[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Best pen for writing lengthy mains papers

edited September 2014 in Miscellaneous
Guys, as mains papers are really lengthy, choosing a pen wisely to write these becomes important. Which pen would you suggest ?
·

Comments

• Pinpoint, cello topball,. Etc
    Thicker the barrel, lesser the pain and greater the speed.
    CSM-2014
    CSM-2015
    ·
  • How about cello butterflow?
    ·
  • 2 rupees wala use and throw........
    ·
  • 2 rupees wala use and throw........

Hope you would be doing this in your papers.

·
  • Standard white pilot pen.
    CSE 2013- AIR 454 (IRS(C&CE))
    CSE 2014- AIR 516 (#)
    CSE 2015- AIR 255 (#)
    CSE 2016- AIR 251 (IPS)
    ·
  • waterman
    ·
  • @singhvinay
    Uniball eye -micro (best in all respects)
    butterflow is also fine but then your attachment with pen also matters (I love uniball) :D
    कठोर परिश्रम at jaipur || optional history;
    ·
  • any fountain pen users here???

i use Parker BTW ...
    since 2002...
    TAX ASSISTANT IN CUSTOMS (CGLE 2014)
    ·
  • edited September 2014
    any fountain pen users here???

i use Parker BTW ...
    since 2002...

I am planning to use fountain pen preferably one with thick barrel.Do you finish one paper using parker beta or whichever you use without refilling it in between?

·
  • gel pen.
    Let's gamble one more time !
    ·
  • Link pen...5 rs..min cost..max output...pen doesnot matter...will matters
    ·

• I am planning to use fountain pen preferably one with thick barrel.Do you finish one paper using parker beta or whichever you use without refilling it in between?
    This is a 2-part problem with a 2-part solution...
    One - cartridge...
    you might already be familiar with the extra long cartridges of Parker
    In my Opinion its more than enough to last for one paper be it GS/Opt/Ess...
    Two - Backups...
    Any one using fountain pens know how fragile they are...
    so its always a good idea to simultaneously mod&train in 2 or more pens of the same kind.
    ·
  • Wingsung or Hero fountain pen since school days.
    ·
  • Isnt fountain pen slightly slow? Considering how much we are expected to write
    ·
  • cello butterflow
    I used it last time and found quite useful to write quickly.
    ·
  • I agree with Adak :)
    ·
  • Apna desi 045 reynolds...bharosa sadiyon ka :P
    ·
  • Apna desi 045 reynolds...bharosa sadiyon ka :P

Reynolds is a French company then how is Reynolds 045 desi?

·
  • edited September 2014
    Apna desi 045 reynolds...bharosa sadiyon ka :P

Reynolds is a French company then how is Reynolds 045 desi?

I think he meant it metaphorically as its used by the aam aadmi .

Keep Your Friends Close , But enemies closer..
    ·

• Mor pankh se likhna bhai...tulsidas ki tarah.. :D
    ·
  • @Loserno_1

Aur ek baat...mor pankh se likhne me dhyan rakhna varna hindi picture ki tarah jaldbazi mein ink ka pura bottle paper pe gir jayega.
    ·
  • Has anyone tried a fountain pen for mains exam? If yes which one? How was the experience?
    ·
  • edited September 2014
    Isnt fountain pen slightly slow? Considering how much we are expected to write
    No its not...
    In ascending order of pure speed
    Calligraphy>Cursive-Ink>Hybrid-Ink(Block+Cursive)>Liquid Gel>Roller ball>Ball point...
    When writing a few sentences other pens might appear to be faster...
    But as fountain pens are very comfortable to hold and require very little pressure to get clear strokes...
    It enables us to maintain the same speed and style even after 30 pages...
    Its just like sprint(gel pens) and marathon(fountain pens)...
    To realize how much difference in pressure and strain on our hands,
    Just try migrating to ink pen after few years of only ball point or gel...
    No matter how soft you are you will crack a few nibs before you settle at the right level of gentleness with which you need to hold.

In 1927, Niels Bohr said "Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory does not understand it."
    Paraphrasing him I say, anyone who does not love fountain pens does not know how to use it...
    ·
  • Using Luxor Hi-Tecponit V5, Little bit costly but quite appreciable in speed and smoothness.
    ·
  • Linc ocean Gel waterproof (Rs.6/pen). Hand writing looks nice and neat. u can even get different colors.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog