Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Hindu self notes for GS-II IR -- sufficient or not??

Would diligent reading and self notes from Hindu suffice for GS-II IR section or should I refer to some other material also? Need a solution to balance exhaustive coverage and redundancies/repetition.
·

Comments

• Would diligent reading and self notes from Hindu suffice for GS-II IR section or should I refer to some other material also? Need a solution to balance exhaustive coverage and redundancies/repetition.
    Considering last years question paper for current events on IR The Hindu is sufficient.... But when you are reading Hindu make sure that you do not miss any important article or any important term... In some articles you will get all the fodder materials. But some will make only passing reference ..For example last year Gujral's Doctrine was asked.... There was only a passing reference of it in one article of Hindu on Gujral Doctrine.... So whenever you get any such important term and enough fodder points are not given in Hindu make sure that you search on internet or any book on IR to get some fodder points on it.....

Infact 80% of the GS paper 2 and 3 were directly/indirectly related to some articles in Hindu.... So read it word by word whether you like it or not for efficient preparation...... Otherwise there are hundreds of books/material/websites with thousands of contents ........ So which one will UPSC ask?

Even for GS Paper 1 Articles like Sangam Literature, Tandava dance, heat islands, cyclones, etc everything was mentioned in articles of Hindu.......... So it will narrow down our content and help to focus on important topics......

I think in current pattern where there is no length and breadth for GS topics, The Hindu will come to rescue in a big way....
    I am just an ordinary guy with nothing to loose
    ·
  • @adi17
    100% agreed.
    It is not the eyes that are blind but the heart
    ·
  • Would diligent reading and self notes from Hindu suffice for GS-II IR section or should I refer to some other material also? Need a solution to balance exhaustive coverage and redundancies/repetition.
    Hindu Editorials and Opinion (Lead or comment) wherever you find articles regarding IR basically relations with any other nation you should bookmark it, copy paste it in a word doc or evernote, or just note some key facts and phrases whichever but you should do it. Highly recommended because for 10 marker you will have to write lesser where you will have to present pro cons analysis and then constructive criticism and redressal mechanism(at least this is what The Hindu does). So yes, you will be highly benefitted. Otherwise if you are a PSIR(Pol science) student then you can resort to many other websites.Other than that get one IR book just to understand the historical perspectives in foreign policy and revise it and side by side keep revising those Hindu articles, it will be more than enough for IR provided you remember in the examination period and you carry on some extensive answer writing practice.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog