MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Oriya literature optional for mains

plz join me for oriya optinal.v can move together.

Comments

• what is ur backgroung dude??
  • what is ur source of preparn??
  • frm phy hons background with 9 yrs work exp.i ve a special interest for oriya literature.frm original text book n coaching notes i will prepare my opt.
  • anyone here with Oriya optional plz inbox me
  • is it enough to read mayadhar mansingh's odia literature's history or embark upon more strenuous reading of some other authors? if you have any suggestion regarding the style of answer writing for the part 2, then i'd be obliged.
  • plz c ur inbox @sonaks

• plz help me in getting the study materials for Oriya literature. it would be great if some one guide me how should progress in preparing this subject and what kind of score generally on expect from Oriya literature.
  • u can find it from bbsr
  • is there any coaching material or specific coaching available for this subject
  • both r available @bbsr
  • hii i m a civil engineering graduate..but frm scl days i hav some weakness towards odia subject...i like it very much...bt nw i m confused..can i take it as my main optional...pls help me...
  • where r u from?good to see oriya aspirant here.first ncert books then u can decide easily ur optinal
  • mu puri ru...actually 2013 syllabus change anusare only odia graduation back ground pila hni deiparibe...but 2014 notification re semiti kichi deini...so mu janiparuni mu oriya neiparibi ki nahi? jadi neiparibi then mate materials kouthu miliba? pls suggest me and kindly help me....
  • u can get it from bbsr.
  • i m odia medium student,but not odia graduate student..can i take odia optional?
  • sure why not .u can.
  • if u have any doubt regarding oriya opt ,u can call me @7894673738
  • Hey susant.....I had similar plan of taking odia lit but did not opt it because i thought i would not get
    material in Delhi. Writing mains this year with Anthropology.
    Noted your no. and will give a call after mains if i can think of switching optional to odia.
  • hey susant...i have searched many book stores in bhubaneswer but not able to get the materials (books), can you please guide me where to get those.
    actually i am staying out of odisha and it difficult for me to get those here.
    Can you please help me out on this
  • try ak misha book store @badambadi ctk.
  • I will try to upload PDF copies here.
  • Susant sir!! I tried at AK MISHRA book store but Didn't get such books.Can u tell me kindly that where to get guidance or books for Odia optional in BBSR.It is so pity that In Odisha guidance for Odia paper is not available easily...plz help me...
  • Bijaya Mishra nka "Tata Niranjana" au Sachhi Routray nka "Kabita 1962" ra alochana kouthu miliba??plz mail me at anshumandas307@gmail.com
  • All the text books mentioned in Syllabus Can be found in Bhubaneswar -
    Book store in Unit - 2 Market Building.
    Name of Book Store - Granthalaya
    (Its located inside lane which lies in between Vishal megamart and bazaar Kolkata)

Location can be found on the map (jpg) attached

Book store.jpg
    930 x 666 - 117K
  • Have you ever came across any free suggestion / Blog for Odia Optional -

had came across once -

Tips for Odia Litetrature by Sudhanshu Mishra, AIR-246 (2011) IPS

• Thanks a lot Roorkie_Upsc for ur valuable suggestion.There is a book "Saturi ru Sahasrabdi" by Dr. Nityananda Satapathy which gives complete description of "kabita 1962". but I searched this book in all the libraries of Cuttack but did not find the book..And the Professors of Ravenshaw University are very arrogant and rude...
  • Hi guys....failed with Anthro optional. Thinking of switching to Odia lit. Can you guys provide some insight on it. I am scared of switching as marks of Anthro will not be avialble till july
  • @Satya123 Before opting for the Optional i would suggest you to go through the Oriya syllabus properly.
    Ask yourself few Questions -
    1. "Do you find it easy to comprehend and express" ?
    2. "Can you prepare of your own or Do you need assistance" ?
    3. Resource ?? (I can give you answers for resource but rest you need to introspect)

Availability of text-books or other things are not a problem in Case of Oriya Literature.
    Another best resource for Oriya optional is - (Harekrushna Mahatab) State Library (Next to AG).
    (But state Library don't allow any membership - as on Last Feb'15)

You can avail / find-out Daily coaching classes from some prof. of Utkal University if you are residing in Bhubaneswar / Cuttack.

Other than Text-books you would need "Alochana Books(Critics and Discussions of that book)".

Hope this helps !!
  • Hey Folks.....Can we Create a Group For Odia Optional preparation. Because for this resource and Candidates both are limited. So Watsapp Group Can Help us on resolving our query up to grate extend . So Those Who Are Really Interested they Can Inbox Me their Number......9902692990....All the Best
  • heloooooo guys .

i want to take odia as a optional in upsc but can anyone suggest a good institute for odia in bhubaneswar.

my mail id-ashis.kiit154@gmail.com
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog