriculture.
    in
    5a. profession of father: should i write farming or job
    5b. works in govt or private org: if i have written farming in 5a how should i mention the job now, or can i skip the information altogether as it is not the primary occupation
    This is how mine look like. i think it matches the format of UPSC. Got it in june after the inclusion of community

Image (132) (1).jpg
    1700 x 2338 - 744K
  • Does OBC certificate copy require attestation by a Gazetted Officer?

Instructions document says:

17. A candidate who claims to belong to one of the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes or the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) should submit in support of his/her claim an Attested/certified copy of a certificate in the form given below from the District Officer or the Sub- Divisional Officer or any other Officer as indicated below, of the district in which his/ her parents (or surviving parent) ordinarily reside, who has been designated by the State Government concerned as competent to issue such a certificate.

Does 'certified' mean self-certified?

17. A candidate who claims to belong to one of the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes or the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) should submit in support of his/her claim an Attested/certified copy of a certificate in the form given below from the District Officer or the Sub- Divisional Officer or any other Officer as indicated below, of the district in which his/ her parents (or surviving parent) ordinarily reside, who has been designated by the State Government concerned as competent to issue such a certificate.

I'm not sure if it is compulsory but I was advised by the seniors that caste certificate does require attestation by a gazetted officer. So I got it attested. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. But I'm sure UPSC doesn't reject forms on such grounds.
    Beyond all this, the wish to be alone:
    Beneath it all, the desire for oblivion runs:
  • "Attested/certified copy of certificate in support of claim to belong to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes (where applicable), along with Annexure VI."

what is annexure vi
  • VI. FORMAT OF UNDERTAKING TO BE FURNISHED BY OBC CANDIDATES.
    UNDERTAKING
    “I,……………………………….son/daughter of Shri……………………………………. Resident of
    village/town/ city………………………………… district……….…….……………..
    state………………….hereby declare that I belong to the………………………..community which is
    recognized as a backward class by the Government of India for the purpose of reservation in
    services as per orders contained in Department of Personnel and Training Office Memorandum
    No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT),dated 8.9.1993. It is also declared that I do not belong to
    persons/sections (Creamy layer) mentioned in Column 3 of the Schedule to the above referred
    Office Memorandum, dated 8.9.1993, O.M. No. 36033/3/2004-Estt.(Res), dated 9.3.2004,
    8.9.1993 O.M. No. 36033/3/2004-Estt.(Res), dated 14.10.2008 and O.M. No. 36033/1/2013-
    Estt.(Res) dated 27/05/2013.
    this is written in annexure VI. what has to be done with this? Just take a printout on paper and fill and send it?
  • some one please help me.
    My native/origin is kerala. I have done all my education and a domicile of Maharashtra. My father has a small business in Maharashtra though he lives in kerala (most time) . That is income is coming from maharashtra state and none from kerala. The income is below the prescribed limit for obc. The obc certificate issued to us is from kerala but the IT returns of my father would be from maharashtra. Would that be a problem?
  • Can community be changed from general to OBC?? Bcoz I got cert after pre

And Wht does it mean:father basically belongs to(given in note2)my father belongs to 2 dist.where 1dist is in central list nd another is not..Wht to do
  • Can community be changed from general to OBC?? Bcoz I got cert after pre

And Wht does it mean:father basically belongs to(given in note2)my father belongs to 2 dist.where 1dist is in central list nd another is not..Wht to do
    No. Community can't be changed from General to OBC if your prelims form had general.

• edited November 2014
    some one please help me.
    My native/origin is kerala. I have done all my education and a domicile of Maharashtra. My father has a small business in Maharashtra though he lives in kerala (most time) . That is income is coming from maharashtra state and none from kerala. The income is below the prescribed limit for obc. The obc certificate issued to us is from kerala but the IT returns of my father would be from maharashtra. Would that be a problem?

I'm not very knowledgeable about it, but I can suggest you something. I'm from Maharashtra so I don't know how things work in Kerala, but basically what you can do is go to Tehsil (in Kerala) and get them to issue an 'income certificate' for your father. UPSC accepts income certificates. Hope that helps :)
    Alternatively you can send UPSC the tax returns from Maharashtra, if it is unacceptable they will inform you and ask you to send another proof. In any case your from won't be rejected. So don't worry about that.
  • @all
    is it necessary to have obc certificate of same 'date' as mentioned by us during prelim application?
    plz reply!
    The long night is coming and the dead come with it.

I'm not sure if it is compulsory but I was advised by the seniors that caste certificate does require attestation by a gazetted officer. So I got it attested. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. But I'm sure UPSC doesn't reject forms on such grounds.
    Certified doesn't mean self-certified. It has to be done by the officers mentioned.
  • @all
    is it necessary to have obc certificate of same 'date' as mentioned by us during prelim application?
    plz reply!
    No one knows for sure since this situation has risen for the first time this year. But unless there is some major problem in your certificate I think you should submit the one mentioned in the prelims form.

• te 3 : No change in the community status indicated by a candidate in his/her application form fortheCivilServices(Preliminary)Examinationwillordinarilybe allowedbytheCommission

Here ,it's written ordinarily.tht means may be applied.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog