MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Beware: Do not join Vision IAS test series for 2014 mains now

edited October 2014 in Current Affairs
I have joined Vision IAS test series for 2014 mains. Paid 20000 for GS + Optional. Question quality and checking standards (although checked by students only) are good. But the major issue is regarding time that they take to check papers. In the begining they took 7-10 days to check papers. Then almost 15 days. But now its been 20 days but no response from their side. Its really pathetic. First they overcharge (almost 1000 per paper) and then this kind of service.

Now they have started new test series. It won't be very helpful guys. I suggest you take papers from other aspirants & write at home. You can evaluate each other papers & also share cost. Even I am considering the same.

Comments

• Are you a postal student by any chance? Have heard people who appear for the tests at their centres manage to get their answers evaluated in time.
    One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place.
  • @sniper.. I take tests in classroom itself. May be the one who knows staff there, get test copies checked early.
  • edited October 2014
    I am yet to take my tests (4 GS and 3 Essay). The only reason I joined was because I tried to but just couldn't take the tests at home and needed an exam type setting. Two of my friends used to evaluate copies there. One was getting paid while another got access to Vision's tests and materials for free in return. Both have stopped evaluating copies now as they are appearing for Mains this year and need to focus on their studies. This could explain why they are taking time for checking answers. I will be appearing for two of the seven tests post November 25 (their cut-off date for taking tests) so won't be getting them evaluated anyhow.

Still, while enrolling I enquired about this delayed evaluation problem that many had stated here (after all why would I mind evaluation from a fellow student even if I wouldn't give two fu@ks about it). They said they were prioritizing tests of people who were appearing for Mains this year over those who are a part of their regular test series (for 2015). Looks like they are not honest about it.

Unfortunately for some of us who are preparing for Mains within this 50-60 day period, Vision comes out as the only alternative. I had thought about not joining any test series but then realized I needed to take some tests just for the sake of getting into answer writing mode.

Anyway, try going personally to their centre and appear massively pissed off with the delayed evaluation. Ask them to refund your fees. Creating a scene always worked for me in Mukherjee Nagar. A coaching one defrauded a friend of 20,000 Rs and then refused to refund the money. We went in a group and told them we were taking their front desk computer with us in lieu of the money. The money was returned within 10 minutes.
    One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place.
  • @sniper. Thanks mate. Will have to to do something of that sort to either get my money back or get my copies checked. These coachings con aspirants.

I posted this here as I saw many people joining Vision IAS's next test series for 2014 mains. They will never get their copies checked. Money will go down the drain.
  • I am yet to take my tests (4 GS and 3 Essay). The only reason I joined was because I tried to but just couldn't take the tests at home and needed an exam type setting. Two of my friends used to evaluate copies there. One was getting paid while another got access to Vision's tests and materials for free in return. Both have stopped evaluating copies now as they are appearing for Mains this year and need to focus on their studies. This could explain why they are taking time for checking answers. I will be appearing for two of the seven tests post November 25 (their cut-off date for taking tests) so won't be getting them evaluated anyhow.

Still, while enrolling I enquired about this delayed evaluation problem that many had stated here (after all why would I mind evaluation from a fellow student even if I wouldn't give two fu@ks about it). They said they were prioritizing tests of people who were appearing for Mains this year over those who are a part of their regular test series (for 2015). Looks like they are not honest about it.

Unfortunately for some of us who are preparing for Mains within this 50-60 day period, Vision comes out as the only alternative. I had thought about not joining any test series but then realized I needed to take some tests just for the sake of getting into answer writing mode.

Anyway, try going personally to their centre and appear massively pissed off with the delayed evaluation. Ask them to refund your fees. Creating a scene always worked for me in Mukherjee Nagar. A coaching one defrauded a friend of 20,000 Rs and then refused to refund the money. We went in a group and told them we were taking their front desk computer with us in lieu of the money. The money was returned within 10 minutes.

=)) hahahah ..yeh sahi hai.
  • @all..

vision ias has bitten off more than it can chew..

it has taken so many students this year that is is having a hard time to maintain its operations in a proper manner..

needless to say it's cash registers are hot.

v.ias was actually good 2-3 years back(my cousins personal words,so fully verified) but of late they are
    using instant noodles approach..
    perhaps they did not anticipate that rank-1 glowing reviews about them will bring them many..many..many customers which they are now struggling with.
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
  • Same experience with me. Took 26 days to check my last essay. Though I feel the feedback was decent. I think one can write GS Paper 1-3 at home and evaluate them using answer keys. Where feedback becomes important is in papers which involve a little more subjectivity - Essay + GS Paper 4 (especially case studies part).

Though I would not say Vision quality is bad, but yes, this time they seem to have just too many people signed up and not enough teachers.

PS: Did anyone notice an ad in Hindu few days back asking for experienced candidates to check papers? Rs. 250 per paper was offered with no name of the institute. Must be them.
  • Would you guys suggest buying vision ias or synergy test series from a xerox centre and then attempting them at home or going for chronicle ias test series which is priced at 8000 starting from Nov. I just want to get some answer writing practice. Any suggestions friends
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.
  • Any online test series except VisionIAS ? They are taking a lot of time checking even optional copies.
    2 attempts : 2 mains out
  • @dhaakad_chhora

1st option is great!

• @mrlobo thanks for the suggestion. How much would it cost to get xerox copies of vision or synergy tests?
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.
  • @dhaakad..It will not cost more than 100-150. But more important is to get module answers of those questions. And also get reviews of your answers. You can get your answers checked by friends who are experinced as wrong advice is suicidal.
  • @sharma_24013... Other options are synergy or GSscore. But have no idea about questions quality, answer checking etc.
  • edited October 2014
    anyone enrolled in GS 12 tests series? Are you able to access answer format for all tests shared so far?
    Mission 2018 - Final assault
  • anyone enrolled in GS 12 tests series? Are you able to access answer format for all tests shared so far?
    not enrolled for 12 tests but for 8 tests. out of all tests that i have given, answer format have been uploaded...except the -
    1.last one(coz of their inefficienct way of working),
    2. paper 4 (ethics) paper , inspite of the fact tht its answer copy has even been checked and answer format of its subsequent tests has also been uplaoded.

• @dhaakad_chhora

if you get them please let me know from where you got them (shop name) and the quality of the papers,price of the papers.
    i am sure you can get them somewhere in orn.

you can also ask someone to share their model answers of synergy,v.ias etc.
  • Have they stopped uploading tests after their diwali vacation ? Didn't get test 538 that was scheduled on 26 october . Anyone else facing the same issue ?
    कह दो इन हसरतों से कहीं और जा बसें, इतनी जगह कहाँ है दिल-ए-दाग़दार में
    उम्र-ए-दराज़ माँग कर लाये थे चार दिन, दो पढ़ने में कट गये दो रिजल्ट के इन्तज़ार में
  • How much vision IAS pays for paper checking ??
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog