ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

How good is Vikash Ranjan for sociology

Friends i am planning to join Vikash Ranjan in Chronicle IAS for sociology. Is it a wise decision? Earlier i was going to join Upendra but couldn't do so because of unsuitable timings. Is there any better teacher for Sociology than Vikash strictly in morning?

Comments

• Vikas ranjan's is good 4 test only.join mahapatra sir/upendra
  • I agree with this view. Join Mahapatra sir if u r in ORN. And u wish to finish syllabus before exam.
    Upendra sir is awesome but he will be slow and syllabus of paper 2 will have to be managed by u. He will impart u concepts and clarity in Socio theory like none else.
  • I just called up vajiram and they said that no classes of sociology are going to start for mains 2014. It is already started some where in July....
    I am trying upendra classses -01126109740 but no one is picking up the phone... Guys do you have any idea if upendra will start fresh batches?

I dont want to join NICE IAS coz many of my friends gave negative feedback about praveen kishore. He unnecessarily complicates subject and questions to show off hi superficial knowledge.
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
  • I just called up vajiram and they said that no classes of sociology are going to start for mains 2014. It is already started some where in July....
    I am trying upendra classses -01126109740 but no one is picking up the phone... Guys do you have any idea if upendra will start fresh batches?

I dont want to join NICE IAS coz many of my friends gave negative feedback about praveen kishore. He unnecessarily complicates subject and questions to show off hi superficial knowledge.

Upendra's batch starting from 1st September. Timing 4-7pm

Upendra's batch starting from 1st September. Timing 4-7pm

@singhvinay : Thx buddy
    Mehnat itni khamoshi se karo ki qamyabi shor macha de !!!
  • Friends i am planning to join Vikash Ranjan .... Is there any better teacher for Sociology ... strictly in morning?
    Friend, I'll suggest you to join Bibhash Sharma's classes for Sociology, he is far better than V Ranjan and in present changed UPSC pattern he is the best. Upendra & Mohapatra has branded themselves but are unable to adapt according to changed scenario.
  • In my opinion Mr. Vikash Ranjan is one of the best faculty for Sociology, in 2013 Civil services Exam, there are several candidates have cracked IAS with optional Sociology. For reference please visit @ Chronicle IAS Academy's websites: http://www.chronicleias.com/sociology.php
  • Is it an advertisement? Or real feedback for vikash ranjan? :P
  • @jaguar : Friend; It's a valuable suggestion, i belong to a normal background so i know the values of Time as well as Money . You should join Chronicle without any doubt.
  • I personally know him. He was a teacher of sociology and gs at the coaching centre, where i had joined. He is not the best, but a good teacher.
  • edited September 2014
    @jaguar : Friend; It's a valuable suggestion, i belong to a normal background so i know the values of Time as well as Money . You should join Chronicle without any doubt.

You have made only 5 comments after joining the forum and all 5 promote chronicle academy. It seems that you are here to promote chronicle and not a genuine candidate.Don't try to fool others.

• @jaguar Before criticizing you have to rate yourself as well. I had answered of asked questions related to the coaching institute and mentors. in my opinion even i personally reviewed it . If you have another suggetions the you can put as well. Why you wasting your valuable time to criticism. Aspirants need answers . Anyways i hope you you will spend your time in the right direction .. Thanks
  • @singhvinay Before criticizing you have to rate yourself as well. I had answered of asked questions related to the coaching institute and mentors. in my opinion even i personally reviewed it . If you have another suggetions the you can put as well. Why you wasting your valuable time to criticism. Aspirants need answers . Anyways i hope you you will spend your time in the right direction .. Thanks
  • Vikas ranjan's is good 4 test only.join mahapatra sir/upendra

• Vikash Ranjan is Undoubtedly The best in Teaching the Art and Science of Answers Writing in his Test Series. But we can not deny his Application Focused Approach. I have done my Coaching from Mahapatra Sir. I liked & Enjoyed his classes... But That learning was not Sufficient in the Changed Scenario. Attended Vikash Ranjan's Crash Course & Test Series in Sept-Nov. 14. and learned application of theories in Current Context. If you have Doubt..You meet him Once..
  • Never join vikash ranjan clasees..he only know's harlombos..
    join vajiram classes
  • What abt praveen kishore(NICE IAS) batch starts frm 10 feb..plz reply
  • Kaisa h ye praveen Kishore , aman bhai?
    Dear changing from Marathi lit....wat happened
    Don Goshti Majhyasamor aalya na.. Ki mala kay karaycha te kalat nahi .. Vanilla Ice cream ani tu..
    What abt praveen kishore(NICE IAS) batch starts frm 10 feb..plz reply
    Dear changing from Marathi lit....wat happened
    not suited to marathi....

• @everyone..How are Vikash Ranjan's Sociology books? Has anyone referred it? Please give a review.
  • Any reviews of NICE IAS?? Want to join them for test series?
  • @sud79 I am enrolled in Nice IAS distant test series. His checking is more content focused and he does not give remarks on the presentation, structure, word limit or any overall remarks. Nor does he give model answers, only framework for selected questions.
    Since I am staying out of Delhi, I don't know about his discussion classes.
    The Hammer of God
  • @1ata_time .. thanks a lot. I will join him after prelims.
  • Can anyone tell me if i should join NICE IAS Praveen Kishaore Sir's new batch which is starting from June 9th. I read a few discussion and in one thread Neyawn has given a very positive review. Also some of my friends have taken classes from him and are very positive in feedback.
  • How is surendra kumar Singh for sociology (GS SCORE). I am planning to join his test series. It is starting from tomorrow. Please help . Don't want to waste my time .
  • Upendra sir numbers are not reachable....do u have any other number?
  • "Constant support, encouragement and lots of best wishes" these are what i
    got from VIKASH RANJAN sir...we aspirants need Mentor like you sir.....
  • edited April 4
    His conduct is unprofessional. I could not stop myself because I had a really bad experience.

His interests have become purely commercial with no regard to students' interests. He allows more students than he can handle to join his courses and then later can't handle the workload; all the while he will give the excuse that he can't say no because they are already in some civil service. The students suffer from his tardiness and a lack of feedback in most cases. He supports only a few of those who he thinks can clear the exam or have already cleared.

His Sociology test discussions are okay.

The following cons are there in his test series-

1. His checking of Sociology tests is pathetic; he only awards marks, mostly without pointing out the mistakes. As he has deliberately taken more students than he can handle, the checking of papers is very late and of poor quality. Sometimes I got the feeling that the papers were checked by someone else.

2. His 'One-on-one session' is a sham. He won't tell something suitable for your improvement ( he reads what answers you have written and then parrots the answer he discussed), he will just repeat the answers he told in the test discussion; then what is the point of a one-on-one session? It's just a marketing 'jumla'( sentence).

3. He does not provide printed model answers or any sort of good answers.

4. His study material is badly edited with shabby, illegible fonts and misplaced punctuations. The language is unclear and ambiguous to understand. It appears he has just copy-pasted from standard sources and made his material. The wrong punctuations just alter the meaning of the text, so you are left to figure out what it means.

5. There is no room to sit and write the tests. There is only one room where he conducts classes. And you have to call them every day to find if the room is available or not.

6. He has got the gift of the gab which he exploits to the fullest. It is true of most of the coaching industry in Delhi.

7. He will email you the PDFs of some relevant articles only when the Mains exam is merely 3 weeks away. At that point, no one can read them. Maybe he thinks you can read them for the next attempt when you join his test series again( which only an insane person would do).

All in all, joining Vikash Ranjan's courses, especially the Sociology test series, is a waste of time and money. All hype and a little substance.
  • edited April 4
    Beware of Vikash Ranjan!

His conduct is unprofessional. I could not stop myself from posting this because I had a really bad experience.

His interests have become purely commercial with no regard to students' interests. He allows more students than he can handle to join his courses and then later can't handle the workload; all the while he will give the excuse that he can't say no because they are already in some civil service. The students suffer from his tardiness and a lack of feedback in most cases. He supports only a few of those who he thinks can clear the exam or have already cleared.

His Sociology test discussions are okay.

The following cons are there in his test series-

1. His checking of Sociology tests is pathetic; he only awards marks, mostly without pointing out the mistakes. As he has deliberately taken more students than he can handle, the checking of papers is very late and of poor quality. Sometimes I got the feeling that the papers were checked by someone else.

2. His 'One-on-one session' is a sham. He won't tell something suitable for your improvement ( he reads what answers you have written and then parrots the answer he discussed), he will just repeat the answers he told in the test discussion; then what is the point of a one-on-one session? It's just a marketing 'jumla'( sentence).

3. He does not provide printed model answers or any sort of good answers.

4. His study material is badly edited with shabby, illegible fonts and misplaced punctuations. The language is unclear and ambiguous to understand. It appears he has just copy-pasted from standard sources and made his material. The wrong punctuations just alter the meaning of the text, so you are left to figure out what it means.

5. There is no room to sit and write the tests. There is only one room where he conducts classes. And you have to call them every day to find if the room is available or not.

6. He has got the gift of the gab which he exploits to the fullest. It is true of most of the coaching industry in Delhi.

7. He will email you the PDFs of some relevant articles only when the Mains exam is merely 3 weeks away. At that point, no one can read them. Maybe he thinks you can read them for the next attempt when you join his test series again( which only an insane person would do).

All in all, joining Vikash Ranjan's courses, especially the Sociology test series, is a waste of time and money. All hype and a little substance.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog