ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Geography related questions in interview

Hello everyone, as we are slowly moving closer towards interview. I would like all aspirants with geography optionals to share probable questions asked on geography in interview.

Such as :
1. Significance of Geography for Bureaucrat?
2. What is Regional Planning?
3.. Difference in Urban Planning and Rural Planning?

Please share your own questions and discuss the answers related to it.

Comments

• good effort!!! =D>
    pre-5.....mains-2 (wit geo...dis time med.science...fingers crossed)...interview-1.
    "success is never final and failure is never fatal"
  • geography of places mentioned in your daf like place of your schooling,graduation,pg,job etc... the significance of these places and problems if any. not only the above mentioned places but also the seat of universities... @-)
    pre-5.....mains-2 (wit geo...dis time med.science...fingers crossed)...interview-1.
    "success is never final and failure is never fatal"
  • I read one interview in which they gave map to the candidates and divided India into two parts from kashmir to kanyakumari. They asked 8-10 entries on whether they lie right or left to the line. I think before going to the interview one must be ready with the map work!
  • IMO If you have geography as a optional then you can expect some deep questions otherwise they will general questions related to your birthplace,state or job location
  • Yes, my optional is geography and even in my interests i have mentioned meterology because of my background. So, expecting a real hardcore geography questions.
    In one of the interview, i had noticed :
    1. how can we stop river water to drain into sea?
    2. Its ecological impact and inter-state disputes arising from it?
  • Can someone please post probable questions which can be asked in Interview related to Geography?
    It would be a great help :)
  • Have you received an Interview Call ? Are you going to appear for a Job Interview ?
    Have you done your Interview preparation ? Don't take risk of million rupees Job offer.
    Prepare Interview with Industry Professionals Crack your Job Interview with Confidence

pinterview.in
  • Lets revive this thread again

I am posting some geography questions that were asked in last year interview (2016) related to geography optional.

1. Benefits of volcanoes and volcanic eruption
    2. Divide Asia into different parts , countries in it and their political/economic groupings
    3. Questions related to plate tectonics
    4. Aurora borealis and aurora australis - reason for its formations and its impact on earth

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog