43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Beware of Fraud: Bharat Book store, Old Rajinder Nagar, Delhi

Bharat book shop, shop number 56/5, old Rajender Nagar, Delhi.
One of the early shop which is on your right hand a small long space and books kept on a table on the footpath. It has a men's saloon and some small chemist store adjacent to it.
Attaching: photo of the shop and a rough bill.

I want other aspirants to be cautious while dealing with crooks like him. I will narrate how he tricked me out of Rs. 1670/-

I currently live in Pune and preparing for CSE. I wanted some notes and mocks. So I asked my friend to buy them and send them to me by courier. My friend went to this shop on 29th May and purchased materials for Rs.1250. I told her to courier them herself but she on the shopwner's insistence that we do it regularly and keep faith in us, asked him to courier them to me. So she paid him Rs. 1670/- (material of 1250 + Courier charges). This happened on 29th may.

Now after a week I started calling him but he wasn't answering. After sending some friends to enquire there to whom he always answered "Kal pakka milega", he on June 12th (14 days later) called me from another number and told me that my courier was mistakenly sent to Chennai and now he has it and sending it to me now and will reach tomorrow.

On June 18th I sent another friend and made him talk to me. He then gave me a docket no: 8044245160 of overnite courier which shows it was dispatched to Pune on 18th June from Delhi (20 days later).

Now, I got irritated and posted this on review on Justdial and facebook-Vajiram group. He suddenly called me and told me to remove these posts and review on Justdial. He tells me it will be delivered tomorrow (nth time) i.e. on Sunday evening when courier co are closed and webtracking of the courier still shows it is just dispatched from Delhi.
He tells me he doesn't need my money and has very good reputation around; so when I asked him to return me my money, he resfused.
Attaching the parcel status on 23rd June:

Today at 8.30 in the morning I woke up to a call by some lawyer from Patiyala House Court saying I should remove the posts or they will issue a defamation notice against me.
I SAY BRING IT ON! Now my resolves are hard like stone, I will teach him a lesson he won't ever forget.
But guys take a lesson from and beware of these fraudsters.

[Moderator note: The attachment showed a different shop than whose reference is mad here. we are removing the picture]
Memo.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 265K
courier status.jpg
869 x 308 - 74K
UPSC civil services examination is coming closer, and my struggle continues. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at study table. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Civil Services, for this day and all the days to come.........
·

Comments

• @Kabir_V_S
    That book shop owner is very arrogant. Once I went to him, he sold me old pol sci notes of 4-5 years back and told me that they are only last years notes. Later when I found out the truth, he refused to take it back. Feel bad of what happened to you.

Aspirants must be beware of such fraudulent sellers.
    "No dream is too big, no dreamer is too small."
    ·
  • Thank guys me and my 5 friends were just planing to buy various GS books from that shop this evening....
    composite things decay strive diligently ..
    ·
  • @doreamon : Go for Kumar, he is more credible fellow.
    UPSC civil services examination is coming closer, and my struggle continues. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at study table. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Civil Services, for this day and all the days to come.........
    ·
  • i have been a regular customer of Bharat book shop. He most of the times is never out of stock and that is why i regularly buy from him but no more.I have to go out today to buy some books and will make sure that I personally go and tell him the reason why me and my friends will no more be buying from his shop.
    Thanks for bringing this up.
    ·
  • The photo you have attached is of another Bharat Book shop (contrary to your explanation). This shop is not the one which is on the main road.This is the one when you take a right turn and enter the parking space. The one you are describing is on the main road next to the salon and the photostat shop.
    Kindly remove the picture so that the business of an innocent shopkeeper is not affected (However,there is a possibility that this shop too may belong to the same person).
    ·
  • The photo you have attached is of another Bharat Book shop (contrary to your explanation). This shop is not the one which is on the main road.This is the one when you take a right turn and enter the parking space. The one you are describing is on the main road next to the salon and the photostat shop.
    Kindly remove the picture so that the business of an innocent shopkeeper is not affected (However,there is a possibility that this shop too may belong to the same person).
    both are by same person
    ·
  • @andy133: I took this photo from just dial, there 3 of them listed under the name. When I was living in Rajinder nagar there was only 1 Bharat book shop, which was that on the main road.
    @harshjrocky_jain3012: thanks for the assurance.
    ·

• .....Kindly remove the picture so that the business of an innocent shopkeeper is not affected (However,there is a possibility that this shop too may belong to the same person).
    i totally agree with whatever you said... but.... this.... "innocent" shopkeeper, wo bhi in delhi
    :-O :P ... funny :)) ..., don mind, all are crooks at diff level... all of them, each and every single one.
    Appeared - Prelims: 4 ; Mains: 2 ; opt: Law

Nature thrives on patience; Man on impatience
    ·

• .....Kindly remove the picture so that the business of an innocent shopkeeper is not affected (However,there is a possibility that this shop too may belong to the same person).

i totally agree with whatever you said... but.... this.... "innocent" shopkeeper, wo bhi in delhi
    :-O :P ... funny :)) ..., don mind, all are crooks at diff level... all of them, each and every single one.
    :P :P :P baat to sahi hai
    ·
  • Will not be purchasing anymore from that shop. I've often found the dude arrogant as if doing me a big favor by selling me the material.

However, I am interested to know what exactly did you post on justdial. Fair criticism on a website meant for reviews is allowed, not sure what exactly are the grounds used by the lawyer to call you up. You should have jacked him up proper.

Thanks for the headsup anyways. :)
    A republic without a pub is a relic | Criticize the post, not the poster |
    ·
  • He is compulsive fraud. Did same thing to my friend 1 year back
    ·
  • @PoliceWala : It don't think he was a lawyer at all, the number belongs to someone offering himself as a lecturer under justdial might be a friend of the shopowner. I was half asleep at 8.30am. He tried to intimidate me and as that failed he is now asking the courier guy and others to try and cajole me to pull these posts back.
    Now I am more determined!
    Attaching screenshot of my review on justdial.
    just dial review.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 226K
    ·
  • edited June 2014
    @Kabir_V_S A friend had a disputed Airtel broadband bill in Mukherjee Nagar and received two calls:

1) From someone claiming to be an advocate and threatening legal action; and

2) From someone claiming to be an SHO telling him that a case against him will be filed at Tis Hazari within the next one hour if he doesn't pay the bill.

Asked my friend to politely tell them to f**k off. They never bothered him again.

It is very common in India to receive a call from a so called 'Advocate' or a so called 'SHO'. Best ignore them. A negative review can not be taken to a court for 'defamation'. The court will not even entertain such frivolous litigation. And any sane Advocate will be aware of that. Even if you were to receive a legal notice (likely written in poor English), DO NOT budge. Any person registered with the bar can send a legal notice, including yours truly. They are mostly used as tools of intimidation. Simply reply to them stating your POV. Nothing more. Let them go ahead with their imaginary litigation.
    One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place.
    ·
  • The owner of this shop wears a "Tilak" on his forehead. He has been of fraudulent nature for almost 6 years now, since I have observed him in his shop of Ber Sarai, opposite Jawahar Book Depot. He has always been belittled by his big brothers Jawahar Book Depot and Kumar Book Centre in Ber Sarai and ORN respectively. Hence, he somehow survives the stiff competition by these unethical and deceitful manner. He deserves all the criticisms of this forum.
    ·
  • thanx for raising this issue , now onwards i am not going to buy even a pencil box from him
    this kind of ppl need to taught some lessons
    boycott is the easy option
    vavrin vivi
    ·
  • Even I got mugged this month from Bharat book store.. i paid 2k for some useless vajiram notes..he sent only few books that too not at all useful for scoring. The courier service he used was pathetic..all the books were totally wet when i received and some were torn too..
    I was desperate for notes and paid the price for desperation..
    ·
  • Yeh bharat hai kahan pe.. can someone please remind me.. ive got few materials couriered and havent been delievered since a week.. koi yaad dilaayega... woh aunty waali shop hai kya??
    ·
  • edited July 2014
    Yeh bharat hai kahan pe.. can someone please remind me.. ive got few materials couriered and havent been delievered since a week.. koi yaad dilaayega... woh aunty waali shop hai kya??
    bharat=india
    latitude 8'4' north to 37'6' north and from longitude 68'7' east to 97'25' east. South asia.. :-)) :D

jokes apart. bharat bookshop owner is a crook. recently i had a verbal argument with him too.
    he was selling the photocopy material at higher rate. when i asked why..!! he said kharidna hai to lo nahi to jao.
    Character has to be established through a thousand stumbles...
    ·
  • Are bhaiya.. yeh to yaad dilaao ki dukaan kaunsi walai hai rajinder mein??
    ·
  • Konsi shop sahi hai for purchasing books and notes in Rajinder nagar, jahan aise fraud log naa ho... ?
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google