43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

[Kolkata] Forum IAS Kolkata / WB Corner (Turning Tides)

edited August 2014 in Social, Tips & Support
Details are to be worked out. Let's continue the chitchat here.

Update : 3rd August 2014 meet concluded successfully.
Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
·

Comments

• Good to see so many people from bengal taking the exam... Cheers :)>-
    ·
  • Surprised myself, actually! :P
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    ·
  • I am from Kolkata too. At present in Delhi for Pol Sc optional classes. But exam centre is Kolkata :)
    1st attempt - 2014: written Mains. Could not clear.
    Optional: Pol Sc
    ·
  • Count me in too. Though not a Bengali, my home state shall be mentioned as WB.
    A republic without a pub is a relic | Criticize the post, not the poster |
    ·
  • Everyone is welcome. Just keep following this thread. If sufficient number of people come on-board, we all could meet up at some restaurant as suggested by @LadameParisien

Open to suggestions - just keep it decentralised. No convener / organiser; we all just show-up some place on some date at some time.
    ·
  • Count me in too , have recently shifted to kolkata. i think you guys can share your optional details, mine is history.
    ·
  • count me in too... good initiative...will be a welcome break from this csat chapter..

also if u guys are planning to meet at some restaurent..i can give you some suggestions..
    (courtsey of over 100+ reviews on zomato based on personal visits.. :D )
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
    ·
  • I will join in if I am there before the FC to meet my parents
    CSE-2013 | Cracked :)
    It's the personality, we bring to the exam preparation, which differentiates us
    ·
  • count me too.
    ·
  • group getting bigger :)
    ·
  • @all btw any of you taking any coaching in the city ????
    ·
  • @ArindamSarkar : bhai i am not a bengali, but bhai dont you think the title of this thread should have been, " ForumIAS Kolkata Gang Meet At LBSNAA"..........and i think everyone here wants the same to happen....isnt it bhai?
    ·
  • I would like to b a part of this thread as I m a true bong n Kolkata is my hometown but have to move some other place for my job n opted that place as my center. Anyways i should like to have some chit chat here.
    ·
  • From malda..count me too
    ·
  • @ArindamSarkar : bhai i am not a bengali, but bhai dont you think the title of this thread should have been, " ForumIAS Kolkata Gang Meet At LBSNAA"..........and i think everyone here wants the same to happen....isnt it bhai?
    It's not a meet for Bengalis only or even people just from Kolkata. Anyone can join us. It's just proposed to be held in Kolkata. However, your option is, by far, a lot better. :)
    ·
  • @amujay..is there any good coaching in the city...

(dont count the rice group as a coaching institute ..it is more of a propoganda and the institute in salt lake as is still struggling to get on it's feet as it is relatively new with unexperienced faculities with respect to upsc game...)

if you guys know of any other options please let us (all) know will be a good find! :)>-
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
    ·
  • edited July 2014
    @ArindamSarkar : bhai i am not a bengali, but bhai dont you think the title of this thread should have been, " ForumIAS Kolkata Gang Meet At LBSNAA"..........and i think everyone here wants the same to happen....isnt it bhai?

It's not a meet for Bengalis only or even people just from Kolkata. Anyone can join us. It's just proposed to be held in Kolkata. However, your option is, by far, a lot better. :)
    ·
  • me too!!!!!!!!!!
    ·
  • present sir...
    Zindagi me badi shiddat se nibhao apna kirdaar...ki parde girne par bhi taaliyan bajte rahe...
    ·
  • So guys, send in your suggestions! It's a decentraliced affair. Where, when (after prelims / to be decided later), etc?
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google