Mains 2017 : The Only Course you will need to Score 400+ in GS
Mains Foundation 2017 by Ravi R Chokkalingam – to cover GS Paper 2, Paper 3, Paper 1 (Social Issues), Ethics & Essay – with 4 Full Length Mock Tests.
Classes (Online | Offline) commence from 27th June for Mains Foundation, Mains Current Affairs, GS Paper III, Ethics & Essay

Call : 9555923039 for early bird discounts
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening)-5:15PM - 7:15PM & 29th June (Morning)-11AM-1PM ; FREE SEMINAR ON 25TH JUNE, 5.15PM Subject To Availability Of Seats
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website:- www.mitrasias.com
Download Topper's answer booklet: (1) Ravi Agarwal(Rank-94, 2016), (2) Vivek Kumar(Rank-200, 2016) (3) Athar Aamir 1st booklet and 2nd booklet(Rank-2)
ForumIAS Community Meet 2017 on 25th June at 11 AM - You are invited

Dear Friends, ForumIAS Annual Community Meet will be held on June 25th at 11AM in Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi. The Chief Guest for the event will be Suharsh Bhagat, IAS Rank 5, CSE 2014. Come join us , and meet ForumIAS members who have secured ranks this year. Click here to register

OBC Certificate

edited June 2014 in Miscellaneous
Hello friends,
I have recently obtained certificate, declaring me as OBC non- creamy layer.
And my query is that its in hindi and no photo of mine is in that . will this be satisfying my caste as OBC for UPSC civil service Exam.
since last date is 30th june...
please Reply ASAp....if any body can help me
Thank You
IMG_20140623_213904.jpg
1944 x 2592 - 2M
IMG_20140623_213849.jpg
1944 x 2592 - 2M
·

Comments

• The certificate is not in Central govt's format. The required format is available on the UPSC website. I can not say 100% but this certificate will not be accepted ( as per my experience while taking admission in IIT through OBC quota). Get the certificate in the required format so you will not face any troubles later.

for your reference I am attaching the format which I downloaded from UPSC website. (available in 'General' tab )
    pdf
    pdf
    OBC-certificate.pdf
    ·
  • @kam27 thanku for replying...
    yaa i will se to it definitely.....but the format u have given is the same in my certificate but in hindi..
    that is the main problem....will upsc be accepting this certificate or not.....really very confused
    ·
  • @monty001

hindi will not be a problem but in your certificate the resolution number i.e. govt document numbers given are less (16 in Upsc format. 5 in your certi.). Most probably it is in state govt's format. That may be a problem. Hindi will be okay. You should have asked the authorities for certificate in 'Central Govt's Format'.
    ·
  • The only probs with the OBC certificate just uploaded by @monty001 is , its in Hindi . Cant be sure how UPSC responds , but the format is similar to UPSC standards .. Dont worry about the no.of rules absent [if they insist get a new one after your interview ] ..
    Could you please get to know whether your Taluk provides its English version ..
    2017--> 8th attempt
    ·
  • @kam27

the latest resolution i.e. of 4th march 2014 is mentioned in it yr. and i have asked them if they could provide in english. but they said that it would be taking approx. 1 month . and problem is that last date is 30th june to fill CSE 2014 form. here is the main funda of whole problem.
    ·
  • @Vibin
    Yes Of course bro, i have contacted respective teshil(taluka) for english one, they said they...u can get it only after one month. and the date for filling up pre form is 30th.
    could you please tell me that if at all this certificate is not correct as per UPSC and they probably be telling me after interview(if cleared pre and mains), it is possible that UPSC cancel my candidature at that time.???

I am in utter confusion at this time.
    ·
  • No .. No .. Dont worry about that .. Currently you just mention the date from your current possessed certificate . And later after filling mains form , if UPSC informs you to resend with prescribed format then apply for one and send ..

They are not sitting there how to reject your application .. So be cool and prepare for prelims .. All the best .
    2017--> 8th attempt
    ·
  • @vipin

Thank You bro....thanks a ton...
    applying with respective date in certificate....
    Hows Your preparation going on???Hope U r doing gr8... :)
    ·
  • Better than before , no more blunders this time .. Its Do or Do [strictly not Do or Die ] .. :) @monty001
    2017--> 8th attempt
    ·
  • @vipin

U will definitely be having a very gud hold on GS. that i can say sure short. all the best :)

problem in applying with this obc certificate is that.....kahi UPSC wale debaar naa krde iss attempt ke baad.
    This is my 1st attempt.
    ·
  • do not worry
    last year i applied using the OBC certificate given in my state ( AP ) format
    later ( after mains) they asked me to send it according to central gov format. they even sent a copy of that also. ( no need to take print out also) :D
    ·
  • @awesome

They have asked date of obc certificate this time, confused to that coz at later stage if certificate in form of central govt. format then date of certificate will be changed.
    thats the main issue in my case.
    ·
  • @monty001

yar, don't worry too much. As of now apply with this certificate and simultaneously apply for central format OBC certificate. If at later point of time they ask for different certificate than the one you currently have it may take a lot of time and hassle for you. (my own experience: I got my certificate on the very last day of the 7-day provisional period given by IIT authorities).
    My suggestion would be apply now with whatever format you have and keep a copy of certificate in exactly same format as given by UPSC with you.
    ·
  • @kam27

okiee done...filled the form ;)
    ·
  • my obc certifiacate is of central govt format dated 17 june 2011....will they accept so old certificate?
    ·
  • @ibnlokmat

If the format is same then they should accept it.
    ·
  • Guys, I have a obc certificate and in that the address mentioned was my earlier adress. Now we have changed our permanent address. Which address should I fill in form of capf.. the one in my obc certificate or my current one ? Plz help
    ·
  • Guys this is my 5th attempt..n 1st with obc..i have applied earlier with general..will thr be any problem?
    ·
  • Can anyone post the website link for OBC format -upsc CSE?
    When should i get before prelims or before mains?
    is the validity of certificate only 6 months?
    ·
  • can anyone help me? (caste certificate issue)

I have been born and brought up in district A in tamilnadu, but I've obtained caste certificate from father's native district B. (as the particular caste was available in different name in district A, so i've got it from my father's native district B)....
    but in both cases, my caste comes in obc under central list.

·
  • mene apna obc non creamy layer certificate renewal nahi karaya hai to kya me civil services preliminary ka form fill kar skta hu plzzz reply

·
  • mene apna obc non creamy layer certificate renewal nahi karaya hai to kya me civil services preliminary ka form fill kar skta hu plzzz reply
    ·

Yes, apply now after prelim they will ask you to get new one, so no problem at all.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google