Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

Doubts in filling form

edited June 2014 in Miscellaneous
Do you hail from Arunachal Pradesh/
Manipur/Meghalaya/Mizoram/Nagaland/Sikkim and are claiming
exemption from appearing in INDIAN LANGUAGE FOR PAPER A ? No ,

If No, select language for Paper A...

What is paper A and what if i choose hindi? There is no English option

Comments

• it's ur mother tongue or the language subject at 10th grade
  • i am b.sc(computer sc) grad having math and phy as my subsidiary subs(upto 2nd year). Am i elligible for IFS? :|
    optional-maths
  • i am b.sc(computer sc) grad having math and phy as my subsidiary subs(upto 2nd year). Am i elligible for IFS? :|
    Nope
    2017--> 8th attempt
    Nope
    sure bro?
    optional-maths
  • You are eligible, maths or physics should be one of the subjects not the main subject. fill it.
  • I already had.I just wanted to confirm my eligibility so that i dont end up reading one extra subject unnecessarily(of which i will come to know only sometime in october)
    optional-maths
  • claiming age relaxation in form 2, is that linked up with attempts or everyone got attempts, should i choose yes on claiming age relaxation though i can finish all 6 attempts under 30.
    | Commerce | "Conformity is the slowest form of Suicide."
  • do we really need to scan the photograph and signature? or a digital photograph and a pic of the signature will suffice as long as it is in the format specified?
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.
  • @dhaakad_chhora It'll suffice as long as it is clear and is in the specified dimensions. See acceptable photo and signature and unacceptable photo and signature.
    Optional: Political Science
  • claiming age relaxation in form 2, is that linked up with attempts or everyone got attempts, should i choose yes on claiming age relaxation though i can finish all 6 attempts under 30.
    If you will click on yes in claiming age relaxation , next it will ask you to choose the category under which you are claiming it so I dont think if you are from general , you need to fill in 'Yes' there ! Age relaxation here is for some categories mentioned in the notification .

The age limit of 32 yrs and hence the age relaxation about which you are talking about is now for everyone in General category as announced by UPSC .So one need not avail it .One gets it automatically .
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
  • Do you hail from Arunachal Pradesh/

As mentioned in the notification itself ,

PAPER A is of one of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution.

English is not there as it is not an indian language per se so you can choose amongst the languages that they have mentioned in the notification itself.

Kindly go through the notification carefully before filling in the form .
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
  • F0EHAMMER said:

PAPER A is of one of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution.

English is not there as it is not an indian language per se so you can choose amongst the languages that they have mentioned in the notification itself.

Is this Paper A the compulsary paper
  • April2015 said:

F0EHAMMER said:

Is this Paper A the compulsary paper

Yes....its regional language paper which is compulsory.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog