ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

How is Ramaswamy classes for essay

edited August 2014 in Essay
how is ramaswamy classes for essay?
is shabbir better than ramaswamy ?

Comments

• I also want to join essay classes. Is Ramaswamy in ORN?
  • He ll suck the life out of your soul
  • @jaguar -
    That was very bitter.
    Nothing personal no?
  • Did you find it bitter? Wait till you sit for his class ;)
  • I agree with jaguar that his class is waste of money. I did his class. Its waste of time. Though he give personal attention but not helpful in final scoring .
  • Overall his class has very little value addition.. not worth joinin
  • plz suggest any test series or class for essay
  • edited August 2014
    @anshu_iitd.Had an essay course with him.Following were the experiences:
    1. I liked only 1 of his technique.. i.e. dividing the essay and then arranging it to write.Bu t the whole exercise is crap and waste of time because this could be learned in 10 minutes.Pl do not join him, go for Vajiram or Ramesh Singh.Though I am not sure about both but then hardly any choice left.
  • edited August 2014
    @anshu_iitd
    I joined his classes last year. He evaluates your 15 page essay in 15 second in front of you. I doubt of him being "Chitti" of Enthiran.

Btw, is he taking classes? I heard that he had met with a serious road accident on Yamuna Expressway.

In addition to it, New UPSC notification says there may be more than one essay (as they have done in CAPF), so if it applies, the need of essay classes dilutes.
    Hoshwalon Ko Khabar Kya Bekhudi Kya Cheez Hai
    Mmm Mm Mm... Laa Laa Laa Laaaa...
  • edited August 2014
    Hoshwalon Ko Khabar Kya Bekhudi Kya Cheez Hai
    Mmm Mm Mm... Laa Laa Laa Laaaa...
  • @all
    thanks for replying

@Gulfam_Hasan
    i saw his adv in thehindu.his classes are starting today
  • @Gulfam_Hasan Thats right. I heard the same.

Coming to quality, both are good. Shabeer Sir as well as Ramaswamy are the only options you have.

Rama is pain to tolerate. But if you can, and if you have scored less in essay, you could join him. His method is tried and tested. Listen carefully on Day 1 & Day 2 and at least write 2- 3 essays. If you pick up the essence on two things:

1) Which essay to attempt
    2) How to approach
    3) Content

You will be able to score at least 120/250 in essay. He is very irritating and you would want to smash his head sometimes, but if you persevere, he will be helpful.

Shabeer Sir is very inspiring and sitting through his classes is a breeze.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • @Gulfam_Hasan Thats right. I heard the same.

Coming to quality, both are good. Shabeer Sir as well as Ramaswamy are the only options you have.

Rama is pain to tolerate. But if you can, and if you have scored less in essay, you could join him. His method is tried and tested. Listen carefully on Day 1 & Day 2 and at least write 2- 3 essays. If you pick up the essence on two things:

1) Which essay to attempt
    2) How to approach
    3) Content

You will be able to score at least 120/250 in essay. He is very irritating and you would want to smash his head sometimes, but if you persevere, he will be helpful.

Shabeer Sir is very inspiring and sitting through his classes is a breeze.
    @neyawn Any tips you can spare on point 1: which essay to attempt?

• I have seen my friend(s) (I remember there were two) ranting ceaselessly about the classes.
    Clearly avoidable.

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
  • edited September 2014
    Any reviews of Ramesh Singh's essay classes?
    1st attempt - 2014: written Mains. Could not clear.
    Optional: Pol Sc
  • edited April 2016
    any idea about chokhalingam essay program ???
  • @the_departed One would to be avoid philosophical or subjective topics. I learned it the hard way, but Rama mentioned it in his class.

Philosophical topics are not very safe (once bitten twice shy, you see). Dev , a close friend and someone with exceptional communication and written skills , who got 130+/200 usually , this time got about 50/250 in the Colonial Mentality essay. I could vouch for the guy's brilliance. He told me he knew it was risky, yet did the same nonetheless.
  • @anshu_iitd You could join him as well. It is just that writing 2-3 essays before Mains helps. Its not really the teacher.
  • @Neywan,
    I want to join shabeer sir's classes.
    But I don't know his contact number or his own institute.
    On further search, I came to know he teaches at Vajiram.

Is he the same yoy are referring to ?

Another unrelated querry,

I want to join Mains test series.
    Finally decided on Synergy.
    Acc to you which test series one should join ?
    I am also planning to write test s of vision Ias at home .not joining it formally.
    IRS-IT [2016]
  • Please don't join Ramaswamy at any cost. He's a fraud. Unprofessional at all levels. He doesn't take any doubts or discussion, it's simply a monologue. There's very little value addition. His noted are not sufficient. He just lures students and takes money and later gives sub standard service. Kindly avoid him. Waste of time and money!
  • Please don't join Ramaswamy at any cost. He's a fraud. Unprofessional at all levels. He doesn't take any doubts or discussion, it's simply a monologue. There's very little value addition. His noted are not sufficient. He just lures students and takes money and later gives sub standard service. Kindly avoid him. Waste of time and money!
  • Better go to GS score essay module.
    Rama sir some times gives marks as per blueprint of essay you make. He will hardly check your main essay script thoroughly.
  • Ramaswamy is a big fraud. I attended his classes. It's total waste of time. Don't waste money and time.
  • Don't join Ramaswamy...better is to join any of the following-:
    1.Shabbir sir essay- he will give inputs for various topics+feedback and marking is nice+personally he will check your outside essay also.
    2.VVR essay test series- It is useful for those who only wnt to do the practice+they rightly guessed this year essay paper pattern and provided enough practice+nice feedback and marking
    3.GS score- same approach as shabbir sir's.
  • Thing is if ramasami is so bogus as evident frm comments here, toh phir iski dukan chal kaise rahi hai ??? Kuch toh badhiya hoga ??
    Chale the ek sath hi, manzil ki talash mein....
    Mera safar zara lamba tha,ye tune der mein jana ...
  • @niti can you throw some more light on VVR Essay test series.
  • @niti can you throw some more light on VVR Essay test series.
    i have mentioned it above...if u want essay practice and feedback then only go to VVR...for classes shabbir sir/GS score is better......
  • vvr ,gs score are far good than anyother . GS score is definitely up to mark till now. vvr gives your proper feedback than anyother .
    but never go for shitty coachings like ramaswamy untill you are a school kid to have time pass !!
    correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
  • @baali have you attended gs score essay module??
  • Its waste of money and time.. You will be left frustrated and disappointed. He doesnot write comment in good handwriting ,he wants students to waste hours just for his "personal attention "of 20 seconds. I hate this guy.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog