Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Review Comprehensive Vision IAS GS notes..Worth it or should one buy only their current affairs?

edited July 2014 in Miscellaneous
Hi! I wanted feedback from someone who has the complete Vision IAS GS material..Is it worth it(fee Rs 20,000) or should one go in for their current affairs(Rs 3500) along with reading standard books? Any feedback would be much appreciated!
·

Comments

• i too want the feedback
    CSE Mains 2014 Geography
    ·
  • Anyone who's bought these notes? Please comment
    ·
  • Hi! I wanted feedback from someone who has the complete Vision IAS GS material..Is it worth it(fee Rs 20,000) or should one go in for their current affairs(Rs 3500) along with reading standard books? Any feedback would be much appreciated!
    There current affairs material is undoubtedly good...they give it free with there gs mains test series...so if u r planning for doing test series there then no need to purchase it separately..nd no need to buy any other material...just go through basic books..
    ·
  • how are you guys planning to pay..i tried using a debit card(sbi) but it is not accepting..can anyone clarify on this..i was planning to buy their current affairs material costing 3500..!
    ·
  • @Dreamer14 write to them ..They are very quick to respond
    ·
  • @shreyaa I have written a couple of times..i told them that i wanted to buy the current affairs material..but they did not reply..,it has been more than 12 hours now..i don't know what to do...have you already made the payment?? do you have a credit card or debit card of ICICI??
    ·
  • @Dreamer14 That's strange..Are u sure you are mailing at the right email-info@visionias.in, ajay.visionias@gmail.com?
    I've communicated thrice with them over the past 24 hrs by email..They are prompt and helpful..I haven't made the payment.I am still clarifying a few things.
    ·
  • edited May 18

| Commerce | "Conformity is the slowest form of Suicide."
    ·
  • @Vazu Is this guy reliable? Does he have their GS manuals too(including the ones covering dynamic parts of the syllabus)?Are the photocopies readable?btw did u get hold of Gktoday GS pdfs(saw u participating on a thread so asking)?I only have envt modules in pdf..Can u plz send the rest to me if u have em?A pm would be much appreciated!Thanks for ur comment!
    ·
  • @Vazu Is this guy reliable? Does he have their GS manuals too(including the ones covering dynamic parts of the syllabus)?Are the photocopies readable?btw did u get hold of Gktoday GS pdfs(saw u participating on a thread so asking)?I only have envt modules in pdf..Can u plz send the rest to me if u have em?A pm would be much appreciated!Thanks for ur comment!
    Though I never tried, but heard he is good, I think he is the main supplier in the ORN market(Opp Mother Dairy), I saw everything required + not required .

If you have those env pdfs please share with me :p
    | Commerce | "Conformity is the slowest form of Suicide."
    ·
  • how much does the mains test series cost?
    ·
  • Has anybody subscribed to their Comprehensive material (not the Value added one)? If yes then how is it qualitatively and what is the scope of course coverage. Kindly reply asap cause I have to make a decision regarding joining a test series soon... Thanks
    ·
  • Has anybody subscribed to their Comprehensive material (not the Value added one)? If yes then how is it qualitatively and what is the scope of course coverage. Kindly reply asap cause I have to make a decision regarding joining a test series soon... Thanks
    @uno01 Is their comprehensive material available for sale on their site? I can't see. Isn't it supposed to be only for their classroom students? Or, are you talking about photocopy in ORN shops?
    ·
  • @uno01 @the_departed get a xerox if u must..not worth 20,000
    ·
  • @the_departed when u to on the online registration page, few modules mention the comprehensive material.. Else info about it not dr on d website..I called them to ask abt it but did not get satisfactory reply..

@shreyaa thanks for the reply.. Hv u joined Dr test series ?
    ·
  • @uno01 Haven't seen the comprehensive notes but for the miscellaneous topics of GS-II and GS-III, their value addition notes that I am getting with their test series seem to be enough for my needs. Don't want to be reading more than 20 pages on any sub-topic.
    ·
  • @the_departed Are the value addition notes provided after each test or have they been given in bulk?
    ·
  • @the_departed Are the value addition notes provided after each test or have they been given in bulk?
    In bulk.

·
  • What is 'value addition material'?
    aap zulf e jaana ke, kham sanwaariye saheb, zindagi ki zulphon ko, aap kya sanwarenge?
    ·
  • What is 'value addition material'?
    The name Vision uses for topic wise notes given with their test series.
    ·
  • Do you have these notes?
    aap zulf e jaana ke, kham sanwaariye saheb, zindagi ki zulphon ko, aap kya sanwarenge?
    ·
  • Do you have these notes?
    Yes, but they watermark it with the user's name so that they don't share it. If you live in Delhi, you can get these notes in the market easily.
    ·
  • How much it costs?
    ·
  • How much it costs?
    Not sure but GS I+II+III+IV is 800-1000 pages. So, the shops must be charging according to photocopying costs. Someone who has bought them from market can enlighten. Current Affairs booklet is like 50-60 pages every month.
    ·
  • Can you please show me a sample of 2-3 pages? If possible, please do, if difficult, leave it.. Not any issue : )
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog