Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Clarification on fresh attempts and age relaxation in Civil Services Examination

edited October 2015 in Official Exam Process
DoPT has updated the notification on fresh attempts and age relaxation in Civil Services Examination

Please visit the link below :-

http://persmin.gov.in/DOPT_WhatIsNew.asp

The PDF of the circular:-

http://ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D2/D02ser/CSE-04032014.pdf
*No good deed goes unpunished*

Comments

@-) =)) @-) :O
    Hesitating to act because the whole vision might not be achieved, or because others do not yet share it, is an attitude that only hinders progress.
  • It looks as if blanket relaxation to everyone is given.
    and Drona asked,"what do you see?","the sparrow's eye!"......and Krishna replied,"Turning their discerning mind to That, directing their whole conscious being to That, making That their whole aim and the sole object of their devotion, they go whence there is no return"
  • edited March 2014
    They had to add just two rows but in that also they couldn't get their calculations right.
  • @Siddharth Am I missing something?
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • edited March 2014
    It looks as if blanket relaxation to everyone is given.
    That was always going to be the case. Or else it would have been struck down by the courts for violating Art. 16.
  • edited March 2014
    @Siddharth Am I missing something?
    Nope, that wasn't for you. Couldn't edit the post later.

Edit :- Does this mean a person just below 32 years who missed it last year can re-appear?
  • @Siddharth I think that provided the age limit of 32 is not crossed, all GC candidates can apply.
    The horde sees the fish. Arjuna sees the eye.
    I see the possibility of fish pakoras ;)
    fledgling IRS (C&CE)
  • I hope, there isnt any ambiguity left!!
  • They are tempting once an aspirant again to make them loose their sleep .. UPSC , I was supposed to quit after this year , why you want to give me more attempts .. :((
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • These changes are permanent ? From now on, a General candidate would have 6 attempts ?
  • When I was telling the same thing, no one believed me.
    You can visit my Blawg at http://www.desikanoon.co.in
  • is the relaxation applicable for IFOS exam also??
  • hi everybody, So August 1st would be the cut off date just like previous time for this time also?
  • Is there a reason behind writing "30+2" instead of just "32" ? :-?
    34-2 would have been really confusing and 28+4 makes no sense ;)
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    30 was initial limit,now it is relaxed up to 2 years more.
    and yes @ArindamSarkar makes sense too. :))
    34-2 would have been really confusing and 28+4 makes no sense ;)
    One more: UPSC believes in fuelling conspiracy theories!
    Sharpen your axe, before cutting down the tree...
  • These changes are permanent ? From now on, a General candidate would have 6 attempts ?
    Of course. As of now, they are permanent.
  • edited March 2014
    @Siddharth Am I missing something?
    Nope, that wasn't for you. Couldn't edit the post later.

Edit :- Does this mean a person just below 32 years who missed it last year can re-appear?
    Yeah. Anyone who is below 32 years of age and has not exhausted his/her 6 attempts can appear in the exam.
  • edited March 2014
    So, i have 6 attempts now. :P :D

I am happy for my seniors ,who had exhausted their attempts .I hope they would be back to the game again and win the battle. :)

P.S. Picture abhi baaki hai, CSE 2014 would be more thrilled than the movie 300: Rise of an Empire. :-bd
    CSE Mains-2014 [Political Science & International Relations]

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain.”
  • Am trying to predict CSP cutoff, 260,270..300 any bid???
    | Commerce | "Conformity is the slowest form of Suicide."
  • The return of the veterans will definitely spice up things .
    Just had this thought , if they increase the max. age a little more ( particularly in the SC/ST and PH categories) father son duos will simultaneously compete for the coveted jobs . Even Vajiram could come up with family discounts .
  • @Rudy ... dude, that's a great observation! lol
  • The return of the veterans will definitely spice up things .
    Just had this thought , if they increase the max. age a little more ( particularly in the SC/ST and PH categories) father son duos will simultaneously compete for the coveted jobs . Even Vajiram could come up with family discounts .
    lolz
    | Commerce | "Conformity is the slowest form of Suicide."
  • edited March 2014
    Is that a printing mistake -> +12 additional years :O

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain.”
    No its (normal=30 +10) =PH +2)=> Normal +12; the guy seems to be quite young and ridiculing age relaxation. I think @Siddharth too fell in the same trap
    and Drona asked,"what do you see?","the sparrow's eye!"......and Krishna replied,"Turning their discerning mind to That, directing their whole conscious being to That, making That their whole aim and the sole object of their devotion, they go whence there is no return"
  • edited March 2014
    No its (normal=30 +10) =PH +2)=> Normal +12; the guy seems to be quite young and ridiculing age relaxation. I think @Siddharth too fell in the same trap
    Oh , i see. Thanks . :)

P.S. Today i finally understood , why do i make mistakes in RC. :P

• edited March 2014

Oh , i see. Thanks . :)

P.S. Today i finally understood , why do i make mistakes in RC. :P

Its not RC, its bureaucrazy lang. decoding :D

• edited March 2014
    @AK_CS

Oh, * bureaucrazy lang .. decoding* ! :-S Yet so much to discover & learn. :-w

In one of the Hindi movie a dialogue is , "Tumhara Pyaar Na Ho Gaya,UPSC Ka Exam Ho Gaya,10 Saal Se Paas Hi Nai Ho Rha" lol. So, let me focus on clearing the exam , i 'll cross the bridge when i come there, where many of you have already reached. :P :D

Anyways, Thank you. :)

• The Cutoffs for this year's prelims will surely touch 275+ for CS Mains and 300 for IFOS mains......
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog