[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

How Is Vajiram And Ravi For Public Administration?

Hey i want to know how is vajiram and ravi for pub ad ?
·

Comments

• hey i want to know what your own research tells you about vajiram Pub Ad? It is good or bad compared to what? What other options have you explored?
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
    ·
  • What i have heard is :
    mohanty: best for paper 1 and overall good for beginners
    puri: best for paper2
    pavan sir: best for students/veterans needing revision and answer writing.
    vajiram: both p1 and p2 ok. covers whole syllabus
    @Neyawn please help me come down to final selection. I have studied the syllabus once and planning for a coaching. are my info correct. which coaching is best to join?
    ·
  • I will not be able to help with this selection. :( Simply because there is no correlation between coaching and selection with Pub Ad. All of them are good contenders.

As for Vajiram, their really good class notes are available in good handwriting. Their classes = Their handwritten notes. There is nothing extra that they teach.

I would suggest you to go for Puri's Test series or something while at the same time doing all of Mohanty's test papers. A better thing would be to do some crash course if at all you want to sit in class and revise.

Someone who is having Pub Ad this year should be able to suggest better.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
    ·
  • I will not be able to help with this selection. :( Simply because there is no correlation between coaching and selection with Pub Ad. All of them are good contenders.

As for Vajiram, their really good class notes are available in good handwriting. Their classes = Their handwritten notes. There is nothing extra that they teach.

I would suggest you to go for Puri's Test series or something while at the same time doing all of Mohanty's test papers. A better thing would be to do some crash course if at all you want to sit in class and revise.

Someone who is having Pub Ad this year should be able to suggest better.
    No coaching for Pubad is the best!....
    ·
  • V&R is good for both papers but don't expect 100% coverage from any coaching. Both the teachers there have good style of teaching the basics but it requires your own effort to develop answer writing.
    ·
  • @purvashada @NOTA Please share some details of pros cons about: mohanty/pavan/puri/vaji. how much time and cost it takes? also who is best for answer writing and test series.
    we, the students, who dont have pub ad as their graduation subject obviously cant match the understanding of the teachers with such experience. IMO coachings are useless for GS but are useful for optional. please guide.
    thank you.
    ·
  • I don't know about others but can tell you about VR. Concepts are taught thoroughly but when it comes to answer writing you yourself have to write answers from sample/previous papers and present them to the faculty. If you don't do that then no faculty will come and ask you about your practice Content is fairly good but initiative should come from your end.
    ·
  • after reading some earlier discussions i also think vajiram and ravi is good as compared to pavan and mohanty because they both do not discuss paper 2 . do not discuss whole syllabus.
    ·
  • @purvashada @NOTA Please share some details of pros cons about: mohanty/pavan/puri/vaji. how much time and cost it takes? also who is best for answer writing and test series.
    we, the students, who dont have pub ad as their graduation subject obviously cant match the understanding of the teachers with such experience. IMO coachings are useless for GS but are useful for optional. please guide.
    thank you.
    bro i am not from any coaching institute...so i dont know anything....
    ·
    thank you.

bro i am not from any coaching institute...so i dont know anything....
    Aap to sach me NOTA ho
    ·
  • Coaching for Public Administration is not required .. buy one of their notes and read text books .. questions these days are testing your conceptual clarity which cannot be guaranteed from coaching ..

I have observed that if you write answers in your own words explaining what has been asked .. there are chances that you might get good marks ..

Good Luck !
    Indian Foreign Service | Career Diplomat
    ·
  • Coaching for Public Administration is not required .. buy one of their notes and read text books .. questions these days are testing your conceptual clarity which cannot be guaranteed from coaching ..

I have observed that if you write answers in your own words explaining what has been asked .. there are chances that you might get good marks ..

Good Luck !
    diff notes focuses differently can you name a few (those been tested by you ) and there strength
    ·
  • edited October 2014
    Coaching for Public Administration is not required .. buy one of their notes and read text books .. questions these days are testing your conceptual clarity which cannot be guaranteed from coaching ..

Good Luck !

diff notes focuses differently can you name a few (those been tested by you ) and there strength
    You can try Mohanty for Paper 1 and Puri for Paper 2 .. these are standard but you need to understand that reading them wont guarantee you success ! What will guarantee is the conceptual clarity you gain ..

A word of caution here .. Mohanty notes (especially for few chapters) are little difficult to follow .. as you do not understand why a particular concept(which is usually a break from the flow) has been mentioned in the notes .. I faced this issue .. this is because the person who wrote those notes must have written according to class flow .. how that thinker might have cropped up during class discussion etc .. Like discussion on Chester Barnard might suddenly throw up concepts of "structure-function" of Talcott Parson or for MPF .. her borrowings from Gestalt and for Weber on Hegelian philosophy ! You will face similar confusion in Intro chapter(a lot) and also in Dev. Dynamics and Public Policy Chapters ! So you need to accommodate for them ..

One other issue with notes is that they may incorporate writers prejudice and/or understanding ..

But given the amount of time..... this is the best bet !

Good Luck !
    Indian Foreign Service | Career Diplomat
    ·
  • those who have taken coaching previously or current students please give pros and cons of vajiram pubad and is it advisable to come to delhi specifically for optional prep
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog