ForumIAS Open Test 1: Results will be declared by 9PM, 12 th December.
Candidates can write Test till 2PM , 12th December by visiting Center or online by Clicking here Your OMR sheets are being manually evaluated.

BPSC preparation,Please suggest books as well as preparation tips.

edited January 2016 in State PSC
any one who has given this exam or preparing for it please share your strategy.

Comments

• Although I am taking this exam for the first time.......but going through previous years question papers and syllabus i have drawn following conclusions:
    PRELIMS
    -->Questions are highly factual and going through books like lucent GK may not be enough. One should atleast study NCERTs and study history/geography of Bihar too. Going through Current Affairs is also necessary.

MAINS
    1.GS
    --> Questions in each section is not very tough. You may rather say them easy if you take pre 2013 UPSC as bench mark. Also i found question to be repeatative in nature particularly in history. So, one may mark important topics and study them carefully.
    p.s. NCERTs are must.

OPTIONAL

Its entirely upto the person what he chooses.
  • Although I am taking this exam for the first time.......but going through previous years question papers and syllabus i have drawn following conclusions:
    PRELIMS
    -->Questions are highly factual and going through books like lucent GK may not be enough. One should atleast study NCERTs and study history/geography of Bihar too. Going through Current Affairs is also necessary.

MAINS
    1.GS
    --> Questions in each section is not very tough. You may rather say them easy if you take pre 2013 UPSC as bench mark. Also i found question to be repeatative in nature particularly in history. So, one may mark important topics and study them carefully.
    p.s. NCERTs are must.

OPTIONAL

Its entirely upto the person what he chooses.
    I feel only reading NCERT is not enough. please recommend the book.
  • i have searched online but i didn't get bpsc paper. Please send the link. Thanks in advance.
  • i have searched online but i didn't get bpsc paper. Please send the link. Thanks in advance.
    2011 pre paper
    pdf
    pdf
    BPSC Prelims Paper 2011 _General Studies_.pdf
  • this book is recommended by many for BPSC prelims preparation.... but i believe NCERTs are must

http://www.flipkart.com/bihar-general-knowledge-code-1719-pb-english/p/itmdjrfud2qgzq4d?pid=9789350132968&srno=t_2&query=bihar+&affid=iastudymat

following are few datas I've collected from internet about 52-55 BPSC

1. prelims date 20 04 2011.
    2. prelims result 22 jul 2011(133694 appeared 15137 cleared)
    3. mains form+notification 22 jul 2011
    4. mains exam 26may to 14 june 2012
    5. mains result 11 april 2012
    (14407 appeared 2610 cleared)

6. final result 16 aug 2013 (969 selected)

• The last prelims question were factual but not difficult. The books that we are referring for UPSC preparation is more than enough to cover everything . For current affairs all question were asked from 2010. So this time events of 2014 is very important. GKtoday website is more than enough to cover it. For facts related to Bihar we need to google. This time as the seats are less so cutoff will be bit higher. May be in the range of 110-115 out of 150. Last time it was around 105.

There are many websites of bihar state govt as well as district administ... like purulia http://purulia.nic.in/distAdmin/departments/dico/per1.html just go through them and note important points. I think it will be enough for prelims.

I am just an ordinary guy with nothing to loose
  • edited October 2014
    Meanwhile, BPSC is planning prelims on 15th Feb 2015.
    pdf
    pdf
    bpsbc.pdf
  • edited October 2014
    From internet search i got the following info about marks acquired by candidates in BPSC 53-55... I am not sure about the authenticity of these data but having said that it may prove useful in choosing one's optional

MAX MARKS 200

SUB MIN-MAX
    GS 1: 70-138
    GS 2: 65-154
    HST 1: 77-149
    HST 2: 63-145
    LSW 1: 79-179
    LSW 2: 62-173
    GEO 1: 71-143
    GEO 2: 74-148
    SOCIO 1: 58-142
    SOCIO 2: 66-155
    P-AD1: 48-146
    P-AD 2: 53-153
    PHILOS 1: 55-125
    PHILOS 2: 56-124
    ANTHRO1: 54-124
    ANTHRO 2: 58-128
    HIND 1: 67-128
    HINDI 2: 71-158
    MATH 1: 45-178
    MATH 2: 54-180
    PHYSIC1: 44-178
    PHYSIC2: 48-182
    MATHILI1: 77-152
    MATILI 2: 68-151
    SANSK 1: 78-128
    SANKS 2: 74-133

Source: http://statecommission.blogspot.in/p/bpsc-forum.html?commentPage=1
    go for BPSC FAREMAN's comments
  • Hi to All
    What is the expected date for the PT exam?

Any information
  • Hi to All
    What is the expected date for the PT exam?

Any information
    there is speculation at 15th feb.

u may scroll up for a newspaper article from Hindustan.

• ohh this is the thread! how I missed it? was browsing through internet for past 15 days but couldn't get any guidance.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice..
  • Please suggest books n study materials for compulsory papers of BPSC mains and philosophy paper 2 ( bpsc syllabus).

Thanks
    You either get bitter or you get better.
    The choice does not belong to fate. It belongs to you!
  • Chanakya IAS Academy announces exclusive BPSC Coaching for dedicated and determined aspirants of Bihar region. This program covers complete syllabus of GS - Prelims and Mains, along with optional subject.The session will start from 25th November.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog