How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

AIR 1 on advertorials!

edited June 2014 in Miscellaneous
Synergy ...chanakya...ingights... cousin ias academy.
This is compete fraud either by institutes or by candidate. If it is on part of institutes , can the topper do some thing to stop this non sense.
I was fully expecting this drama post results.
First attempt in 2014 - couldn't clear prelims, second to be in 2018
Optional - medical sciences

Comments

• edited June 2014
    AIR 1 has availed test series of Synergy, vision and he might have enrolled for PI from others as he even enrolled for Narayana Srichiatanya in hyderabad as well. (He is IPS at NPA hyd)

So, by virtue of 3-4 test series and 2-3 PI, it is evident that all 6-7 institutes jumped the gun and claimed exclusive credit for his rank :P It is part of the agreement when they give you free PI coaching after you clear Mains.

There is no need for you to cry foul and call someone Fraud. It is way over the top.

The students need to understand this and make proper judgments. There is an institute in hyd that claims 60% selections every year, we all know how true it is.
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
  • @thor
    agreed. But institutes should mention who studied what where. It is not correct to claim the success only on basis of a single mock interview/test/personal sitting the candidate might have undertook. The reason institutes ask you to fill the registration form as soon as you go to them just for an enquiry (happened with me at chankaya) is this nonsense. For example Baliyan screams in todays hindu about AIR 1. Now it might be true he studied history in his last attempt in 2012 but it is not ethical to claim success on this basis for 2013 when he did not even appear with history [-X
  • @Shining_Corona

Definitely Baliyan should be sued and I request @crazyphoton to do the needful.

It is equivalent to deceit and we all know AIR 1 wrote with Economics and Baliyan by virtue of 2012 coaching of history is talking big & taking credit in 2013.

But Baliyan has pretty bad reviews all over the web and i am sure many will not fall into the trap but the ones who rely on paper ads might fall prey.

Can we complain to advertisement council or press council in this regard of spreading false info in ads.
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
  • this is the heights of cheapness by baliyan.....gives u more reasons as to why not to join coaching institutes....the sad part is there will still be packed classes for baliyan going after these ads...
  • This is compete fraud either by institutes or by candidate.
    You are stretching it too far.

One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place.
  • edited June 2014
    @Thor - The institute in question might have done something unethical but a legal case against it won't stand. They can of course claim that their history guidance helped the AIR-1 in GS-I (history & culture) which was highlighted in the Ad.
  • Mrunal has already spoken about this issue. And at the end of the day serious aspirants do not fall for such traps. And * any way * all the newbies make some mistake or other and those who fall for the ads will learn through experience, albeit at a cost. No point outraging.
    2014 - 3rd Attempt - Mains Novice - Political Science
  • Mrunal has already spoken about this issue. And at the end of the day serious aspirants do not fall for such traps. And * any way * all the newbies make some mistake or other and those who fall for the ads will learn through experience, albeit at a cost. No point outraging.
    @sniper
    Even I didn knew that much before starting this thread, now I know. Thanks.
    First attempt in 2014 - couldn't clear prelims, second to be in 2018
    Optional - medical sciences
  • did AIR 1 take coaching for general studies at Vajiram or any other institute or did he prepare on his own? Anyone?
  • @livermore_2014 he did take coaching for 6 mnths in delhi after which he continued with his studies in jaipur...i am not sure abt the coaching institute..
  • Hw did he tk test deries of synergy n vision while on traini g of IPS..vision ka to offline bhi chlta hai waise...is it equally beneficial dat way giving tests at home etc..
    Mein rahaan te nahi turda,
    Mein turda taan raah bande..
  • One interesting observation Vajiram and Ravi has so far not claimed any success. Maybe they are planning to publish later but I did not see any print ad from them
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog